The SureFire 6PX/G2X Tactical and 6PX/G2X Pro Thread

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Marketing strategy? Who cares.

That certainly seems to sum up SF's attitude toward the consumer market in recent years. :laughing:

The government gravy train is drying up with defense cuts and offshore competition is nipping at SF's heels in other markets not protected by the 'Buy American' Act. Slick catalogs with Rambo stories can only go so far to offset clumsy price changes and vaporware announcements in the consumer market.

The new value oriented approach in the 6PX/G2X ad posted above sure seems like a change in marketing strategy to me.

And, has PK, like Elvis, left the building? :confused:

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
That certainly seems to sum up SF's attitude toward the consumer market in recent years. :laughing:

The government gravy train is drying up with defense cuts and offshore competition is nipping at SF's heels in other markets not protected by the 'Buy American' Act. Slick catalogs with Rambo stories can only go so far to offset clumsy price changes and vaporware announcements in the consumer market.

The new value oriented approach in the 6PX/G2X ad posted above sure seems like a change in marketing strategy to me.

And, has PK, like Elvis, left the building? :confused:

Point made, however we're not here to discuss marketing trends. Personally I'm here to do two things; chew bubble gum and discuss the 6PX/G2X, and I'm all out of bubble gum.

Dingle1911

Enlightened
So does anyone know which LED the new version uses? How about some beam shots between the old and new versions?

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
One thing that old ad really drives home is that 16 years ago, 65 lumens for an hour on two primaries was considered incredibly bright at a reasonable runtime. The 6PX/G2X even at the older 200 lumens is such a major advancement.

I'm looking forward to beamshots of the new version as well... I already have a Fury, but you can't get a Fury in yellow! (My name is Fresh Eddie Fresh, and I am a Flashaholic:) )

luisugueto90

Newly Enlightened
I have to say I'm extremely pleased with the G2X Pro. I just got home from a roadtrip to a friend's ranch and it performed better than expected. I compared it to a friend's Inova T4 (rated at 300 lumen) and another friend's Led Lenser M14 (rated at 230 lumen) and It was just about as bright as the Inova, and noticeably brighter than the Led Lenser, with relatively fresh batteries I might add. You could only tell the Inova was brighter on short distances, on longish distances the beam pattern was about the same, with the focused spread being better on the SF, but the Inova having slightly a bit more throw. The Led Lenser was nowhere near as far reaching as the other two.

Also, I was impressed by the fact that while leaning over the swimming pool I dropped the flashlight in the pool, it was about 1.5m deep, and when I recovered it not a single drop of water got in it (it was maybe a minute underwater). Works perfectly, cant be happier

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened
It looks like an XP-G2 to me although from the pic it does look larger. I have an XP-G2 from foursevens that looks just like it. It seems to me an XP-G2 would be in the right range to produce what Surefire would call 320 lumens. Sense they underrate their lights one would expect maybe 380ish is real world and that is what I would expect out of an XP-G2. Maybe there is a larger version of a Cree version 2 LED that I am not aware of.----Referring back to 809

Last edited:

Erzengel

Enlightened
Sorry for the crappy picture, the footprint seem larger than XP-G R5.

The dome of the XP-G2 is slightly larger than the dome of the XP-G. I roughly measured the size of the LED bases using GIMP and they seem to have the same size.

välineurheilija

Enlightened
Hi sorry if i missed this somewhere in this thread but i bought a g2x pro and i wonder does anybody know why there is a B printed on the head below the hot surface warning sign?

juandajuan

Newly Enlightened
I have not tried but I have been using AW 17670 as well as primaries in mine. Can yours fit a 17670 in there?

So its safe for the g2x to be used with rechargeable 17670?
How bout the performance between the SF123A batt and the RCR17670?
Just ordered the new g2x pro which is 320lumens. Will post some beamshots as soon as i get it but i dont have the 200lumens version.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
So its safe for the g2x to be used with rechargeable 17670?
How bout the performance between the SF123A batt and the RCR17670?
Just ordered the new g2x pro which is 320lumens. Will post some beamshots as soon as i get it but i dont have the 200lumens version.
It would definitely be safe to run a 17670 in a G2X, except some users here have reported issues fitting one in their light. I was lucky to be able to fit one in both my G2X and 6PX Pro. Even the newly purchased P2X Fury fits nicely. About performance wise, I can't really advice you on that. Although I don't see a difference in brightness running both lights on a 17670, I can't be certain the regulation would run constantly or drop in output on prolonged usage as it would be real hard for our eyes to detect the difference. Did not really bother to find out though. I guess the importance of guilt-free lumens emitting from the light far superseded the need for performance in running it with a couple of primary CR123.

mbw_151

Enlightened
Does anybody have an estimate of the color temperature of the new XP-G2 emitters Surefire is using? I would love for it to be on the warmer side, say 4500K, but the only Surefire LED light I've seen that's this warm is the Minimus Vision.