SureFire 2211 WristLight

Jonnyg7lus

Newly Enlightened
Hello Robin this is the answer I received from surefire.

The wrist light is water resistant; however, it's not water proof so avoid going swimming with it.

Thank you,

Steven Schwier
Technical Support
SUREFIRE, LLC

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's rated to be IPX7, submersion at 3 feet for 30 minutes, so it's more than water-resistant. I'm not sure about going swimming with it, but if you fell into a pool with the 2211, the light will be fine.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Hello all I thought I'd share my solution to the 2211 raised bevel problem. Kydex made by a fiend whom makes weapon holsters and it works very well and simply clips off and on.

That little piece of kydex is a work of art. I'm more impressed with it than I am the external design of the light. Seeing it actually makes me want both now! SF should contact your friend and have him make covers for them. :)

Jonnyg7lus

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info Robin that's good news!, Patriot my friend made it in about 1hour its a great addition although I did make the holes for the buttons a bit bigger. I must admit I'm looking forward to the time keeping version. Kydex is a great useful product. I hope surefire brings out a case and considers using kydex.

devgru

Newly Enlightened
I bought one tonight and it should be here Tuesday. I plan on replacing the 24mm nylon strap with a Ted Su rubber dive strap from a Panerai watch I have. I'm a complete noob with flashlight tech, but I'll post some wall-shots.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one tonight and it should be here Tuesday. I plan on replacing the 24mm nylon strap with a Ted Su rubber dive strap from a Panerai watch I have. I'm a complete noob with flashlight tech, but I'll post some wall-shots.

If you can fit the Ted Su, it should be a hot combo! Love to see some photos! But, I use Ted's dive strap and buckle during the winter months since it doesn't breath. Keeping my wrist wet, personally, it's uncomfortable. During the winter, it's a kick *ss strap!

One small reminder, if the light's lugs aren't drilled through. Remove the lug screw, or pin reinforcement tube in the strap before installing the strap! ... :ohgeez:... I recently had to cut the strap off a watch without drilled lugs so I could install the Ti bracelet on one of my watches. Luckily, I have a few back up straps, so I'm still good to go! ... :laughing:

Btw, ... :welcome:

Edit, it looks like it's got drilled through lugs, so never mind!.... :tinfoil:

Last edited:

devgru

Newly Enlightened
If you can fit the Ted Su, it should be a hot combo! Love to see some photos! But, I use Ted's dive strap and buckle during the winter months since it doesn't breath. Keeping my wrist wet, personally, it's uncomfortable. During the winter, it's a kick *ss strap!

One small reminder, if the light's lugs aren't drilled through. Remove the lug screw, or pin reinforcement tube in the strap before installing the strap! ... :ohgeez:... I recently had to cut the strap off a watch without drilled lugs so I could install the Ti bracelet on one of my watches. Luckily, I have a few back up straps, so I'm still good to go! ... :laughing:

Btw, ... :welcome:

Edit, it looks like it's got drilled through lugs, so never mind!.... :tinfoil:

Thanks for the warm-welcome!

Yeah, it looks GTG.... patiently waiting for the UPS guy. Also ordered a SF Defender 500L which should be here this week. I'll update with some pics of the strap and wall shots when it arrives. I ordered another Ted Su for the 2211. I would be w/o a rubber strap if I took it off my Panny.

devgru

Newly Enlightened
Ordered two (one for my brother), but only one arrived. Have to get with UPS about that. Anyway, it's smaller than it appears in the stock photos. I'll take some beam shots tonight on a white wall. Very comfortable on the wrist with the nylon strap. Unrelated to the function of the light, but the Ted Su will be far too thick (tall) at the lug to fit. The nylon strap is the typical NATO style and is just fine.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ordered two (one for my brother), but only one arrived. Have to get with UPS about that. Anyway, it's smaller than it appears in the stock photos. I'll take some beam shots tonight on a white wall. Very comfortable on the wrist with the nylon strap. Unrelated to the function of the light, but the Ted Su will be far too thick (tall) at the lug to fit. The nylon strap is the typical NATO style and is just fine.

Wow, I should'dah sent you my address so you could've ordered me one too! ...................... OK, just kidding around! .... :devil: ... Yeah, it's unfortunate Ted's strap wouldn't fit, would have made a great combo imo! Have you tried it after removing the support tube in the strap?

Either way, glad it made it to you! Nice pick up that's for sure! Now we need to see some wrist shots! ... :thumbsup:

Last edited:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought this thing was also supposed to have an integrated military/dive style watch with tritium indices etc.

DIfferent version, or they scrapped that idea entirely?

MBentz

Enlightened
I love me some SureFire, but for $500 you'd think they would have figured out how to get a watch built into the damned thing!

Phry

Banned
The price you pay for being first to market with a new item that happens to be bomb proof.

Bomb proof. Otherwise known as aluminium.

I agree if this had a small quartz watch included I would pay up to $2000.

Phry

Banned
It's ugly as heck though...

Well you might think it is ugly, and only 180 lumens, and uses a proprietary battery, and is a stupid idea, and costs $500 but bear in mind it is meant for military and law enforcement.

Therefore all is good.

kj2

Flashaholic
I can't imagine that sales won't be better, if the price would be lower. Sure it's a innovative light, but I think mostly the price scares off customers.
Yes, law enforcement and military aren't looking if they pay $50 more or less, but even they have to watch every out-going dollar these days.
For me the price is holding me off to buy one.