SureFire out of U2s? :(

pilou

Enlightened
Saying it is a black eye is an understatement. Some of the Surefire lights seem awfully overpriced anyway and something like this just reinforces that perception. I have looked at the U2 and I have liked it, but not enough to even pay half the asking price for it.

What kind of "engineering" department do they have that needs to work on a clicky cap for a "long time?" It's not like this was the first clicky cap ever designed.

Have any of you seen some of the videos and photos of their engineering guy? The word narcissist comes to mind.

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
pilou said:
What kind of "engineering" department do they have that needs to work on a clicky cap for a "long time?" It's not like this was the first clicky cap ever designed.

Have any of you seen some of the videos and photos of their engineering guy? The word narcissist comes to mind.

Ohh boy......Please be gentle Al, for he is not knowing of the great Paul Kim. You should have done your homework on this one pilou.:shrug:

Size15's

Flashaholic
pilou said:

The Major Weenie works hard and plays hard. I think most CPF Members are aware of the contribution he makes.

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Size15's said:
The Major Weenie works hard and plays hard. I think most CPF Members are aware of the contribution he makes.

Wow, you really let him have it!!!!

Actually, you were very understanding. Nice job.:thumbsup:

pilou

Enlightened
Size15's said:

He may do all that, but that doesn't mean he doesn't spend a lot of time staring at the mirror, in complete awe of himself :devil: :laughing:

PacketStorm

Newly Enlightened
I feel obligated to report in on my latest dealings with SF Customer Service. My original contact with them was via phone three weeks ago and I had been waiting ever since.

I got mad Sunday night and typed up a fairly scathing e-mail and re-requested that they send me a tailcap ASAP so I could use this d*mn flashlight!

Guess what shows up UPS late this afternoon? An overnight, (UPS Red), package from SF with my new tailcap. So strange to actually be able to use this light! :)

Just thought I would pass along the good news and give a big THANK YOU to SureFire for getting on the bandwagon with this one.

I guess my "harsh" e-mail worked - as well as copying Paul Kim. :naughty:

Loomy

Enlightened
I've read some of PK's old posts -- he definitely takes care of people! I just hope regular customers get treated well too.

joema

Flashlight Enthusiast
pilou said:
...I have looked at the U2 and I have liked it, but not enough to even pay half the asking price for it...
My U2 also failed out of the box, which was frustrating. However they repaired it and the U2 is my overall favorite light -- even more than my HDS U60, Fire~FlyIII, etc. It's my main "go to" light. Very powerful yet flexible. My lux meter shows it has about DOUBLE the output of my HDS U60. It also has a very precision feel, like a fine instrument.

Yes I wish the lowest output was dimmer and I wish the tail switch QC problems never happened, but IMO it's worth the high price.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
That sounds like good news and bad news, PacketStorm - your U2 is working again, but now you have to find a new paperweight! A good paperweight is so hard to find. :grin2:

It seems like the only thing that can ruin a Surefire light is... itself. I can see the headlines now:

"DOA is leading cause of death among Surefires aged 0-5 minutes! Is YOUR baby at risk?"

:laughing:

PacketStorm

Newly Enlightened
TigerhawkT3 said:
That sounds like good news and bad news, PacketStorm - your U2 is working again, but now you have to find a new paperweight! A good paperweight is so hard to find. :grin2:

It seems like the only thing that can ruin a Surefire light is... itself. I can see the headlines now:

"DOA is leading cause of death among Surefires aged 0-5 minutes! Is YOUR baby at risk?"

:laughing:

LOL! Yes, I need to find another high dollar paperweight. With all my gadgets it shouldn't be hard to find. It's dark now, so lets go burn through some batteries in this revived U2! :)

Miracle

Enlightened
dizzy said:
That is totally understandable. When you get it, make sure you post how it turns out for you. I hope you get a keeper. :)

hello Sir,

If I am not wrong, it should be about 4-5 weeks time before SureFire has U2s?

anyway when I finally get the latest version U2s, I will post here

:)

Gern Blanston

Newly Enlightened
I just got a U2 at Cabela's. My tailcap issue is that after I turn off "constant on", the button will turn on the light with almost no pressure. Sometimes it will blink on a off for a while without being touched at all.
I'm glad that I got this at Cabela's: they have a very liberal return policy.