Terralux Ministar-2 damage during install help

mokona2

Enlightened
I just swapped this bulb replacement into a spare minimag and accidentally chipped a bit of glass (not sure) off the LED head as I was screwing the replacement reflector and bezel back on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Seems the off-centered reflector rubbed against the LED head /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif The LED still lights, but should I be worried about long term damage?

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't worry about it, unless it messes up the beam. A nick on the emitter can happen pretty easily. .

mokona2

Enlightened
*Whew* Thanks for the tip ACMarina. For the increased brightness I hoped I didn't totally ruin the LED, which was one of my first drop-in bulb replacement mods.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might consider using the Future Floor Polish repair. Emitter scratch repair is only a kitchen away. The link to the thread is HERE.

mokona2

Enlightened
Hmm.. haveblue, isn't the Ministar-2 a side-emitter? The LED head looks like a flat head screw and one edge is scraped off. For the distances I tested the minimag, I didn't notice any distortion in the beam shape.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh well, then try using Future with a paint brush or at toothpick. You'd be surprised what Future will do.