SUREFIRE EDCL-2T

matt4350

Enlightened
Well since you put it that way.... 15 would be my pick since I likely wouldnt use it in a foxhole, but rather, to light for a photograph, taking out the trash or finding a crayon under the sofa.
PK designs his new multi setting stuff around 15 lumens and it's a very, very useable output when the battery absolutely, positively has to last until help arrives.

If we're putting it to the vote, I'd say run with a low of 15. It's adequate for moving about outdoors if you're not in a hurry, good for indoors. 5 is okay if you're in a familiar area, but not as useful for getting about in the vast unknown.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I've always thought 5 lumens wouldn't be enough, I use my current Surefire (EB1 & E1B-MV) with a 5 lumen low and they provide plenty of illumination for my needs.

I'm looking forward to the EDCL-1T!

Last edited:

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you spec an Aviator Classic? Head-twist to select low/floody, (Nichia 3mm?) or high/throwy, (the "big gun") and two-stage tailcap for two-stage brightness control? The thing that made the original Aviator __great__ was the fact that both modes illuminated the same breadth, at two different ranges. I'd also dearly love the return of the Surefire az2-s, which was a great concept, but laughable at 120 lumens - I couldn't even justify the price on clearance, when I had a 1000 lumen triple-Nichia 283 light. But with two modes - bright and dim; controlled by head tension - and the two-stage tailcap, I'd drop $250 on it with … okay, I'd have to do a little saving, but if you could do 1000-1500 lumens at full blast…

I'm imagining 5/60 and 60/1200 modes for "camping" and "fighting", with the smaller being the diffuse low-power beam provided by the flood LEDs.

Edit: I just looked up the E2T-MV, and I think I'll be buying three lights from you this season. My hypothetical "super AZ2-S" seems to be a combination of the E2T-MV and the EDCL-2T, and I'd buy that too… but I want to own both of your two-cell lights of this season! :D. (The third one will be the Sidekick, which I'll get off my keister and finally buy)

What makes you think people will pay to buy it? The UM2 is on clearance as it is(Which benefits us but not Surefire). Considering the UM2 was originally priced at 300, you want to pay 50 dollar LESS for more features that costs a lot more to integrate?

JPA261

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see the EDCL-2 on both Surefire website and another vendor is allowing me to add it to cart. Does that mean it is in stock and ready to sell?

I just placed an order over the phone and the sales rep said it's on backorder. However, they should be back in stock at the end of the week.

JJRG

Newly Enlightened
I just placed an order over the phone and the sales rep said it's on backorder. However, they should be back in stock at the end of the week.

Yeah, it's apparently been doing pretty well.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure there is a pent up demand for a E2D/EB2 format light with significantly more output than the 500 version that first came out in early 2013(?) as the E2DL Ultra, and the currently owners were not in a hurry to upgrade to the 600 lumen version.:wave:

JJRG

Newly Enlightened
So, I just got my first production EDCL-2T in hand (the cobbler's children have no shoes). The low setting is brighter than 5 lumens. I'll report back after I talk to engineering.

Crushmaster

Newly Enlightened
So, I just got my first production EDCL-2T in hand (the cobbler's children have no shoes). The low setting is brighter than 5 lumens. I'll report back after I talk to engineering.
Oh boy oh boy oh boy :popcorn:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
IMG_20170930_220011.jpg

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm getting these new SF threads confused. Have I missed the release date for the new single cell EDCL?

Considering both the one cell and the two cell models.

Dingle1911

Enlightened
I ordered one from the SF website. I am going to try the head on a single cell body and other lego experiments. Maybe I won't need to buy another light so soon.

JJRG

Newly Enlightened
I think I am just going to order one to play with. It would be nice of it worked with the Thyrm Switchback. I also wonder if it will work with the K2 LiFPo batteries that SF sells.

Just tested with a switchback, it works, though now my tailcap is stuck in the switchback. 😂😂😂 I'll talk to them about it.

Dingle1911

Enlightened
Just tested with a switchback, it works, though now my tailcap is stuck in the switchback. 😂😂😂 I'll talk to them about it.
''

Thanks @JJRG You may have just saved me from getting my switchback stuck on the tailcap.

Latest posts