Teslas quit charging in cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
In order for a society to work and thrive, the individuals must have concern for all of those involved, not just themselves. Each person looking out solely for himself is not sustainable.
Like, sure we all want lower taxes, but at the same time like to complain when the roads suck and our trash pickup is late. Can't have both. Yeah, I complain every quarterly check I write (self employed); but just because I know there are many making ten times what I do who pay piddly s**t comparatively.
Government has to legislate in order to make this stuff work. Same goes for making sure we all have clean water/air etc.
You can want the best for yourself, but you should want the best for others too.
There's a whole lot of cognitive dissonance in this thread.
You ignoring human factor, when a person is forced to make too many sacrifices, and forced decisions, yet his quality of live declines, he sees no reason to put "greater good" in front of his own well being. especially when concepts and idea that are claimed to be for "greater good" are false and serve very few, while putting majority at disadvantage. and why should he? This is not politics, simple common sence sociology.

mrfixitman

Enlightened
just becuase we all dont agrre that dont mean we are angry with each other.

ps i understand what mr fix it is say when i charge my ebikes it takes me 10 second of work. i just plug it in then go on with my day . it charges on its own. its parked
As far as I am concerned this is an argument. I am not mad. I just want everyone to know the success I have had with some of my methods. Like discovering 4-24 volt drop in flashlight bulbs and 50¢ 26650 rechargeable batteries that can increase voltage. You can update a flashlight for 7 dollars. EVs are no different. Just a lot more expensive.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
See, you automatically see it as a sacrifice. Why? I'm not saying forced decisions. The legislators we vote in, supposed "public servants ", create guidelines and parameters (laws) within which individuals make choices. Those who make the outlying choices are breaking the law.
It can't be a free for all, doesn't work. Your individual decisions do affect others.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
See, you automatically see it as a sacrifice. Why?
Because it absolutely is, Ev is not practical for me, i do not want it. it would be huge inconvenience to say the least. Now tell me why i should make such a sacrifice, just leave the greater good garbage out of it.
I do not see how my driving ice car affects you, but i clearly see how your decision to force me to give it up affects me, so yea your decision affects others too. why is your decision about my life is more important than my decision about my life.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
you and some others online are my only socail interaction. so you all mean a lot to me. im the world shyiest human offline...

mrfixitman

Enlightened
Because it absolutely is, Ev is not practical for me, i do not want it. it would be huge inconvenience to say the least. Now tell me why i should make such a sacrifice, just leave the greater good garbage out of it.
I do not see how my driving ice car affects you, but i clearly see how your decision to force me to give it up affects me, so yea your decision affects others too. why is your decision about my life is more important than my decision about my life.
Your driving an ICE poison's you and everyone around you. That is the problem. Driving an EV is no different than any other car. You simply don't know how to operate it and thus have fear. I have owned EVs for decades. Ones I built that were limited and then the Leaf with 84 and 107 mile ranges. Now Teslas. III and Y. The Teslas offer no penalty driving. We can take trips across country. When we stop to charge we do things like eat. Restrooms. Stretch legs. Things you do anyway. I would like to hear why you can't use these simple yet valuable transportation tools, that have lower cost of ownership. My wife takes the trips. I never have. I have been driving Tesla for a year and a half. Haven't used a Supercharger yet. Never had to go that far. 200 at the most.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
More fear!
Stop already, you're like a broken clock, only right twice a day, and accidental both times.
...nobody wants to change
Stupid narcissistic trope always used to make the speaker claim superiority over all the "nobodies" in the world.
poisoning the world.
More gaslighting, as expected.
Am I a tree hugging leftie or simply a cheapskate who got by?
It doesn't matter if you're one of the two, or something else altogether. What does matter in the case of this thread is that you're definitely a know-it-all who doesn't, and a narcissist would be dictator.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
How is truth trolling? You just can't handle the truth. It takes me 10 seconds to fuel.
You can't tell the truth, and can't recognize it in other's posts either.

Taking you 10 seconds to charge your car is something worse than anything you claim is being pushed by big oil. Your 10 seconds to connect and disconnect has little to do with charging other than preparation and finish. Stop lying deliberately and change your 10 second rhetoric to how many hours it takes before the car can leave with a full charge.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Yes we do. You cannot murder.
Stupidest comeback ever! He says "you have zero right to make any choice for anyone else" and you actually put murder under the right to choice!! Wow, so dense with zero comprehension, or desire to.
Cut all subsidies. Let the market decide.
Yes, cut all subsidies, across the board, take away government mandates and you'll see you electric car reality shrink to those who it makes sense for, and those interested in it.
Let the market decide indeed, and stop with your insanity.
This is a warning to sell your stranded assets.
More FUD from the guy who claims to disagree with it...except when he's the only one doing it.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Your driving an ICE poison's you and everyone around you. Driving an EV is no different...
There's more accidental truth in this than 98% of everything else you've posted. If you really believe that our cars are poisoning the planet then you've got to start walking a get rid of your electric vehicles too. But you won't, because you're a selfish hypocrite who can't see the forest for the trees.

