Surefire m6 and m3t-cb rechargeable battery options in United Kingdom

Atr

Newly Enlightened
Hi Jim, I think I'm gonna go with your suggestion, get the rcr's and put an order in with tad customs, especially now theirs a few other bits from there I need for my m6 Incan and aviator as well. (Also I think rcr's are ok in aviators? I know some say no?) I also have an led tower from lumens factory so all in all I will have some good options/configurations. I want to order some some their imr bulbs too to give me m6 options :)

Minimoog

Enlightened
Hi Jim, I think I'm gonna go with your suggestion, get the rcr's and put an order in with tad customs, especially now theirs a few other bits from there I need for my m6 Incan and aviator as well. (Also I think rcr's are ok in aviators? I know some say no?) I also have an led tower from lumens factory so all in all I will have some good options/configurations. I want to order some some their imr bulbs too to give me m6 options :)

For Aviator I use RCR's but since the original LED's are voltage dropped by resistors only I strongly suggest you get one of the 'Onion Rings' sold here by member Koala. They have sockets for LED's - and an adjustable potentiometer to set the LED brightness. I use the Yuji high CRI ones. If you go this route I can send you some of these unrated LED's free of charge as I have loads.

I have an M6 and use Tad holder and Xenon bulbs plus 2x18650 holder from Fivemega. Works wonderful. I don't have an M3 so can't help with that sorry.

Atr

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your advice minimoog, so are you saying rcr's do work fine in a standard a2 but theirs a risk involved potentially? Since your post I have looked at koalas thread but seems he's not making these or supplying these currently, I've sent him a message anyway but no reply as yet.

ive finally got a source for a 2x18650 in Europe theirs just a bit of waiting time but he's says they will be here soon:)

Minimoog

Enlightened
Thanks for your advice minimoog, so are you saying rcr's do work fine in a standard a2 but theirs a risk involved potentially? Since your post I have looked at koalas thread but seems he's not making these or supplying these currently, I've sent him a message anyway but no reply as yet.

ive finally got a source for a 2x18650 in Europe theirs just a bit of waiting time but he's says they will be here soon:)

Hi, yes - I use AW 16350 rechargeables in my HA A2 with no problems, however I have had an A2 just go faulty - and that was running normal disposable lithium cells. I suppose there is always a risk when running non standard batteries but if you take a little time to see what is physically happening when running the batteries you choose (voltage under load etc) then you can understand better what the risks are. So for A2 on RCR its overdriven LED's and also possible over discharge of the cells if you don't get protected ones.

Good luck with the M6 - I love mine on a pair of protected 18650 (Panasonic cell inside). Keep us posted!