The SureFire 6PX/G2X Tactical and 6PX/G2X Pro Thread

bnemmie

Enlightened
"I picked up a G2X Pro at REI. It was $6 in the garage sale area - returned cause it wouldn't switch modes. I had pulled up Surefire's CS # and was ready to call when I thought I should check the batteries. 2.4 volts. 2 new 123's and it works great.
Only think I don't like is no clip or lanyard. Anyone attach a lanyard to it?"

KurtS-I ordered a TI clip from Prometheus
for mine and the clip easily allows me to attach a laynard to it as well. Smart design. That might work for you.

Last edited:

KurtS

Newly Enlightened
Good idea to attach it with a clip. Thanks!

But $25 or 30 for a clip is more than I want to spend.

Searching thru the thread:
Post 374 - Moddoo's SS Black Oxide Finish Clip fit on it.
Thought I read about another clip that someone put on it, but I can't find that post.

Something like this would be perfect if it's the right diameter: http://www.lighthound.com/Inox-Lanyard-Ring-for-Tiablo-A8-and-A9-flashlights_p_689.html
The G2X diameter is 22.3 mm. Hmm, the A9 uses 123's and the body diameter is 25.4 - that might be the right size. Anyone know for sure?

Btw, the cheapo way would be to find a small diameter cord and put a loop around the body and then tighten down the end cap, squeezing the cord in place.

Last edited:

Erzengel

Enlightened
The Solarforce Stainless Steel belt clip fits on the Fury, if You use an extra o ring. For $4.50 it is worth trying.

hnoppenberger

Newly Enlightened
Surefire's plastic sucks IMO. Mine broke in half after 2 years (g2l) of hard auto repair use, heat will make it brittle, and surefire will not warranty it. I used to live in fountain valley, so I can go to the HQ, and the head of the tech department as of 6 months ago was a MAJOR DB. Said that i intentionally broke this light and no one can put a light through this kind of abuse. I got the countless scars to show for being a mechanic, but those were not good enough for him. I like my executive defender, and may buy the newer 200 lumen version, but thats the most I will pay for a light. As much as I would like the invictus, im just not going there price wise.

pinetree89

Enlightened
So I noticed on Facebook SF is now advertising that the G2X and 6PX are now 320 lumens! It looks like their website is updated too.

Could this be an emitter upgrade? Can you get 320 "surefire lumens" out of an XP-E? Or did they go XP-G/XP-G2?

Very interesting.

Machete God

Enlightened
My first guess was XP-E2 to eliminate the need to change the reflector or anything else, but that would only offer a 20% increase in output without changing the drive levels and adversely affecting runtimes. SF are claiming a 60% increase with similar runtimes, so XP-G2 sounds right.

Raptor Factor

Newly Enlightened
And they said it had a comparatively wide beam so it would be a larger LED than the XP-E2 I think.

rotncore

Newly Enlightened
So I noticed on Facebook SF is now advertising that the G2X and 6PX are now 320 lumens! It looks like their website is updated too.

Could this be an emitter upgrade? Can you get 320 "surefire lumens" out of an XP-E? Or did they go XP-G/XP-G2?

Very interesting.

I think this is an emitter upgrade. One of the better dealers in Canada is blowing out old stock, likely for the new inventory. Usually does that when new stuff is coming.

Up All Night

Enlightened
I think this is an emitter upgrade. One of the better dealers in Canada is blowing out old stock, likely for the new inventory. Usually does that when new stuff is coming.

I'm thinking of grabbing a green and a tan G2X PRO. Wish these guys were in the GTA, or at least offer free shipping. When I hear "wide beam" I fear Surefire is going to screw-up a light that has a decent profile already.
.....On second thought, maybe it's a good thing they're not in the GTA, I like the stuff they carry way too much!!

luisugueto90

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I just bought a Green G2X Pro, itll arrive on sunday. It's been a while since Ive had a surefire light, and judging by the previous stuff we owned, Im sure its gonna be awesome.

Now my question, why is the 6PX that much popular? Does the aluminum body make that much of a difference?

I've worked with nytrolon and such polymers before and Ive gotta say their ******* tough!! besides, they dont scratch like the anodizing on the aluminum.

To the current G2X owners, how do you like it? I had the decision between the new Mag-Tac, Inova T4 and the Streamlight Scorpion. Was it the right choice? I decided to go with the only high performance brand I have experience with

Dingle1911

Enlightened
I just got an email from SF that the 6PX and G2X got LED upgrades and are now rated at 320 lumens. The price remains the same. Anyone have any more info on this?

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
...To the current G2X owners, how do you like it? I had the decision between the new Mag-Tac, Inova T4 and the Streamlight Scorpion. Was it the right choice? I decided to go with the only high performance brand I have experience with

I like my yellow G2X Tac...I just wish a 17650 Li-Ion would fit in mine. My 6PXs and my Fury have no problems with this battery size, but I would have to force one in the G2X and likely wouldn't get it back out.

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

:welcome: