Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperNinja

Enlightened
greenLED said:
Check out this image, guys:
http://contents.fifthunit.com/html/products.5th/images/sku_1195_4.jpg

They even greyed-out the SF logo... :green:

Somebody "in the know" should contact SF.
That logo may not be "greyed-out", it might just be out of focus.
The camera could just be focused on the head, not the body of the light.

Just as the "U2" is out of focus (while the head is in focus) in this image:
http://contents.fifthunit.com/html/products.5th/images/sku_1195_1.jpg

If FifthUnits intention was to grey out the "U2" also, then why would they post another pic with the "U2" clearly and obviously visible?

SuperNinja

Enlightened
MayCooper said:
Like I said... lawsuit waiting to happen...
FifthUnit isn't worried about lawsuits.

1. They are in china.

2. This is not the first time they have sold something that is a knock-off.

You have seen their fake nano, have you not?

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
SuperNinja said:
FifthUnit isn't worried about lawsuits.

1. They are in china.

2. This is not the first time they have sold something that is a knock-off.

You have seen their fake nano, have you not?

I know... but this is the first time I think that they used the name as well as a real picture of the original product...

Illum

Flashaholic
SuperNinja said:
"May" be a guarantee?

Doesn't sound all that confident.

I'm not confident to say it will happen just by judging pictures... like shopping on ebay, the pic is often unreliable [in my experience anyway]. I dont know how the patent system works and therefore not willing to draw a conclusion from a foregone speculation....

but this....:mad: this is...:mad::mad: this shameless copy of a surefire is enough to ruin the rest of my day :banghead:

SuperTorch

Enlightened
It take takes a lot to make a new product and the company that makes the new product is rare and intitled to the profits from that creativity. Fithunit is a rip-off artist, yes it looks sweet but lets see something NEW from them that we may want, that is so perfect in form/function it adds to the industry. Its the original artist SUREFIRE that needs to be rewarded because they will produce again. This is nothing more than a hack band palying cover tunes. If our goverment would equal the playing field this poop wouldn't happen, poor labor laws and other misguided open market policies are the reason WAL-MART has ran the little guy out of business. WAL-MART"S starting slogan in the 50's till early 90's was AMERICAN MADE but they were having problems competeing with china made product - so if you can't lick'em join'em so much for the AMERICAM MADE part of their image, you can bearley even recall it now. I'm not blaming Wal-Mart as much as out Govermant but now that Wal-Mart is dominateing they don't want it to change, and they have the money to see it doesn't.

The light looks AWESOME, but what we need are CREATIVE ARTIST not RIPOFF ARTIST for instance there was an open door for anyone to have CREE XR E flashlights ready by now, and they could have earned a supply the comsumer with what they want credibility but here you just have a hack a company with very nice manufacturing tools.

I'm all for eveyother country in the world geting rich and rising up to better standards of living, I am not interseted in America getting Ripped Off, pillaged and drained when its our extremely valuable CREATIVITY thats the reason they are prospering. When "Artist don't get paid they give up their ART"

I'd rather SUREFIRE get paid and next year come out with something MIND BLOWING than give up for lack of proffit, Only to have Fifthunit offer the COPY as there king light for the next 5 years and we see nothing new.

When all know its wrong, We all Know the COPY looks KICK ***, But I'll have to pass on it. If it would have had a Cree then I could have blamed SUREFIRE for being slow to market, but this flashlight buildwise is not a step up but like most copies a step down.

It does look Killer but the styling is the rip-off.

I'm not against anyone who buys it or sees things differently, I just hate it when originals are hurt by copies. Its like cheating on a test, one person studies the other doesn't but sits by them at test time and looks over their shoulder and copies their answers.

:twak:

x2x3x2

Banned
Kiessling said:
x2x3x2 ... please stop it. Neither your tone nor your implications are apprediated on CPF.

To all ... please be civil and stay on topic. This is an example of an important problem and I would hate to see this thread go downhill.

bernhard

there are more posts here knocking fifthunit and its desingers, which arent relavant to the original thread which is about the PRODUCT of a "U2 style" flashlight. and their "tone" and "implications" regarding fifthunit and this product have been more explicit than mine. yet u choose to pick out my comments? nice one...

fifthunit has proably overall sold more than surefire has to the not so rich cpfers n provided us which many good quality:price ratio products. yet people are so fast to knock them out when they do a clone of some american made product. y dont u complain as much when some of their designs copy fenix/lumapower/luxogen/ and other china made lights?

this is typical of american superiority complex, alot of americans have been subliminaly convinced of this my the mainstream media, act/policies of ur government and such over the years. even some moderators/supporters here show this bias. u can go ahead n ban me if u like, cpf community has become much more biased over the years since i joined. probably should change ur url to cpfusa.com while ur at it. and

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
x2x3x2 said:
many good quality:price ratio products.

:grin2: I sure am glad you didn't disable smilies in your post.

quality : price became quality:price, and if you think about the slang for Asian goods that come from their food staple, it becomes very humorous.

x2x3x2

Banned
@Supertorch, if u dont mind other people buying this item, then y do u bother to post this opinion of yours in a thread which is about the product itself with ur views which have nothing to do with this product but instead supporting surefire?

in case u didnt know, american ingenuity isnt all that u think it is. america has copied much more from the russians, germans and other countries since 1950's, and made profit of these in the process. wake up and smell the poluted air dude.. y dont most people know this? cos they rely on info from mainstream media which always leave out stuff like this and potray uncle sam as tops.

@EngrPaul, what exactly do u mean? firstly rice doesnt automatically relate to asian if u actaully know more about the world, n secondly quality "something" has probably been used with more american products than anyone else ;)

Last edited:

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
x2x3x2 said:
@EngrPaul, what exactly do u mean? firstly rice doesnt automatically relate to asian if u actaully know more about the world, n secondly quality "something" has probably been used with more american products than anyone else ;)

Well there are a lot of stupid Amercans who love to call any Asian vehicle a "rice-burner", and anyone who modifies a compact car with flair has "riced" their vehicle. I'm an open-minded individual who happens to own several Asian-made vehicles, and I do not personally use these terms. :sssh:

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just checked out the site. The Nero has a K2 LED bulb and it takes two CR123A primitive or two CR123A 3.6V Li-ion batteries. It has two power levels.

Somebody needs to translate Nero for FifthUnit. I'm not sure I want a flashlight named after a Roman Emperor most famous for murdering Christians. Some believe Nero was responsible for beheading Paul and crucifying Peter upside down.

KROMATICS

Enlightened
x2x3x2 said:
If someone is seriously considering buying a surefire u2, is it not safe to assume that he or she would be knowledgable enough on the product theyre buying before dropping over $200+, dont u think? in this case, personal illumination tools.

who do u know that would consider dropping $200+ on a juast another flashlight if he or she didnt have sufficient info behind it or flashlights as a whole? and then just changed their mind when they see a $20+ one? u think people are so stupid? if u think so, then probably u are the stupid one as u are making a big deal out of something trivial.

I think you're taking Caveat Emptor to the extreme. Is commiting identity theft okay because some people will fall for it? Same principle. You seem to be saying that if a customer gets scammed it's their own damn fault so screw them. Must be nice to be an all knowing deity but I wouldn't know as I'm just a lowly human.

Last edited:

KROMATICS

Enlightened
I'd also like to point out that it doesn't even matter if people get fooled by this. The fact is they copied Surefire's design right down to the logos. That is stealing and stealing is wrong. That's all I'm going to say on the matter. There is no point in further arguing over basic morals and ethics that are so lacking these days.

x2x3x2

Banned
@Kromatics, it clearly says U2 style, not Surefire U2 man. c'mon now.

"You seem to be saying that if a customer gets scammed it's their own damn fault so screw them."

it seems u are the one taking things to the extreme man, im not faultying anyone nor am i assuming people are "all knowing dieties". i said that someone who would have been considering buying a $200+ flashlight would probably know a thing or 2 about the product. ur reply its so extreme, its easy to tell ur somekinda fanatic..

x2x3x2

Banned
KROMATICS said:
I'd also like to point out that it doesn't even matter if people get fooled by this. The fact is they copied Surefire's design right down to the logos. That is stealing and stealing is wrong. That's all I'm going to say on the matter. There is no point in further arguing over basic morals and ethics that are so lacking these days.

seem like u are the all knowing diety of moral after all ;) everyone should be like u i suppose. the world would be a better place where people wont need to lock their doors too.

SuperTorch

Enlightened
x2x3x2 said:
@Supertorch, if u dont mind other people buying this item, then y do u bother to post this opinion of yours in a thread which is about the product itself with ur views which have nothing to do with this product but instead supporting surefire?

in case u didnt know, american ingenuity isnt all that u think it is. america has copied much more from the russians, germans and other countries since 1950's, and made profit of these in the process. wake up and smell the poluted air dude.. y dont most people know this? cos they rely on info from mainstream media which always leave out stuff like this and potray uncle sam as tops.

My thoughts are clear enough, Support the CREATIVE ARTIST not the theif, your the one whos not reading it closely. I didn't say its OK for Americans to copy, but overhere if they want to take the intellectual theif to court they will be heard, try geting China to put a halt to Copyright theft, Yea Right, its what they base their whole economy on, theft of Intellectual Property and Factory Slave Workers and Americans Special Interest that keep it that way. It'll eventually change as in the people will demand to be paid more and treated better, and the sooner the better. Just because I have my views doesn't mean I think other have to see it my way, buy if you want to that my opinons on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.