The Quark lights thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

litetube

Enlightened
Sounds defective. I would send it back , The good thing is 4-sevens will take care of you .

Do you all think these lights are checked by 4-7s before shipping out ? Or are the specs given to the manufacturer and it stops there. In other words other than instructions to make the driver a certain way,use specific type of alum.,use these tailcap switches and boots,cut the threads like this...4-sevens is actually just the retailer on these like other brands? Not necessarily a bad thing , just wondering. Dry threads and orings is a detail that like a nice box adds another level to a product geared towards flashaholics.

Last edited:

wapkil

Enlightened
Okay, I've received my Q123 and tried it out and what am I missing here? My light only has Max and Strobe. There is nothing to loosen to drop into the other 5 missing modes -- moonlight, low, med, high, SOS, beacon.

[...]

Any suggestions on what to try next?

If I understand correctly,

EDIT: never mind - it turns out that I misunderstood the problem.

Last edited:

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
loosen the head like a fenix , it seems tight and glued but it will twist, needs to get broken in

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
i found a weird quark on the quark :thinking::laughing:

update with video

in cigar grip
if i use my thumb normal or at thumbtip/fingertip to click on ,off, on, off it changes levels , if i use my thumb at the joint it doesnt change levels

my thumb hurts ,the clicky is tuff

google image of thumb with explanation

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
The bezel is glued to the head with some loctite or whatever. I was able to get mine off, but it took some elbow grease. Once it's off you could remove the clip if you want. Probably easier to order one without the clip if you don't want it.

For the other guy having trouble with the UI, hold the head of the flashlight and grab the body, above the tailcap, and loosen it. It sounds like operator error and not a problem with the flashlight.

burntoshine

Enlightened
Hm... is that only when it was operated within the 30 seconds in higher modes or also when it was just used in lowlow mode ?

What i mean is if you turn it to lowlow shut off and back on within the 30 seconds flash time, will it flash ? Or does it only flash when you were in a higher mode before then low low....?

it doesn't seem to matter what mode i was in. if the flashlight was on within 30 seconds and i turn it back on, it will do that quick flash going into low low (moonmode). it's very consistent. if the flashlight's just sitting there and i pick it up and turn it on to low low it WON'T do it; but if i turn it off and wait for a few seconds (so it doesn't go into the next mode), then turn it back on, it WILL do the quick flash. i might never have noticed that unless you said something.

it doesn't bother me at all. it doesn't seem to be as bright as the fenix quick flash (going into low) and the quark won't do it when you grab the light when it's been sitting there; i think the fenix' do it everytime regardless.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
i found a weird quark on the quark :thinking::laughing:

update with video

in cigar grip

Editted: I read this wrong before. Hrm. Interesting. :) You seem to be clicking a little slower with the joint of your thumb. What if you click faster? Maybe your Quark resets back to low faster than it should. I'll see if I can repeat it with mine.

Last edited:

burntoshine

Enlightened
loosen the head like a fenix , it seems tight and glued but it will twist, needs to get broken in

yeah, both my tailcap and bezel were pretty tight when i first started messin with the flashlight.

i think the o-rings are just slightly larger than they need to be; or maybe i need some more lube; or both. my bezel was REALLY difficult to move at first. i think that's the problem tpchan is having. i'm sure the flashlight is fine.

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
just tried again loosen more like you said and still the same, its not an issue cuz it was a pain to click that way anyway so i wont be doing that anymore just gonna use the tips

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah, both my tailcap and bezel were pretty tight when i first started messin with the flashlight.

i think the o-rings are just slightly larger than they need to be; or maybe i need some more lube; or both. my bezel was REALLY difficult to move at first. i think that's the problem tpchan is having. i'm sure the flashlight is fine.

yeah i relubed mine now its a bit easier ...i almost whipped out the pliers to try and grip the ring to get the clip off ,at the very end it finally budged :) thank god i did not want to scratch it the first second i owned this beauty

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
That would be awesome to see these lights on retail store shelves. Would be cool way to get more people to sign onto CPF since there is a shout out to this site and all the flashaholics. The box is well done and in my mind it represents the first class nature of 4-7's.

The box is pretty cool, but maybe 4sevens will want to get these on store shelves in the future? If so the box will need to sell the flashlight to people who aren't familiar with them. We're already getting a heck of a light for the price, I don't think we need to complain about the box.

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Editted: I read this wrong before. Hrm. Interesting. :) You seem to be clicking a little slower with the joint of your thumb. What if you click faster? Maybe your Quark resets back to low faster than it should. I'll see if I can repeat it with mine.

does yours do the same, i tried going as fast as the tip but it just hurts to much and hard to do, i notice in the video my hand even jerks a little to click on off with the joint

i was seeing what ways to activate clicky which seemed easiest as its kinda stiff and thats when i realized this

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tried the clip in both directions and will prefer it off. What's the best way to remove this? Not sure if it pulls off or twists off. Looks like the slotted ring around the light near the clip comes off somehow?

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do you unscrew that ring it won't budge? I'm not wanting to use pliers which will scratch off the anodizing.

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
i had same issue it wouldnt budge and i almost took the pliers to it, try squeezing the ring "compressing it to oval a little" and twisting it off

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm having no luck even getting the o-ring off.

That ring is made out of metal how are you able to compress it to oval by using your fingers?

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
super strength :naughty: i think it was just also some sort of miracle cuz i was twisting and twisting and the second i reached for pliers i gave it 1 last shot and it moved , so when i tried getting a better grip i squeezed it and it was budging back and forth ... the o-ring i used a nail clippers file ,very carefully though not to cut it

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok I finally got it off. O-ring wouldn't roll off using my fingers, but I took a paper towel and it came off easily. The ring I took a strip of leather and it managed to loosen enough to twist off. The clip does just pull off once that retaining ring is moved. Thanks QIP for your tips for clip removal.

Status
Not open for further replies.