The Quark lights thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a chance to see them all tonight at the SE Get together and I like them. I really liked the AA model it was a really nice size. I was most impressed with the tactical lights which I couldn't buy yet. The programming is very simple I was taught it in about 20 seconds.

I like you can set it to any of the 8 modes, one to the tight head and one to the loose. I generally just use a medium or a turbo mode on my lights so this is perfect for me.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I`m surprised there are no complaints about the .20 lumen low. Sounds way to low.

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
the low low is what ive been wanting in my fenix lights + the knurling

everybody has complained about the fenix not having a low low now they have it

my only real complaint and its very minimal is the clicky could be less harder to click , gotta do some thumb excersizes :crackup:..after the initial click to turn on the first soft tap seems heavenly

im looking forward to this having the XPG later this year then i will get the whole Lego , 2 heads xpe/xpg with 1aa 2aa 1cr123 bodies caps

Last edited:

Yapo

Enlightened
0.2 lumens might not sound like much but in the dark( especially indoors with night adapted eyes) u'll be surprised how bright and useful it really is!

Ralls

Newly Enlightened
I`m surprised there are no complaints about the .20 lumen low. Sounds way to low.

That's one of the most appealing things about this light, IMO. Too many lights lack a true low low. It seems, though, that it is finally catching on as more and more light manufactures seem to be adopting this. The beauty of a low low is when your eyes are already night adapted, such as when you wake up in the middle of the night. Even then, .20 lumens can even seem bright when this is the case. My Ra Clicky goes down to .08 lumens and sometimes I wish it would go lower.

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
The loooow low is very appealing to me for late night, dark ambient conditions around the house or reading in bed without disturbing other sleepers... I have avoided most of Fenix (except LD01) due to their low not being nearly low enough for my liking. My LF2XT and LF3XT are among my most used lights at late night because of their very loooow low. 4Sevens was very smart to include a super looow low on their lights!

Last edited:

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
there goes the free duracell :) did a informal runtime via eye on Max

at about 35min i would say it started when i noticed it wasnt at max brightness

at about 40-45min went lower maybe near the 50% but it was still going pretty strong

at about 50min it went dim

not to shabby

-----
i really think the medium 18lm though should go way longer than advertised 6 hours ?

oldpal

Enlightened

Not for me. I have my Ra Clicky set at approximately this level for getting up at night. This low light level doesn't affect your night vision. It's plenty of light to see how to get around at night.

Hugh

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree about having a low low for getting up in the middle of the night. I find that even a MiniMag with a Niteize drop-in (the triple 5MM one), is WAY too bright for this task...even a cheapo fauxton is too bright.

You all will probably laugh at my nightstand/get up and pee in the middle of the night flashlight...it's an ROV Industrial 2AA, with a Niteize PR drop-in (the dim one), that I "frosted," by sanding it down to make it all flood, then I wrapped it with, of all things, red tissue paper (two layers), you know, the kind you stuff in the top of a gift bag to hide the gift. I'm guessing it puts out around 1 or 2 lumens out the front at most. And it even seems just a little bright with night adapted eyes! But it does work.

It's much easier to get back to sleep, when you haven't been blinded with a bright light (or even a pretty dim one), so I welcome the trend of low lows that's starting to become popular.

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Low low = one selling point of the Quark for me. I often use my photon freedom on low to navigate at night, it's just right. The Quark wont replace my photon freedom however :)

bewshy

Newly Enlightened
I received my Quark clipless single CR123 light on Saturday and this little light is great. One thing I noticed was that after maybe 5 - 10 minutes of total use on max the light level would drop and I would have to turn it off and back on. This was on the included 4Sevens battery and knock on wood hasn't happened yet with the Surefire and Battery Station cells I've been using. This wasn't continuous use either. So far this light is everything I need from an EDC light.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my Quark clipless single CR123 light on Saturday and this little light is great. One thing I noticed was that after maybe 5 - 10 minutes of total use on max the light level would drop and I would have to turn it off and back on. This was on the included 4Sevens battery and knock on wood hasn't happened yet with the Surefire and Battery Station cells I've been using. This wasn't continuous use either. So far this light is everything I need from an EDC light.

Was that a special request to have it clipless? I just ordered the 123 tube for my AA - not sure how that's going to work out with the clip use.

Status
Not open for further replies.