Surefire UM2 Ultra

Beard Man

Enlightened
Replace original Surefire clicky Z59 (NOT twisty) with McClicky,
works great,I like it much more than Surefire clicky Z59,
purchased it here,McClicky,brass adapter, two boots and one small o-ring for $15.99 : http://www.ebay.com/itm/EDCPlus-McC...453869?hash=item35fc7f162d:g:DEgAAOSwZQxW3Xr~
there is also a set with copper adapter,but the price for set with copper adapter is $18.99,the brass works just great for me.
The Surefire Z59 was replaced with Kobalt needle nose pliers,puchased in Lowe's for $7.98 + Tax :)

Last edited:

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone bored theirs for 18mm?
This will not work, you can check it on your UM2!

Unscrew Head and Body. Now take a 18650 or 18350 battery and hold this battery to the threads on the head. You will see the Battery will not fit into this threads, and if you bore this threads the remeining material would not be enough...

In comparsion, with a U2, the 18650 battery will fit into the same threads since the inner of the threads are wider and do not Need any modification for 18650 cells. Only the Body Needs to be bored...

Last edited:

Beard Man

Enlightened
I use [FONT=&quot]K2 Energy LFP123A Rechargeable Li Ion 3.2V Battery[/FONT] on my Surefire UM2 Ultra and charge it with Nitcore D2,so far so good! :twothumbs

Last edited:

Beard Man

Enlightened
Crazy! I paid $199 for mine a month ago!

If only I know...

NOW its $150 :faint:

Why they drop the price so low ?

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Crazy! I paid $199 for mine a month ago!

If only I know...

NOW its $150 :faint:

Why they drop the price so low ?

Simple case of overstock; they want to clear them out. I managed to get quite a lot of LX2s at Galls when they did the same. $43 each! Crazy good deal and I ended up buying about eight.

Well, I just ordered mine as well as some batteries because it seems this one is going to need them. Hopefully they'll arrive on Monday; I haven't been this excited for a light in a while. [emoji39]

Last edited:

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
Argh! On one hand I really would like to own a "selector ring" light by SF. But I prefer floody/orange peel type beams over TIR/throw. And I understand the tint is a bit on the cool side - not so neutral. Sigh, I'll sleep on it tonight and see if my right index finger will be willing to click onto PLACE ORDER tomorrow...

Beard Man

Enlightened
Argh! On one hand I really would like to own a "selector ring" light by SF. But I prefer floody/orange peel type beams over TIR/throw. And I understand the tint is a bit on the cool side - not so neutral. Sigh, I'll sleep on it tonight and see if my right index finger will be willing to click onto PLACE ORDER tomorrow...

Well, I have P1R Peacekeeper 600/15 mode and UM2 Ultra, and my P1R Peacekeeper a little brighter than UM2,

and I like beam color on P1R Peacekeeper more than on UM2,

maybe because P1R Peacekeeper have an orange peel reflector and UM2 TIR ? :shrug:

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
Beard Man, I too have the dual mode Peacekeeper. It's my main nightstand light. How much have you been using the UM2 for the past month? I'm concerned that if I get the UM2, it may sit around collecting dust. Also, I can't find any candela or meters of throw for the UM2 - does anyone know?

kssmith

Enlightened
I've had the UM2 for ~1year and use it frequently. I let it sit for a few months collecting some dust, but went back to it. I stopped for a bit mainly because of its size when I bought the e1b mv. But Overall it may still be my favorite light. I use rcr123s in it since on high it's kind of a battery hog.

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my UM2 today! This thing is definitely the biggest 2-cell light I've ever seen. Not sure I'm exactly a fan of it because there's no way it's ever going into my EDC rotation, but build quality seems excellent and on par with what one would normally expect from SureFire. I wish it had come with an outer box like the other lights come with...just like the presentation more and would have been cool. Overall, good first impressions. I'm sure it'll make a great camping or emergency light.

JBA

Newly Enlightened
Just got an email that Arms Unlimited has dropped the price again to $150. I'm going to have to order a spare one now :D