Summary:what was your 3 best flashlights purchases for year 2015?

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Amazing magellan, astonishing and i think you would have struggled if it had been your top 300 lights this year :laughing:

I will say your posts/thread/lights have made 2015 a pleasure to read and drool over on CPF!! Thank you for sharing all your stunning family of lights, big and small:)

Thanks much for the kind words. I'm glad you've enjoyed the photos of my lights.

I'm finally slowing down as I've pretty much got most of what I want, but I'm sure there are a few more lights in my future. :)

ven

Flashaholic
I am sure you will find something, be it macs, spy's, older rare types..............i guess it is never ending and can go for as long as you want it to:D

Unfortunately , my wallet and kids tell my funds(whats left ) to go on silly stuff like food :laughing:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
:cool: story, good job one did not shine a deft X back at ya shouting " get a proper light!" and blinded you............may have been the worst purchase this year :laughing:

;)

Won't none too worried about that. The neighbor said he himself had panic'd a bit out of fear of my 'plan b' scenario. I'll just leave it there and state that Lux-Pro is a mighty fine Plan A.

With all my other flashlights it certainly earned it's place in my best 3 purchased in 015.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love seeing everyones top three. Funny that we are such nuts, we can't decide what lights are our top three. Most people don't even buy one light a year. We buy dozens. And some cost hundreds, some even thousands. ha!

I think Mag bought the most lights last year or he showed the most. lol I am sure there are some others out there we don't see.

Not to go to far off topic, but I wonder who sold the most?? I think I only sold around 10. Mostly vintage or modified Surefires for local nonflasholic gun folks. Strangely, this year seemed to be a lot of guys asking me to upgrade/tweak their SF weapon lights. The locals appreciate having a local goto source on lights.

Glad the OP said top three. I would struggle to remember all the lights I got this past year. When you have so many, and have been doing it a while, the years and lights run together. Guess that could be called, a Light Year? chuckle chuckle

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Love seeing everyones top three. Funny that we are such nuts, we can't decide what lights are our top three. Most people don't even buy one light a year. We buy dozens. And some cost hundreds, some even thousands. ha!

I think Mag bought the most lights last year or he showed the most. lol I am sure there are some others out there we don't see.

Not to go to far off topic, but I wonder who sold the most?? I think I only sold around 10. Mostly vintage or modified Surefires for local nonflasholic gun folks. Strangely, this year seemed to be a lot of guys asking me to upgrade/tweak their SF weapon lights. The locals appreciate having a local goto source on lights.

Glad the OP said top three. I would struggle to remember all the lights I got this past year. When you have so many, and have been doing it a while, the years and lights run together. Guess that could be called, a Light Year? chuckle chuckle

Well, yes i thought it would be best to limit it to three lights, since the majority of the members here has owned so many lights during a year.:) It makes it easier to remember and mention the very best 3 purchased(or gifts) lights during the year.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I only sold one light last year, but it was a biggie, the amazing Tain T45C Ti light. I had bought two, and sold one to another CPF bro (jmayot) who had missed out on the original sale. There were only 12 produced if I remember right.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
1: New ti body for my lf2xt from muhaha.
2: muhaha clip for my lf2xt
3: warm Xp-l emmitter for the lf2xt, and neutral xpl-hi for my old nitecore d10.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
1: New ti body for my lf2xt from muhaha.
2: muhaha clip for my lf2xt
3: warm Xp-l emmitter for the lf2xt, and neutral xpl-hi for my old nitecore d10.

Pics or it didn't happen! muhahhahhaa

Seriously, I would love to see it all set up.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still waiting for the clip. Still not arrived. Outragous, i ordered it last year :)
Some few quick handheld pics can be arranged. Just bought a new laptop and i got no photoshop installed yet to crop, clean the pics, or make them look crisp. So photos are not great, straight from the phone, but better than nothing :)

P1010961_zpservxqbjy.jpg

P1010977_zpsxohphbwb.jpg

P1010990_zpsch3yspmh.jpg

Left, nitecore d10 running a aw 14500 batt on max. with xp-l hi. Tint: 3D 4750-5000K
Middle. stock mbi hf with cool xm-l running on max with a AW imr 10440.
Right, litefux lf2xt with a aw imr 10440 and dedomed xp-l. Tint: 5A3. 4000-4125K

bykfixer

Flashaholic
After a lot of thinking back as best as my brain can I decided the best purchase overall was my Microstream regarding number of times/hours used or uses. Coast HP1 was a close 2nd. Sure Fire G2x Pro a close 3rd.

Best purchase regarding coolest, most likely to go down as my favorite #1 ever would be my PK FL2 LE. Malkoff MD2 was a photo finish for 2nd. Alpha was a close 3rd.

Best purchase in general regarding comfort, handling, user interface and generally a verstatile light would be my Streamlight Stinger LED.
Strions and TL2's weren't far behind tied for 2nd.

That's 3.

Last edited:

uofaengr

Enlightened
This one is tough but I'll play...

Zebralight SC62w
Zebralight SC52w
L3 Illumination L11C N219b

Honorable mention - BLF A6

Tough keeping the A6 out of the top 3.

Minimoog

Enlightened
I love my Thrunite TiS with the Nichia - so warm and that low mode...
The McGizmo Haiku with AA body - proving very useful.
The Rev Victor Enthusiast - just incredible to light up things over a mile away with a searing beam.

H-Man

Enlightened
Thorfire TG06
Ultrafire F13.
Those are the only lights I bought in 2015.

swampgator

Enlightened
Nothing sexy but...
1. Two (2) Sure Fire Z2 Combat lights with V-70 holsters @ $40 each. One was a Christmas gift to my son.
2. Sure Fire G2 for $25 on close out at Gander Mountain.
3. Maglite ML300. Paid retail but it's my first LED with a "smart" switch.

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Am I going to get thrown off the forum for admitting I only bought two flashlights for myself in 2015? In fact, I have only purchased three lights in total for 2015 (not including cheapo 'burner' lights I use for lending).

1) Nitecore HC30
2) Nitecore EC11
3) Fenix E05 (for the wife)

Of course 2016 has started well...

1) McGizmo Haiku Hi-CRI with diamond-etched clip :devil:

Anthon01

Newly Enlightened
1- Skilhunt H02 New
2- DQG Tiny 18650
3- BLF A6

2016 has started with a Manker U11 which probably will take the "EDC" place instead of the DQG