The Light I'd Really Like to See in 2004 is....

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Re: The Light I\'d Really Like to See in 2004 is...

What?? Dollar Tree has L4's!!! Wow!! Ah, how I love those cheap thrills. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

symes

Enlightened

SF M12..... M6 with double the length and wired for 4x9v, 1W (<3 lumn) and 5W (L4 style) buried in the reflector and duly regulated. Some indestructible yet intelligent, tactically correct switching then I have everything in one light...oh, and did I mention the option to switch out the head entirely for a HID Arc.....

hby

Newly Enlightened

Brightness is enough with the LuxIII level for me. it may be better more light out with lower power consumption though.
Only matter right now is runtime with handy small space...that is battery.
I'm watching for the fuel battery be on production stage.
As wellknown, the fuel battry is more ecological than the chemical batteries, and the fuel batteries are already shown as the PC power source on the many events.

We may not be able to see the fuel battery flashlight on 2004 but maybe on 2005 or 2006...

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

Interesting thought hby,
A fuel cell Arc AAA with one of those 80mA 4V 8mm white LEDs sure would be a handy, bright and long lasting light.

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast

Fuel cell with a 600 watt aircraft landing light. Ecological, yet bright.

DrJ

Enlightened

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would like to see a 1watt/3watt luxeon to truely reach the same luminous ouput of a 5watt luxeon. For example, i wish a new 3watt luxeon would output the same amount of light as a 5 watt Surefire L4 running at the same current.

This would mean an increase in efficiency and heat management for the 1watt and 3watt luxeon platforms. Can you imagine it? The brightness we want and the THROW we want from a single LED source. Many people wish that the Surefire L4 had better throw...well, a more efficient, single-die, luxeon would do the trick.

If this advancement isn't possible soon. I would at least like to see a multi-level ouput Surefire L4, like the Surefire Aviator but with a 5watt LED. In fact...this might be close to a reality becuase of Arc's development of the Arc5. I have a feeling like we will be seeing more highpowered, multi-level LED lights in 2004. Whenever Peter Gransee releases a flashlight...the market seems to follow with something similar.