Surefire C3 Serial Number Registry

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
altermann, I took this picture a few weeks ago. I got out some of my C3's for a group photo. A00765 is at the bottom. It doesn't have the crosshairs. That's okay, It served me well for a long time. Now it is pretty much retired. Has the old school golden brown type III finish.

20191218-204615-Medium.jpg

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
You put a Z58 on it autogiro? You just don't do that with a low serial C2 or C3 buddy!
altermann serial below 600? BK or HA? Crosshairs?

Either way, I hate you both. :D

Last edited:

autogiro

Enlightened
You put a Z58 on it autogiro? You just don't do that with a low serial C2 or C3 buddy!
altermann serial below 600? BK or HA? Crosshairs?

Either way, I hate you both. :D

Not sure how it ended up that way. I'll have to look in my parts boxes for the correct tail cap. Good eyes!
Auto

sidfishez

Newly Enlightened
765, it's at the beginning of the thread.

Yea, I tried to buy that one if it's the black one I'm thinking about. They weren't wanting to sell..

Yes it was a nice black C3. Too bad they didn't want to give it up.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe. My #612 has a Lexan bezel and it's an HA.

No, it's HA

Wow, are you guys serious? That would be the ONLY lexan lenses on a Surefire HAIII hard anodize light I've ever heard of... EVER. Even all of my C2-HA crosshair lights that pre-date them have the screw in pyrex lenses. I know they did some weird ones like blue or green or red anodized Z2's or 6P's, but they were all type II. I can't imagine what the manufacturing reason for making type III heads with press fit lexan bezels might have been at that point. Definitely was a transition period then. Something I've never heard of before with C3-HA lights. But then I never thought a C3-HA with crosshair logos existed before either.

Last edited:

sidfishez

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to inform you that i have not found another early crosshair C3 this year. However, a nice C3 in HA with a B serial did find it's way to me. It's only sixty something numbers away from Rat's B serial. B62626 HA Natural newer four flats.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a few to finally add, well in particular one, but two very solid users!

3 Flats:

A001438 HA-Natural (w/ stock Laser Products P90 for age ref., but modern logo, just snagged this today for $35 on craigslist w/ box and 2 diffusers!)

4 Flats:

A023802 Black

A12431 Black

gIooZzG.jpg

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a few to finally add, well in particular one, but two very solid users!

3 Flats:

A001438 HA-Natural (w/ stock Laser Products P90 for age ref., but modern logo, just snagged this today for $35 on craigslist w/ box and 2 diffusers!)

Holy crap, nice snag. That looks pretty much mint too. I even like the black C3's even though they have never really been my thing. They have that smoother feel and more regal look. But back in the day they were priced so close to the type III version that it never really made sense to opt for them if a type III was available.