EV charging cables cut by copper "recyclers"

raggie33

*the raggedier*
are dominos use e cars whats crazy they have 3 of them but only one charger they must get decent range i forgot to ask wwhat make they was but there not a tesla and pretty small

Monocrom

Flashaholic
are dominos use e cars whats crazy they have 3 of them but only one charger they must get decent range i forgot to ask wwhat make they was but there not a tesla and pretty small
Sadly, maybe they're just not busy with customer orders.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i see them around a lot. guy said it was peppy ill check my door bell footage to see if i can tell waht car it was

mrfixitman

Enlightened
Chevy Bolt EV

Domino's official delivery fleet vehicle is the 2023 Chevy Bolt EV.

Domino's EV Fleet | Electric Vehicle Food Delivery

1713771080364.png
Domino's
https://www.dominos.com › evfleet

mrfixitman

Enlightened
Mr FixItMan your responses are so polarized and borderline condescending it makes me suspect your on purpose trolling as either trying win at all costs an argument regardless of other people views (you don't change opinions disrespecting others), or your looking for argument bait. Your really hurting your position (if you care), and that's coming from someone who has found EVs quite useful in my personal life (though I don't think they are ready for people who can't charge at home IMO).

As for my personal reasons (which may or may not align with others goals)
I went to a inexpensive electric car to save money. But I also made the jump because I don't like where oil costs are going, and want more cost control if there was another embargo on the US or war. We passed "peak oil" in 2006 (you can look it up if you don't know). From my view means until we switch to more renewable power sources oil based gasoline (domestic and foreign) and grid electric are going to keep doubling in price faster and faster as the years go on. This cost in gas has NOTHING to do with whoever you put into office. Oil is getting more expensive because the easy to get oil/gas is getting rare. Gas will likely be at $10+/gallon in perhaps 5-10 years as world consumption grows. It's cost is only lower in the US because of our record government subsidies on gas/oil. But how long can that go on for running a government in deficit? Me, not sure, and don't want to find out. So I've been DIY switching my farm home to offgrid on the cheap (new surplus panels) and getting off this OPEC price roller coaster. But I've always has a prepper self reliant attitude most of my life. When prices skyrocket or someone bombs a power station because their political candidate didn't win, I'll be growing my crops tip my hat and say to my family, "Better to be prepared than not...."

As far as my EV use I live on a farm in NE Pennsylvania up on lake Erie. We get a LOT of snow and cold here. I do a lot of rural driving to shop/work and wanted a car that would last a long time. Bought a 2017 Bolt Premier EV with 35k miles for $16k a few years back and for us it's the best car we ever owned. It has a 200-300 mi range (winter/summer), and most days is a long trip/compute. So it's saves us a lot of money on gas/maintenance. Handles the snow fine. It's now at 100k+ miles and battery is just under 3% battery degradation, and no rust. Should get 500k miles out of this car easy saving me a LOT of money! EVs can work quite well if you can utilize their advantages by charging at home. I don't think they are for most everyone yet until batteries can reach a reliable 500 miles IMO. Despite the massive and often false bad press on some EV (Toyota is offering news companies advertising $$ for bad press (though some IS warranted) if I had to guess myself I would suspect in the next 10-20 years, about 1/3 to 1/2 cars will be EVs. If all subsidies on cars (ICE oil subsidies which dwarf EV subsidies) were removed I think the transition would be faster?

Just my 2 cents. It's your money so choose whatever you feel is right for you!
I couldn't agree with you more. My bedside manner is matter of fact. I don't tolerate ignorance well. You must drive your car slow and easy. That's how I drove my Leaf and got 5 miles per kilowatt hour. Now I have Teslas and drive them like a gas car. Your Bolt can do very well. I drove one for work(selling EV charging stations for free) If it wasn't for the slow 50kw fast charging the Bolt would be a winner. It's not so much the range of electric cars, it's the charging time. If they only went 100 miles at a time and charged in 5 minutes you would have a winner.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im old now i no longer wanna go fast i do like the abilty to acerate out of danger. grrr spell check do ya dang job

Monocrom

Flashaholic
btw the range id need is 125 miles so i like the bolt so far maybe if i hit lotto
You'd have to have a charging station installed at your house. So, more expense. Currently the cheapest new car available in America is the Nissan versa S (base) model. Just under $17K for one with a manual. The CVT equipped S is going to be under $20K. There's also the base model Mitsubishi Mirage. 2nd cheapest but usually heavily discounted by Mitsubishi dealers who want those things off of their lots. To the point of being slightly cheaper than an S Versa. Regular gasoline-powered vehicles. Dealers will bend over backwards to get potential customers financing for those two models. They hate it when those models take up precious real estate on their dealer lots.

mrfixitman

Enlightened
You'd have to have a charging station installed at your house. So, more expense. Currently the cheapest new car available in America is the Nissan versa S (base) model. Just under $17K for one with a manual. The CVT equipped S is going to be under $20K. There's also the base model Mitsubishi Mirage. 2nd cheapest but usually heavily discounted by Mitsubishi dealers who want those things off of their lots. To the point of being slightly cheaper than an S Versa. Regular gasoline-powered vehicles. Dealers will bend over backwards to get potential customers financing for those two models. They hate it when those models take up precious real estate on their dealer lots.
A charging station starts with the same socket you plug your phone into to the same one you plug your electric dryer into. Every EV sold comes with a simple charging cord, except Tesla which charges $220 for a portable, which is level 1 and 2. That is as good as any "charging station" except some have higher KW rating for a slightly faster charging speed. BTW those dealers trying to sell those cheap gas cars are hamstringing everyone who bites with a stranded asset. You are better off buying some sort of electric vehicle to hedge your transportation needs, however that's a financial decision.

Last edited: