Surefire Titan T1A Pics & Info

tygger

Enlightened
Returned my T1A due to a severely off-center emitter but Surefire (fixed/replaced?) it pronto with great customer service. The replacement emitter is still off center but much better than before. Man, the UI on this thing is pretty amazing and so easy to use one handed. It may not be a hardcore thrower but its definitely not pure flood. Just about perfect beam profile for close to medium range tasks.

tygger

Enlightened
Does anyone know the dimensions of the tailcap O-ring? I like to have spares on hand just in case.

EV_007

Enlightened
So I just received mine in the mail today. I haven't been this excited about a new light since the U2 came out.

Multi-level, small, compact light that I can have on me at all times is my requirements for LEDs. This may be the ticket.

I was preparing myself for the angry blue I've heard reported from some owners. So I twisted it on and held my breath... WOW! No angry blue here folks. Looks very white, not blue, or purple or green for all that matter. Best way to describe the beam color is clean. The low is very low, which is awesome. Ramping it up with smooth gradation of brightness is just excellent. The indent to the lowest before shutting off is genius.

I was really worried about the angry blue and the low not being low enough.

The lowest light I have is a photon with a low low, but the Titan T1A goes much lower. And no PWM flickering crap either.

Floody, clean beam with smooth regulated brightness levels. This may be my new EDC. It won't replace my incans for long range full specturm duty by any means, but then again that's not what it was designed to do.

Being able to use the low level and twisting it as needed for more light from the off position will be the biggest benefit. Especially when at the theater or restaraunt. My other three level light defaults to the medium PWM mode which is too bright and I would often times have to shield the light until I bumped it down to the low mode, which was still a bit too high and flicker city, which attracted attention.

Stay tuned for pics coming soon.

Last edited:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
EV_007, if you have a lightmeter would you check lux on highest setting at one meter. I have been on the fence regarding this light as it apparently has well under 1000 Lux at one meter on high, and I am thinking that with 60-70+ lumens that I want some ability to use in daylight under the hood, for example, or in high ambient light areas for at least close up work. I would think that decent lux on high would really complement the T1A making it more EDC able, from a low low to a not too bright, but practable high, or am I just shooting in the dark and expecting too much?

Bill

EV_007

Enlightened
EV_007, if you have a lightmeter would you check lux on highest setting at one meter. I have been on the fence regarding this light as it apparently has well under 1000 Lux at one meter on high, and I am thinking that with 60-70+ lumens that I want some ability to use in daylight under the hood, for example, or in high ambient light areas for at least close up work. I would think that decent lux on high would really complement the T1A making it more EDC able, from a low low to a not too bright, but practable high, or am I just shooting in the dark and expecting too much?

Bill

I have a camera light meter, not a sphere or any specialized light meter ala CPF style.

The high is pretty bright actually. Close up work within a few feet should be fine. Although the narrower spectrum nature of LED may get washed out in shaded areas under daylight.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bill

My reading at one meter is 550 lux. I am not sure though that this is a right way of measuring a light that practically has no hotspot. :confused:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
My reading at one meter is 550 lux. I am not sure though that this is a right way of measuring a light that practically has no hotspot. :confused:

If that is the highest reading then you did your best. If lux remains fairly high in the flood then that is good. I would prefer more lux, but the reflector and fairly small head probably do not allow much in the way of high lux. Just the way it is.

Bill

Palestofwhite

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone,

How do you guys carry your T1A? Besides the given keyring and lanyard? What could be a better way to attach your keys to this light?

Thank you.

tygger

Enlightened
Mine rides in the loose change pocket every day. Too big and heavy for the keychain. A small (horizontal) belt holster would be nice.

Palestofwhite

Newly Enlightened
I was thinking if a shorter strap with another hook at the end will make it better... Not too sure if the dangling keys will scratch it up.

DimmerD

Enlightened
Right hand pocket with my rubber coated USB flash drive. It's only fallen out twice, luckily both times in my car. Only falls out of gym shorts pockets, never work atire.

Rossymeister

Enlightened
This Light Looks Very Interesting... But Regarding The Cool Tint..

Does Anyone Have Beamshots Comparing The LS20 And The T1A Titan?

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
here's a pic of titan next to Li14430 for size comparison
titan%20lanyard2.JPG
I was almost fooled for a moment. Thought this was a Muyshondt Nautilus till I re-read the description and noticed how slender it was, also the head was a giveaway. :p

Speaking of the Nautilus, anyone who owns both a Nautilus and a T1A care to take a side-by-side pic for size comparison?

redryder

Enlightened
SF Titan T1A tints?

Other threads mention the Titan T1A having a bluish tint. Is this the tint to be expected(most common)? Also, has anyone tried to get Surefire to exchange their Titan for another tint? Thanks.