Tax rebates starting to arrive this monday!

Glasstream15

Newly Enlightened
My $300 is already in the bank. It'll be gone in a couple of days to pay for the camera and lenses I already have. Not so easy come but dang sure easy go.

PkdMslf

Newly Enlightened
U.S. Economic Stimulus Checks

I found this on another forum, enjoy.

<<Federal Rebate Check
The federal government is sending each and every one of us a $600 rebate. If we spend it at Walmart the money will go to China . If we spend it on gasoline the money will go to the Arabs. If we purchase a computer it will go to India . If we purchase fruit and vegetables it will go to Mexico, Honduras and Guatemala . If we purchase a car it will go to Japan . If we purchase useless crap it will go to Taiwan. And none of it will help the American economy. The only way to keep the money here at home is to buy prostitutes, weed, beer and tattoos since these are the only products still produced in the USA . Thank you for your help and please support the U.S .

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Re: U.S. Economic Stimulus Checks

I found this on another forum, enjoy.

<<Federal Rebate Check
The federal government is sending each and every one of us a $600 rebate. If we spend it at Walmart the money will go to China . If we spend it on gasoline the money will go to the Arabs. If we purchase a computer it will go to India . If we purchase fruit and vegetables it will go to Mexico, Honduras and Guatemala . If we purchase a car it will go to Japan . If we purchase useless crap it will go to Taiwan. And none of it will help the American economy. The only way to keep the money here at home is to buy prostitutes, weed, beer and tattoos since these are the only products still produced in the USA . Thank you for your help and please support the U.S .

Ha! I'm spending my check on Surefire products! Especially the Invictus! (Well, when it finally gets released to the public).

Keep your American-made vices.... And I'll enjoy my American-made vice. :twothumbs

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: U.S. Economic Stimulus Checks

Ha! I'm spending my check on Surefire products! Especially the Invictus! (Well, when it finally gets released to the public).

Keep your American-made vices.... And I'll enjoy my American-made vice. :twothumbs

:crackup:

f*** yeah!!!

(sorry for the outburst of patriotism)

I may need to put my money away for tuition and then a UA2. No other light like it on the market, future or present.

daveman

Enlightened
Why is oil so high? Didn`t we just win a war with a oil rich country? Where`s the payback on that investment? Riches of war?

Didn't we start the war in Iraq to stop WMD and spread democracy?

You're not saying that we... :sssh:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Didn't we start the war in Iraq to stop WMD and spread democracy?

You're not saying that we... :sssh:

No, we're not saying that at all.... And as proof, look at the steadily climbing gas prices in the U.S.

If we were, the price would come down, instead of going up! :mad:

Screw gold, the hottest thing now is oil!

daveman

Enlightened
No, we're not saying that at all.... And as proof, look at the steadily climbing gas prices in the U.S.

If we were, the price would come down, instead of going up! :mad:

Screw gold, the hottest thing now is oil!

No, the hottest thing is the USD. :green:

Jokes aside, I must point out, again, that the price of crude oil, as well as rice, wheat, corn, and flashlights, DID NOT go up much at all (no more than double) if we were to measure them with gold instead of those cutesy little green papers.

That's inflation at it's most obvious and unadulterated manifestation: price inflation across the board.

So no, the price of oil did not increase; it's the overall value of your USD that's been vaporized, there's a huge difference between the two.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
When I drive at work, patrolling, I have the radio turned on. Every news commentator says the same thing.... every day.... "The price of oil has gone up to (fill in the blank, as long as the price is more than it was yesterday) dollars a barrel."

daveman

Enlightened
When I drive at work, patrolling, I have the radio turned on. Every news commentator says the same thing.... every day.... "The price of oil has gone up to (fill in the blank, as long as the price is more than it was yesterday) dollars a barrel."

Yeah, I hear that too. And?

If you had listened to "them," you would've bought into the tech stocks in the spring of 2000; housing prices can only increase on Earth and financial stocks of today would never crash.

When you see the price increase of oil (and gasoline), you would loose the picture behind it if you only see the nominal numbers.

