Surefire Pride for your PC!

LK5GB7

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the critisism! but i'd rather have my wallpaper.

In comparison, its cleaner, brighter, easier to read, and doesn't go overboard on text or photo filters. (ahem. lens flare nubies anyone?)

by the way, you might want to turn on anti aliasing, or use illustrator for the lines. im not raggin on your methods or style dude, but at least show some respect for the logo and expose it. not make it darker, and bury it with filters and shadows..

vector vs raster, google it up and learn.

Last edited:

nzgunnie

Enlightened
Anyone know where you can get desktop images for surefire, similar (or the same..) as their calender images? The 06 calender had some great stuff in it that would make excellent desktop wallpaper.

Illum

Flashaholic
Anyone know where you can get desktop images for surefire, similar (or the same..) as their calender images? The 06 calender had some great stuff in it that would make excellent desktop wallpaper.

PM Size15s [surefire guru] or AluminumOvercast [surefire's photographer] yet?

nzgunnie

Enlightened
This thread is about SF pride, it should stay there.

The opening line in the original post says:

Well, I know there are alot of surefire enthusiasts out there! And since there really arent any "official" Surefire wallpapers, i decided to conjur some up.

So I think my question about SF photo wallpapers (versus simple logos) is perfectly related. I'm interested to know why you don't?

Numbers

Enlightened
nzgunnie
My post just happened to follow yours it was not referring to your post.
Just hoping we can stay on the subject of SUREFIRE pride for the PC, wallpaper certainly included.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice wallpapers LK5GB7. Here is what I did with mine.

sfdsktplq1.jpg

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for the critisism! but i'd rather have my wallpaper.

In comparison, its cleaner, brighter, easier to read, and doesn't go overboard on text or photo filters. (ahem. lens flare nubies anyone?)

by the way, you might want to turn on anti aliasing, or use illustrator for the lines. im not raggin on your methods or style dude, but at least show some respect for the logo and expose it. not make it darker, and bury it with filters and shadows..

vector vs raster, google it up and learn.

i hope i didnt come across as making mine out to be better or something, i know there are different styles, and different ways of floating boats..

with the surefire, i was going for it to look like one of those brands you see on tv-movies, at the end where they show all the related brands, where a brand flashes up, then goes black, then it changes to another brand. The idea is that someone shines a light on the surefire 3d logo thats suspended in air, and then sweeps it off..

I will admit that i am not a professional graphic artist, and i know squat about illustrator and vector drawing, so those are strictly my style, and my techniques.

With the fenix one, the lens flare is meant to reflect thier motto/tagline

"sunshine in your pocket"

it is meant to be reminiscent of a rising sun..

I do respect logos, that i want to potray them in a more dramatic way, and that is my style. I respect that there are differing styles...and my critisim of yours being too saturated was what i felt, but it was more of an opening line for my post then outright critisism, and im sorry if my meaning was unclear...
:ohgeez:

numbers, the thread starter himself brought up the topic for other wallpapers...
Crenshaw

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
Shelby Chan (AluminumOvercast) has taken some excellent photos.
You may like to take a look at his galleries on www.pk-e.com
He's a very busy man and so if you request a larger version of a specific photo he may find it easier to help you.
Also, perhaps best not to expect the exact size and resolution you need so you may have to get creative yourself to construct the desk-top image you want.

LK5GB7

Newly Enlightened
its quite alright! i didnt want to come off as a prude; i guess i sometimes get alittle concerned when people would rather critisize over utilize something i put up to enjoy. obviously critisism is welcome to a degree, but beside the point, that is not your intent to ridicule :)

in all honesty, the more wallpapers, the merrier!

LK5GB7

Newly Enlightened
just so you guys know,

out of respect, i emailed surefire just to make sure they were on good terms with the idea. even though they were polite and ok with making our own surefire wallpapers, they didnt want them made public. now legally this is permitted, but since i happen to visit and spend frequently at the surefire HQ, i decided best to be on good terms, take the links down, and not **** off anyone personally.

but, sounds like surefire has given the OK to make our own wallapers, as long as we keep them to ourselves.

Ron canfield from Surefire said:
...We cannot give you permission to use the logo for anything that is to be sold, solicited, or made available to the public. If there is wallpaper you want to make for non-commercial use that is not available to the public and shall not be solicited then there shouldn't be a problem with it

Last edited: