Surefire E1B Backup First Generation - batteries choice

Erik_Cartman

Newly Enlightened
I have tried various rechargeable CR123A batteries with my E1B First Generation.
Only batteries without over-current and low-voltage protection circuitry work.
Ones with protection circuitry causes the E1B to flicker.

Anyone else has such experience?

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
My old E1B flickered with any rechargeable batteries besides the LFP123a or 2*AA Eneloop, when I put head on the body 2 * AA. But after a few reloads, my LFP123 died, and the 2 * AA body was occupied by another head, more brilliant, so I sold it. I don't remember the exact name of the head, but the XRE diode was completely coated with the phosphor, not only radiant surface, but also everything around under the lens.

Last edited:

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only use Panasonic Primaries in mine.

Now go in the Kitchen and make me a Pie!

I have tried various rechargeable CR123A batteries with my E1B First Generation.
Only batteries without over-current and low-voltage protection circuitry work.
Ones with protection circuitry causes the E1B to flicker.

Anyone else has such experience?

Jose Marin

Enlightened
I use the lfp 123's from surefire. Right off the charger they make my e1b back up 1st gen flicker but if you burn off a little enegry from them they work fine, the voltage i think is just a little to high. I usually stick them in my e1b mv on high for 30 seconds and that lowers them enough. I think that flickering is some built in over voltage warning in those old heads. If you use lithium ion rechargeables in the 1st gen e1b it will just flicker they have to be the lithium phosphate type

Last edited:

Erik_Cartman

Newly Enlightened
I use the lfp 123's from surefire. Right off the charger they make my e1b back up 1st gen flicker but if you burn off a little enegry from them they work fine, the voltage i think is just a little to high. I usually stick them in my e1b mv on high for 30 seconds and that lowers them enough. I think that flickering is some built in over voltage warning in those old heads. If you use lithium ion rechargeables in the 1st gen e1b it will just flicker they have to be the lithium phosphate type

I just checked. the Rechargeable that worked for me is LiFe.
Thanks for pointing out.

Latest posts