The "price" of crude oil did not increase fivefold between 2000 to 2008, as gold also rose four fold in the same timespan. Oil only (I know, I know...) doubled, not quintupled. Did I spell quintuple right?

pactchncn

Newly Enlightened
I was happy when I saw that extra money in my account. A good chunk of it went to TAD Gear. To get some very high quality US made goods. I had been eyeing up some of their force 10 shorts of a while. I also picked up their V8 jacket, merino wool hoodie 20% off combo thingy for when I move back up to the frigid north.
The rest of it will hopefully stay in my bank account!

Last edited:

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
speaking of that check , i got a real let down..i checked the mail and had a letter in with return address sayin "TAX STIMULUS" i open it up and see a check with statue of liberty on it then i looked at the amount and it said $2500 i was stoked and had nice little spending spree in my head planned for all of 2 seconds when i saw it was for a hyundai advertising deal :poof: ahhh it looked like a real check , had me fooled

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I completely forgot about the rebates, until it arrived Thursday. I was at the end of the snail mail category. I'm going to convert it to pennies. I figure having 120,000 pennies you always feel like you have a fortune on hand.

Rzr800

Enlightened
If a tax rebate is supposed to stimulate the economy...why do we have to make the entire process such a vile commentary on human intelligence?

Common sense tells us that anybody with even a smidgen of debt receiving this money under no constraints whatsoever...does what with it?

And if you're not in debt...yet 'somehow' notice that the cost of everything around you is rising at minimum the amount of said check for your current budget year...what do you do with that money?

I'm just as happy as humanly possible for the guy or gal that falls into neither of the above categories in terms of not worrying about what costs what on a daily basis. Many people in this category have others relying on them to make sound financial decisions and they are obviously the folks that this rebate is aimed at (1/2 may simply put it in the bank because they don't need it or anticipate further costs; the other 1/2 may spend it all on one dinner...it doesn't matter).

Yet to bypass the poor and middle class statistical figures in this country and pitch this nonsense as a stimulus because we obviously have ZERO faith in the average American's intelligence to take care of day to day business...is simply an outright insult to each and every one of us here in this country (including the more well off)...no matter how you look at it!:eek: (the first two scenarios above and 1/2 of the 3rd not 'stimulating' a darn thing).

When it costs us $34 million to send out one letter outright pleading for people to finally file a tax return so that we can 'rebate' tax money to them that they haven't even sent in to begin with....we've got a problem. :sigh:

Last edited:

BrighTor

Newly Enlightened
I don't know how you'd classify the usage of ours...we had to go on a trip to be in a friend's wedding and bought the tickets/hotel/car rental using our $$, then replaced that money with the check. So...did we bolster savings with the check or go on our trip? :) Either way, it was nice to have. We knew the trip was coming and budgeted/saved for it, but having that money go back where it was was very nice.

imfrogman

Newly Enlightened
These are not tax rebates. How can you call it a rebate when up 40% of those receiving checks, did not pay a dime in taxes, & those who pay over 85% of all taxes did not receive a thing. I just wish they would call it what it really is, income redistribution.

If a tax rebate is supposed to stimulate the economy...why do we have to make the entire process such a vile commentary on human intelligence?

Common sense tells us that anybody with even a smidgen of debt receiving this money under no constraints whatsoever...does what with it?

And if you're not in debt...yet 'somehow' notice that the cost of everything around you is rising at minimum the amount of said check for your current budget year...what do you do with that money?

I'm just as happy as humanly possible for the guy or gal that falls into neither of the above categories in terms of not worrying about what costs what on a daily basis. Many people in this category have others relying on them to make sound financial decisions and they are obviously the folks that this rebate is aimed at (1/2 may simply put it in the bank because they don't need it or anticipate further costs; the other 1/2 may spend it all on one dinner...it doesn't matter).

Yet to bypass the poor and middle class statistical figures in this country and pitch this nonsense as a stimulus because we obviously have ZERO faith in the average American's intelligence to take care of day to day business...is simply an outright insult to each and every one of us here in this country (including the more well off)...no matter how you look at it!:eek: (the first two scenarios above and 1/2 of the 3rd not 'stimulating' a darn thing).

When it costs us $34 million to send out one letter outright pleading for people to finally file a tax return so that we can 'rebate' tax money to them that they haven't even sent in to begin with....we've got a problem. :sigh:

Latest posts