The new Jetbeam Jet-I PRO v3.0 (now with runtime graphs)

wapkil

Enlightened
Re: The new Jetbeam Jet-I PRO v3.0

I hope the regulation holds up better than the new Rapture RRT 2. It also pushes 240 lumen but at a price. And this light will only have a 14500 750ma batt to work with rather than a 18650 2100ma batt. However this light could be adjust down a tad by the user...might improve things.

RRT 2 is the one with the time travel circuit?

Yes...tommorrow is today and today is the day that I said they would be here yesterday, in which they did in fact arrive today as promised!
Actually today is now yesterday. Yesterday was the "original" today

(from the MP thread :crackup:)

Well, it needs to consume some energy for these things, I believe. The Jet-I is only an old, simple IBS.

Seriously though, this circuit is only an incremental improvement. If they haven't broken anything important and slightly improved v2.0 I think I'll be satisfied.

wapkil

Enlightened

Any hope for a 2xAA tube,

for those of us running Eneloops ?

I don't know. Started from asking about something simpler - a diffuser and a red filter, but still no luck apparently.

Anybody knows accessories from another manufacturer that will fit the Jet-I?

StarHalo

Flashaholic

Hm, I wonder what sort of beam profile it'll have with the OP.. I still EDC the Jet Mk IBS because the PROs were too throw-y. Might have a winner if they move back to the useful everyday broad beam.

Go go gadget Selfbuilt..

jgraham15

Enlightened

Dammit Man!!!!!! My wallet can't keep taking this kind of abuse! :broke:

Pretty soon I am going to be living in a cardboard box. But I guess at least I will have a bunch of flashlights to trade for food! :ohgeez:

Really though this looks like another MUST HAVE flashlight. :thumbsup:

hazna

Enlightened

any specifications of dimensions? Bugoutgear's dimensions seem to be for v2 instead of v3

wapkil

Enlightened

any specifications of dimensions? Bugoutgear's dimensions seem to be for v2 instead of v3

I have only the information that that they should be almost identical to v2.

Abyssos

Newly Enlightened

Hopefully, someone soon will do a first impression/review with beam shots and runtime verification on this V3 version:poke:

I am interested in Q3-5A with OP reflector, but this is light pricey with my wants. I need some convincing...:nana:

Last edited:

hazna

Enlightened

its a little thicker than most other AA lights isn't it? bezel diameter of 25mm

wapkil

Enlightened

its a little thicker than most other AA lights isn't it? bezel diameter of 25mm

Its head has a ~5mm (at the end) larger diameter than the rest of the body to help with the throw. Many other lights are more cylindrical (i.e. the same diameter at the head and the tail).

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened

I don't know. Started from asking about something simpler - a diffuser and a red filter, but still no luck apparently.

Anybody knows accessories from another manufacturer that will fit the Jet-I?

The smaller sized filters from Surefire fit the Jet-I Pro series.

Hope that helps,
Flavio

HighLumens

Enlightened

Nice light! I think I'll follow this thread.. can't wait for runtimes and lumen ratings!

wapkil

Enlightened

Nice light! I think I'll follow this thread.. can't wait for runtimes and lumen ratings!

It turned out that I will have to wait a week for my Jet-I. I guess a few people will have it before me so I hope someone will post a review. I want to see an enthusiastic one, proving that I was right ordering the light :grin2:

sj29

Newly Enlightened

Do you guys think this light is too long(big) for edc.....I'm going from a very small fenix lod to the jet1v3...and I'm not sure I'll be happy with clipping this to my pocket on my cargo shorts.....I realize it will be bigger, but have not seen the light with someone holding it??
Seems like the d10's form factor is better( more hidden in the pocket).....but there not in stock and this new jetbeam looks too good...:thumbsup:

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast

I recently bought the JETBEAM Jet I-Pro IBS v. 1.2 at Deal EXtreme a month or so ago, great light and nice low low and decent runtime. So basically the V3.0 light just has a higher lumen output but the low low is the same 2 lumens and the same runtime at 2 lumens? Pretty sure every Jet I-Pro has been 50 hours on low since version 1.0

sj29

Newly Enlightened

Can't wait for the review.....when you guys get these lights:popcorn:

Bushman5

Enlightened

Do you guys think this light is too long(big) for edc.....I'm going from a very small fenix lod to the jet1v3...and I'm not sure I'll be happy with clipping this to my pocket on my cargo shorts.....I realize it will be bigger, but have not seen the light with someone holding it??
Seems like the d10's form factor is better( more hidden in the pocket).....but there not in stock and this new jetbeam looks too good...:thumbsup:

Heck no, its tiny, almost key chain sized. Then and again i'm used to carrying a Pelican 7060, a Surefire L2, a Surefire oudoorsman, Fenix TK11, and a Fenix TA30 every day.....:naughty: