Surefire E1B MaxVision discussion

mebiuspower

Newly Enlightened
SF has lost its ways after PK left... they're making it 400 lumens "because they can".

I wish I still have my original E1B but it was stolen along with my backpack. :(

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
For similar battery life, 400 lumens is a vast improvement over 110. The flood beam has my interest too.

JPA261

Flashlight Enthusiast
Contacted Surefire and all they said is sometime in the second quarter of this year. So, we shall see.🤔

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like only the aluminum head and the reflector will have to be newly ade for this model, so it might be around the corner.

Same front glass as the E1B/EB1, maybe E1D driver, XPL they already have in stock as they put it in the G2X-LE, same old body+clip+clicky tailcap as older E1B but new markings.

A shrouded tail would be nice though.

Tango44, yes it's not going to be cheap but you can always spend your money elsewhere if it doesn't suit your tastes or budget.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
A shrouded tail would be nice though.

Tango44, yes it's not going to be cheap but you can always spend your money elsewhere if it doesn't suit your tastes or budget.

I've got a couple of Z68 tailcaps that I think will fit this new E1B model. The ability to tailstand in a small light is greatly appreciated and the shroud really helps if you are fumble fingered like me. I just hope they don't do a half a** shrouded model like the EB1 that barely tailstands. And, I hope as an E1B, the classic 'E' series accessories still fit unlike with the tailcaps on the EB1.

I thinking that the street price of this new model will be well under $200. I bought an EB1 on Amazon for $126 a couple of years ago with a daily deal and I think I paid around $140 for another one from an authorized online dealer.

For me the E1B MV is very interesting. I also hope the light will work with LiIon cells not only LFP cells like the EB1.

My latest EB1 seems to work fine with 3.7 volt RCR123A's and I agree, hope that is also the case with the new E1B MV. :thumbsup:

Lucky Duck

Enlightened
I haven't seen anyone complaining about the Zebralight SC63W having "too much" brightness. I understand that, yes the Zeb has many options for selections of brightness, but it does offer much brighter levels. The Maxvision is offering a simpler solution for a pocketable flooder. OK, maybe apples & oranges comparison here as the Zebra is cheaper, smaller, lighter, more versatile, with longer battery life and a neutral tint but I digress. (Back in flash, am headed to the Zebralight website to buy a 63W :- )

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't seen anyone complaining about the Zebralight SC63W having "too much" brightness. I understand that, yes the Zeb has many options for selections of brightness, but it does offer much brighter levels. The Maxvision is offering a simpler solution for a pocketable flooder. OK, maybe apples & oranges comparison here as the Zebra is cheaper, smaller, lighter, more versatile, with longer battery life and a neutral tint but I digress. (Back in flash, am headed to the Zebralight website to buy a 63W :- )
You don't need a 63w because if you've been paying attention you already have one or more 62W and have been using them for a couple of years. :) You could always get a 'SC600Fd Mk III Plus' and it makes it very easy to forget all about the new E1B even though I really like my previous versions of the light (you need to get the correct tail-cap on it though).

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light sounds nice, but... WHEN?

When SF will release it for sale?

I CAN´T WAIT TOO LONG!

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad to see a reflector in an E series. Don't like the 5 lumen low. 10 or 15 would be good. Guess they going in the right direction. I'll wait till it hits my dealers warehouse so I don't have to pay 250 bucks or more. Still not the surefire of used to love, but that's not coming back.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still not the surefire of used to love, but that's not coming back.

It is however an interesting retro product with direct lineage to the PK glory days. Who ever thought that the E1B would be back after the EB1 arrived and broke the lego capability of the E series tailcaps and other accessories?

The UM2 is another recent legacy inspired design with the knurling and feel of the original U2. It is allegedly already discontinued on release to the market however. :sigh:

Will more of these LED classics be revived? Or is the plastic squeeze light and the cellphone case/battery the future of EDC SureFire's?

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is however an interesting retro product with direct lineage to the PK glory days. Who ever thought that the E1B would be back after the EB1 arrived and broke the lego capability of the E series tailcaps and other accessories?

The UM2 is another recent legacy inspired design with the knurling and feel of the original U2. It is allegedly already discontinued on release to the market however. :sigh:

Will more of these LED classics be revived? Or is the plastic squeeze light and the cellphone case/battery the future of EDC SureFire's?
I wouldn't put too much faith in surefire reviving the oldies personally. Heck, who even knows if this e1b mv will even be released. If it does however, I will pick one up. Now, if it stays with me may be another story. [emoji6]

JPA261

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like the Surefire E1B Maxvision is available on Brightguy.com for $199.00!![emoji2]