Surefire E1B MaxVision discussion

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
It being abailable [emoji16] $199 [emoji35]. I want this light but cannot put that kind of money into it.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've bought at least a half dozen E1B's over the years including a couple in the SF 30th Anniversary Collector Sets. I modded one with a warm white XP-G thanks to some help from other folks here on CPF.

My only question about the E1B MV is how green is it? All of my recent CR123A SureFire's have that coke bottle tint :green: no matter how much I try to pretend otherwise.

Agile54

Newly Enlightened
It being abailable [emoji16] $199 [emoji35]. I want this light but cannot put that kind of money into it.

Somewhat agree w/ kyhunter here, thinking the price means we won't see a user feedback post here for a while.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting - I wasn't expecting a smooth reflector. I thought it would have been an "orange peel variant" - similar to what you see on the Surefire Titan A/Plus models.

I'll keep hope alive for an E1L with a "MaxVision" reflector. And, dare I hope, the E1L-AA with MaxVision.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll keep hope alive for an E1L with a "MaxVision" reflector. And, dare I hope, the E1L-AA with MaxVision.
I don't think that there will come an new light of the Outdoorsman series. They phased out the E1L, E2L and E2L-AA a year ago....

But at all I'd be in for a E1L-AA doesn't matter with or without MV reflector :D

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
A lot of people clamoring for a 1aa Surefire.
We should all email them. Who knows..

I'm setting aside funds for the EB1MV.
The moment it appears on local B&M stores( SE Asia), I'll grab one.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think that there will come an new light of the Outdoorsman series. They phased out the E1L, E2L and E2L-AA a year ago....

But at all I'd be in for a E1L-AA doesn't matter with or without MV reflector :D

All excellent and valid points, but what the hell - I didn't say I was being reasonable. Just hopeful. Or delusional - whatever. :crazy:

EtA: The major drawback to the E1L, in my opinion, is the use of the focused beam. Great for distance, but absolutely horrible for close quarters use. The beam profile on the new Titan A/Plus models would be *perfect* in an E1L format.

JPA261

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder why they are on eBay and one dealer, but not on their website yet. I figure that they would when the Avaitors are out.

jodoma

Newly Enlightened
Ordered one on OpticsPlanet using a coupon code...looking forward to testing it.

Renegade315

Newly Enlightened
This E1B MV works! I have been using it daily for a few days, it is exactly what I have been waiting for! The 5 lumens actually is perfect, the high 400 lumens definitely gets you noticed! I like this one best so far! I have owned all of their backups previously.

JPA261

Flashlight Enthusiast
This E1B MV works! I have been using it daily for a few days, it is exactly what I have been waiting for! The 5 lumens actually is perfect, the high 400 lumens definitely gets you noticed! I like this one best so far! I have owned all of their backups previously.

Pictures pictures pictures!!

jodoma

Newly Enlightened
GREAT!!

We´re all waiting (anxiously) for your impressions and (lots of) pictures. :naughty:

Well, it will be a while. After an issue with PayPal processing the transaction, I reordered and it is now saying 1-3 months to ship. :(

mbw_151

Enlightened
Is it too early to ask about regulation of the 400 lumen output? Is it flat, stepped, or does the output just run down hill like the EB1? I hope this isn't another light built to look good against the ANSI spec for runtime.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just...great. I liked the 110 lumen E1B.
I really liked the 200 lumen EB1.
Now...400 lumens?! And, not cheap.:sigh: