The Official CPF Hot Sauce Thread!

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh man I love those little guys. I first tried those at a steak and shake years ago and the trappeys are one of the best versions of it. The okra is spot on too! Glad you reminded me of those I shall pick up a jar tomorrow. I'm seeing a back surgeon in two weeks unfortunately and I'll need some snacks if they decide to slice on me this time.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
More of my favorites.

rZDImY4X9smxGHgPgVclBJBCyclsZH_ukwGJ4yw9o2YML6RCHvsG6W_4nphY_DnoqAOBxsxsYa1WnbnoF9lwcJ4Et_8R2iY0DSbN07gVwKAJMsLFvG3G_ZTfy7erJW9Qq3P255hOqr9hcsJBq2EyTY8vQ19DirUUsX9o1Prm5Xv8LoNGaLemf2QsL7IrSbn5eKzLuL8t4_ghEdknu3pLW87F78C3lY_Tko7DwGi16lAlzmKY6BpchM7UdxOWlLw8HALxrVDCOLr55djBuJR8Waf6N9TbIrFF4caAUO1IOYABXeUQ2PthWkdH-uF7kFCgD31-ub1btO7mg_4dU1vu8JmwdlaklQnv0vpW9tJVxS98UA6q1yNMbMgwvN4Pn8eaz5ZI0b9ioKplH39uZ9-O31ydqYJz3rPJrGB_VbljHdwu42caCk_yOmPlxS6xh5AD7cjFYNHpOKLnk-T60NIwixbtDLIFRZSlys90MWwgp3F-srxZe8AowZsb47PJSQN7CE_-f1-toin2-tU736tjsZnbZb0_97X1Om-kiIEafhpFAU6IHHID6pBEJCDuQrved6gYsfUc7oHvaLNmyDmq0aCE__spNhVo-g5maf9vHINF9gpVKor2HbxKBCJQgcSlV5xlhu06ruDpRtnmcU9Y8AgiC6jpsfrnFUOvSMudNC6m7cv4lsSpHHg9=w1250-h937-no

Last edited:

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Promised to put up some pics a little while back.

Grabbed some random stuff from the fridge, and pantry. Some opened, some not. There are 12 other bottles in the house not shown here.
hs1.JPG

The "Pizza Hot" is made by the son-in-law of a friend. This is his Yellow Trinidad Scorpion version that I transferred to his regular Habanero container because it has a better magnet to stick to the fridge. I very much enjoy both products.

But, the REAL focus here is the Dave's Smoked Habanero Powder. I just LOVE this stuff! I bought a jar of this in the late 90's before it was bought by Dave's. I think the company was called "Chile Today, Hot Tamale"... lol. Used sparingly, it took me many years to finish it. When I went to look for more, I discovered that in all that time, not only did Dave's buy the company, made it for a while, then ceased production, and was not available anywehere. NNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I found an awesome company in PA (the Pennsylvania Macaroni Company) that had six bottles left. I bought them all. After almost 4 years, I'm about 3/4 done with the first one. No, they are not for sale... lol.
hs2.JPG

A bottle of Bumblef**ked given to me by long time friend Ron Thal a.k.a. "Bumblefoot". Through two different eras of his sauce offerings, this one has remained a constant, and is his hottest. Ron has always been a foodie, and places a high priority on good flavor and taste. MANY super-hot sauces taste terrible. Ron would never allow that. This is one of my all-time favorites.
hs3.JPG

Speaking of favorites... if there was only one guitarist I could listen to while stranded on a desert island, it would be Ron. Known him for 30 years now (hard to believe). When I first heard him, plus found out he lived reasonably close, I just had to make contact. Very different than everyone else, he instantly stood out. Total guitar genius, great guy, and super funny. After many years of hard work, he is now famous all around the world, and also did a long stint as lead guitar for Guns N Roses, which doesn't even scratch the surface of what he's capable of. His latest project "Sons of Apollo" starts to give a clue. Check him out, especially his earlier stuff. Just fantastic songwriting, and absolutely mind blowing guitar.

Oh, and buy his hot sauce!
hs4.JPG

This picture is about 5 years old. I really miss the Datil-do-it company. They made some of the best tasting sauces.
hs5.JPG

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
But, the REAL focus here is the Dave's Smoked Habanero Powder. I just LOVE this stuff! I bought a jar of this in the late 90's before it was bought by Dave's. I think the company was called "Chile Today, Hot Tamale"... lol. Used sparingly, it took me many years to finish it. When I went to look for more, I discovered that in all that time, not only did Dave's buy the company, made it for a while, then ceased production, and was not available anywehere. NNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Lol, and that's of course where my eyes went instantly on viewing the image; ah well, at least we know we have good taste..

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahhh man! Smoked Habanero powder. You know you want to sell me one :) That stinks!

When I make smoked turkey chili I smoke the habaneros and the flavor is awesome! I have quite a few Dave's products.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone remember Tabasco brand "Smoked Tabasco"? Soooo tasty, but hasn't been around for years now.

Figures, as it was one of my favorites. Happens all the time. The best stuff always disappears. Don't even get me started on Buitoni's Instant Pizza!

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just wanted to check in and say that my shelf at work is now up to 75 bottles. I'm off for a few days but there will be some added soon. Hot sauce makes me happy, I may have to order some to test out.

Saw this in a local dollar tree store before the pandemic hit and figured I'd give it a go. Had absolutely no flavor, a weird consistency, no heat. Do not recommend this at all. I felt robbed and I only spent a buck on it.

ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1585286063.077064.jpg

Last edited: