• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The HDSRB Project

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Preorder is closed! Time to order the reflectors.

If anyone is curious about how the reflectors are made, it's a fascinating process. I found this interesting paper on the electroforming method used.

https://garelectroforming.com/downloads/A_Better_Way_to_Make_Optical_Reflectors.pdf

In electroforming, the metal can be grown as thick as the customer wants. In the industry, the model on which the metal is built is called a mandrel. The mandrel is typically removed after the completion of the plating process. The mandrel is made from conductive and nonconductive area's. The metal will only deposit on the conductive area's. The metal can easily be removed from the mandrel. The result is an autonomous product with holes, slots or any shape you prefer

Last edited:

K-T

*Moderator*
damn - too slow. That was quick and I realy wanted one. :mecry: If anybody has ordered more than one and is willing to share - this would be great. :popcorn::candle:

Last edited:

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The HDSRB Project - PREORDER LIVE

I had a couple extra made so it's likely there will be some avilable when the production is complete. If theres a sustained demand and the machinist is willing I have no problem making more.

nmiller

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The HDSRB Project - PREORDER LIVE

Luckily I got one. However, if I like it as much as I think I will I'd order a second. I think you will have the demand for another run or two.

Latest posts