The Official Zebralight Thread .

Auringonvalo

Newly Enlightened
I'm planning to buy a backup flashlight because SC600Fd Mk3 is the only good light I have. Maybe getting Mk4 to get good flood with good colors. Is there any issues compared Mk3? Zebralight is not planning to release "Sc600Fd Mk5"? Any other light with similar flood, colors but can produce more lumens? I think SC600Fd is a bit too compact, could be somewhat bigger for another battery and better cooling probably. Astrolux MF01 was an option, but no one sells them in EU, so custom fees can make it quite expensive and heard about quality issues and how banggood might have poor customer service for warranty.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm planning to buy a backup flashlight because SC600Fd Mk3 is the only good light I have. Maybe getting Mk4 to get good flood with good colors. Is there any issues compared Mk3? Zebralight is not planning to release "Sc600Fd Mk5"? Any other light with similar flood, colors but can produce more lumens? I think SC600Fd is a bit too compact, could be somewhat bigger for another battery and better cooling probably.

Sounds like you should wait for the SC700d, which Zebralight will probably release sometime in the next couple of months.

Bob_McBob

Enlightened
Here's a photo of the H600w Mk IV opened up from Redditor Aeskau. It seems Zebralight have switched to the integrated driver design for all models including non-mule headlamps, which severely limits emitter swap options. There won't be a 144A or E21A ZL headlamp mod. On the plus side the H600Fx models look pretty good to begin with. If high CRI XHP35s in tints above 3000K ever show up they would be an option for the regular models.

ZdHpoEH.jpg

Zak

Enlightened
Here's a photo of the H600w Mk IV opened up from Redditor Aeskau. It seems Zebralight have switched to the integrated driver design for all models including non-mule headlamps, which severely limits emitter swap options. There won't be a 144A or E21A ZL headlamp mod. On the plus side the H600Fx models look pretty good to begin with. If high CRI XHP35s in tints above 3000K ever show up they would be an option for the regular models.

Is 5700K better? Arrow has the XHP35A-00-0000-0D0UC40E2 in single quantities.

agent8698

Newly Enlightened
My last post was 4 years ago, when I purchased a Zebralight H600W Mark II Neutral White from Brightguy.com for $89. It's a headlamp, but I never use it that way, I use it as a general purpose flashlight. It's been great. See 30-second video demonstration on my Google Drive. I was driving at night, came across some deer, turned on the Zerbralight, held it out the window, if you didn't know, you would think it's a police searchlight: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ul7ZhPzWalArJqZ8dd_oq7m_fzW6_bId

ven

Flashaholic
Very cool agent, i have (i think anyway) the same light except frosted(H600Fw).......................its actually my fav body out of all the ZL mk's

Tm98ZMAl.jpg

markr6

Flashaholic
SC64w HI just added to the sheet!

The Econ headlamps have been removed, no surprise to me.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Econ headlamps have been removed, no surprise to me.

...and yet the C3 was not. I'm trying not to read too much into that, but if it was dead, vaporware, I'd think they would have removed it today as well. They were obviously cleaning up the sheet, so why wouldn't they?

I'm probably reading too much into that. :)

Bob_McBob

Enlightened
I am skeptical about whether the H600c and d IV will look decent without the frosted glass. It hides a multitude of XHP50.2 sins.

markr6

Flashaholic
...and yet the C3 was not. I'm trying not to read too much into that, but if it was dead, vaporware, I'd think they would have removed it today as well. They were obviously cleaning up the sheet, so why wouldn't they?

I'm probably reading too much into that. :)

Yes, I'm still hopeful! Regarding the SC64w HI, I wonder if it will be worthwhile since I already have the SC600w HI. Without a larger reflector, it would probably be a waste for me to have all 3. Well, not really, but need to save some cash for the SC700!

likethevegetable

Enlightened
119 USD = 155 CAD for the SC700d, + shipping and new 2170 cells, ouch.

I'll defer from pre-ordering and have to see the beam (with DC-fix too) and read some reviews before taking the plunge (half-heartedly hoping for a flaw so I don't feel compelled to buy this..) :popcorn:

The H503w would be nice to have. Already have the H53c and H53Fc though... And a lot of latex finger cots for diffusion lol

Last edited:

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
SC64w HI just added to the sheet!

I am going to order a SC64w soon. I wonder if it's worth waiting for the SC64w HI? Since I already have the 600w HI, maybe not? Though, I really really like the tint of the 600w HI. It would be great to have that tint in a smaller format. But the smaller hotspot makes the HI less useful as an EDC. Decisions, decisions...

NPL

Enlightened
SC64w HI looks like a nice addition with good tint. If you only have one zebra edc, looks like the best option. If you already have an sc600w HI, looks redundant. SC64w is probably a better companion to sc600wHI.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
SC64w HI looks like a nice addition with good tint. If you only have one zebra edc, looks like the best option. If you already have an sc600w HI, looks redundant. SC64w is probably a better companion to sc600wHI.

Yeah, I think you're right. I have the 600w HI for throw, the 600w Plus for flood, so a regular beam profile (similar to my AA Zebras) would be a better fit.

Enlightened
It looks like I'll be waiting another year for a 5000K EDC from them. I wish ZL would simplify their CCT offerings and just go with 4000K, 5000K, 5700K and drop 4500K.

Latest posts