The Official CPF Hot Sauce Thread!

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look for cajohns reaper sauce if you want heat and good flavor. It's delicious to me. Not insanely hot but enough to give you a kick.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I have mentioned the Fat Cat line of sauces a few times in here.... anyway, used this one today in a gril bag with chicken tender cutlets and it was absolutely delicious. If you've not tried these sauces and you want more flavor than kick go out and get it!!

Last edited:

nosuchagency

Newly Enlightened
made it through approximately 75% of a deli egg salad sandwich with 1 drop of ultimate per bite, but had to back off toward end. i can still feel it eating away at my stomach, lol.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
made it through approximately 75% of a deli egg salad sandwich with 1 drop of ultimate per bite, but had to back off toward end. i can still feel it eating away at my stomach, lol.

It's not a sauce to be taken lightly. That's for sure! Good luck with your later endeavors haha

nosuchagency

Newly Enlightened
yeah, thought crossed my mind that i was meddling with forces i may not completely understand, hence backing off. i actually stopped when stupid thoughts began occurring like if i finish this entire sandwich i achieve another feather in my cap... fortunately, left side of brain kicked in & shouted not to be a dumbazz. :ohgeez:

is that cajohns made in north carolina? i might try an off brand if it's made in u.s.

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got these two, good stuff
464d68de5c0eb8675b540d37e02fd8d0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

nosuchagency

Newly Enlightened
a week or so in and i can drizzle about this much ultimate insanity per bite several times, but still haven't been able to get through whole 4" samich...

i can pretty much drink scorp sauce at this point, rofl...

nosuchagency

Newly Enlightened
honestly, it's just not a very good standalone sauce. it also leaves a strong chili powderish after taste, which i'm definitely not a fan of. i think i'm sticking with his & tabasco scorp sauces.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep. It's mainly just to give heat to something being cooked. The flavor isn't great at all. If you want flavor and heat the regular insanity is a lot better.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
regular #9 on wheat.

Tried this today - now I see that the vinegar oil roughly halves the potency of any hot sauce you use, I could do several drops per bite of Marie which you would definitely not want to try with pizza or chili. I didn't try Scorpion on it, but I can see how it'd work there..

nosuchagency

Newly Enlightened
heh, no bacon, no oil (by the time i'd get home it'd have leaked through bag on to floor mat). but yeah, there's alot going on in samich that softens the blow a bit. shtf and i'm wheelbarrowing contents of my safe down street to the corner jersey mikes and riding it out, rofl.

nbp

Flashaholic
My fam loves spicy stuff so I grew up eating hot salsas and sauces. I like to experiment when I'm out to eat but I don't buy a lot of exotic sauces personally as I'm the only one in the house and it takes too long to consume bottles of odd stuff. So I use a lot of the standard grocery store options like Franks, sriracha, Cholula. One thing I always keep on hand for tex-mex foods like fajitas and nachos is actually the bottled Taco Bell brand Diablo sauce. It's got decent heat but actually a pretty solid flavor profile for something marketed by a fast food restaurant!

nbp

Flashaholic
My buddy got me this sauce from a local saucemaker in Milwaukee. This one is made from orange habanero and peach. It's got some fruitiness but packs a punch. I actually like it on pizza. We gotta figure out if they are still in business, I'd like to try some more from them.
IMG_5817_zpsq9r5ylr3.jpg

Latest posts