Surefire e2dl ultra

PseudoFed

Enlightened
thank you, you just saved me alot of money:thumbsup:

No worries. They seem to have hundreds of them in stock. You can tell this on their site by putting in a quantity of like 2000 and the cart will be adjusted to the actual quantity on hand..... Still thinking of one myself, but not if the 600 is not really a change.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
https://malkoff-devices.myshopify.c...s/e2-super-scout-m600-2cr123-high-output-head that is the head i ordered, it will be replacing an old incandescent. i also have a 600lumen coming from arms unlimited and a 500 lumen coming from bh video, i already know the bh ed2 is going back but i will make a video compareing all 3... now im still dont know exactly which batt. i should use ,i want rechargeables, links would be greatly appreciated...
thanks guys:cool: http://charger.nitecore.com/BATTERIES/RCR123A/ is that the one i need?

Just be careful and check em all out before you send anything anywhere... an upgrade isn't "always" the better next one up! Trust me.

fireonhigh

Newly Enlightened
No worries. They seem to have hundreds of them in stock. You can tell this on their site by putting in a quantity of like 2000 and the cart will be adjusted to the actual quantity on hand..... Still thinking of one myself, but not if the 600 is not really a change.

yeah i seen the price and ordered 10,lol.. then just 1 is what im getting/ordered all this today so by sometime next week i should have everything..thanks again!!:thumbsup:

fireonhigh

Newly Enlightened
oh yeah i will givem a run, but i will keep the malkoff head,, just a battle between 140 dollars and 500 and 600 lumens! 600 hun.lumens is 140 cheaper.. but yeah you are right.. any ideas on the nitecore link i posted??

fireonhigh

Newly Enlightened
oh yeah i will givem a run, but i will keep the malkoff head,, just a battle between 140 dollars and 500 and 600 lumens! 600 hun.lumens is 140 cheaper.. but yeah you are right.. any ideas on the nitecore link i posted??

never mind ,i found them on goinggears site!! now the wait begins;)

fireonhigh

Newly Enlightened
never mind ,i found them on goinggears site!! now the wait begins;)

so they are back ordered , called surefire tech. rep said to use k2 energy 123a rechargeables. also the 600 lumen has been out since the begining of the year according to him. so yeah more lumen less money i hope it all works out:twothumbs

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Given their intellibeam and new stuff I m dubious of more lumens less money... gotta be a compromise somewhere

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
so they are back ordered , called surefire tech. rep said to use k2 energy 123a rechargeables. also the 600 lumen has been out since the begining of the year according to him. so yeah more lumen less money i hope it all works out:twothumbs

PM sent with another possible source.

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Suddenly I feel claustrophobic with the tight beam of the E2D! But on the other hand, it throws. It would complement well with a floody beam from a triple Nichia. ;)

rjking

Enlightened
I've been using the Ultra exclusively with RCR123s for over three months, so I guess it's time for a run time test.

For the test, I'm using freshly charged AW RCR123s.

First....temperature. I held onto the body of the light for the entire test, and it never got beyond warm. I was able to comfortably hold onto the head also.

The head reached 112 degrees after 15 minutes, and remained at that temp for the remainder of the test.

I didn't measure the lux during the test, but it didn't dim appreciably.

The light shut off after 49 minutes.

While a sample size of 1 is far from conclusive, I'm now comfortable running mine on RCRs for as long as the cells last.

After about 15 minutes of recovery, one cell measured 3.208 volts and the other one measured 3.260 volts, at rest without load.

Grizz

Hi Grizzman

It seems this is some kind of a led burn in test but with rechargeable. Did you notice the tint shifted from what it used to be afterwards? Just curious as I'm planning to do the same. I always do burn in with the original batteries that comes with the light to see if it lives up to the claimed runtime specs. :thinking:

Last edited:

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I noticed no tint shift at all during the time I owned the Ultra.....cold to hot, single Li-Ion to dual Li-Ion, full cells to empty cells, etc.

rjking

Enlightened
Thanks for the confirmation. I've got one coming and hope it does run with rechargeable too.

rjking

Enlightened
Finally managed to test my E2DL-A Ultra 600 with 2 Efest IMR's 16340 v2 and run for about an hour. The Sanyo 16650 fits as well albeit with much less output. The good thing is, it looks like I've got a white one with the greenish shade only noticeable on the 5 lumens low when wall hunting.

Jose Marin

Enlightened
I get full output believe it or not for a few mins with a sanyo 16650 charged to 4.35v i did a runtime test the other day but havent graphed it yet because still waiting to test 2xcr123 and 2x16340. It fell out of regulation in 5 mins i think and had a decent taper. measured 18kcd with 2x 16340 and 18kcd with 4.35v 16650