ItnStln

Newly Enlightened
How is truth trolling? You just can't handle the truth. It takes me 10 seconds to fuel. In the comfort of my home. How much time, from the time you've realized you need gas, does it take? How much does it cost? Electricity costs 12¢ in Colorado to 42¢ a kwh in Hawaii. The EPA has rated the Rivian R1T models with the quad-motor setup for 74 MPGe city, 66 MPGe highway, and 70 MPGe combined. For the F-150 Lightning, EPA gives the Standard-Range models 76 MPGe city and 61 MPGe highway and the more efficient Extended-Range models at 78 MPGe city and 63 MPGe highway.
EVDB Real Range Cybertruck
CO2 Emissions0 g/km
Vehicle Fuel Equivalent *97 mpg
Model Y Tesla 120 mpge.
Model III 130 MP
Vehicle types considered
12024 Hyundai Ioniq 6 Long range RWD (18 inch Wheels) Automatic (A1) EV153/127
22024 Lucid Air Pure RWD with 19 inch wheels Automatic (A1) EV140/134
32024 Hyundai Ioniq 6 Standard Range RWD Automatic (A1) EV151/120
42024 Lucid Air Pure RWD with 20 inch wheels Automatic (A1) EV
It is a simple math problem. Best case. You drive a Hyundai. In Colorado. 12¢ a kwh 120 miles costs $3.12. In Hawaii 42¢ slightly different math problem.

Let's say you drive a hybrid. 50 mpg that's 2 2/5 gallons. Not hard to do the math. Money wise. It would seem to suck. These are the facts. This is why electric and batteries will win. It is much cheaper cost of ownership. Bottom line. Okay, now I rub it in. to go 115 miles in a Ford Lightning is $5.88. Ford diesel 5 gallons at $3.48 . Burn. Or change. Some people didn't do the math.
134/126
Cost of ownership. Not politics. Not to mention every treehugger wants to give you a free charge. Not to mention the free charges I get at work..damn..do I have to pay tax on that? Now I'm trolling.
You are trolling because if you charge overnight it doesn't take 10 seconds.
No, that "free charging" you are talking about is being subsidized by those of us who don't drive EVS. You should be taxed on it.

mrfixitman

Enlightened
I can't tell if you're trolling or advocating for terrorism.
You guys are so threatened by my truth. When I give you solid numbers as to why electric is cheaper you ignore it. All this is easily Googled. Do your own research before it's too late. You will have stranded assets too expensive to run or fuel unavailable.

mrfixitman

Enlightened
Stupidest comeback ever! He says "you have zero right to make any choice for anyone else" and you actually put murder under the right to choice!! Wow, so dense with zero comprehension, or desire to.

Yes, cut all subsidies, across the board, take away government mandates and you'll see you electric car reality shrink to those who it makes sense for, and those interested in it.
Let the market decide indeed, and stop with your insanity.

More FUD from the guy who claims to disagree with it...except when he's the only one doing it.
5 trillion would cut the debt quite a bit. https://www.tbsnews.net/analysis/can-we-say-no-fuel-subsidies-357604

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Stop subsidies? Ok stop subsidizing solar too.... oh wait, no we can't do that. It's for the children.

The link in #317 fails to mention how much tax revenue is generated by profit of those sales of fossil fuels. By the income tax of the businesses that sell the products. By the people who earn a living selling those products. If fossil fuels were stopped tomorrow the amount of tax revenue generated would suddenly be gone. And that would lead to global economic catastrophe. It's not as simple as some think it is.

Factories closed. Goods no longer delivered. Farmers unable to produce crops. I could go on and on. Maybe mr fitix man could magically make all that change in the ten seconds it takes his car to charge? I seriously doubt it.

The idea of weening the world off of fossil fuels is sound but the boat is so big it can't just happen with the stroke of a pen by some politicians. Nope. That's just a few people excersizing their tyranical muscles while they themselves do not abide by their own rules.

Last edited:

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because it absolutely is, Ev is not practical for me, i do not want it.
I'm not speaking of ice cars specifically, although in this thread, I probably should be. It's the general attitude of they're not going to tell me what to do.
I remember the same bit about incandescent light bulbs. I was working for a guy who railed about it for months and even bought cases of bulbs for his home. A year later he was telling me how great the led bulbs are and how much money it saves him.
I know that ice vehicles don't work for everyone at this point, specifically as our charging network is crap. Those living in apartments and condos can't always charge overnight, and some have too long a commute to make it practical. Myself, I need a small van for work and nothing is available to fill that yet.
Government policies have helped to keep us in internal combustion, and they'll be needed to help get us out, some kicking and screaming.
I am a car guy through and through, always have been. I've been a tech and a service writer. I work on my own stuff, attend races, and can be found planted in front of a screen on weekends when is good race is running. I even took my son to the ring last summer and got a hot lap (in an EV actually). But we've got to make changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.