The Surfire A2

Hendrikjansen

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I was searching for outside shots of the SureFire A2 im thinking to buy this light but my question is have somebody this light? Tell about it! Post beamshots :D

ty

Hendrikjansen

Newly Enlightened
But i need good outside shots so i can see the results of the light :) I cant find them :(

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm curious how many A2 E.D.C.'ers switched to the Kroma when it came out, considering it's about the same size, same power primary beam, and the color L.E.D.'s of course. Though not all of the A2 worship threads are 2OO6 and older, so maybe some switched back.

I just wish S.F. would have made at least one other regulated incan, but I guess then the A2 wouldn't be as special. Makes me want to get one for that reason, if I could just figure out something I can do with a colored L.E.D. (though by the polls most people go white anyways).

GreySave

Enlightened
The Kroma and A2 are really two very different lights. With the A2 you can have white throw and white flood. With a stock Kroma you have low and high white, but is it a nice spot, not flood. The colored LEDs produce an excellent flood of light on the Kroma (civilian model).

I have both and EDC neither as I prefer a light with more battery life, hence the U2 is usually on my belt. When conditions merit I do move up and do carry other lights including either or both the A2 and Kroma as needed.

Don't get me wrong. They are both excellent lights. I simply consider them more as specialty lights rather for every day carry. The Kroma actually rests on my nightstand every night.

riceboy72

Newly Enlightened
The A2 really is a light that has a following and an allegiance, and rightfully so. I got one as a Christmas gift last year and while I do love the high output LED's in my collection, the A2 is an awesome light that ranks up there as one of my favorites. The quality of the incan is very sweet, and I keep entertaining the thought of using a Lumens Factory bulb in it.

Read up on the recommended posts; they will certainly answer any and all questions you could even think to ask about the light.

mwaldron

Enlightened
I'm curious how many A2 E.D.C.'ers switched to the Kroma when it came out, considering it's about the same size, same power primary beam, and the color L.E.D.'s of course. Though not all of the A2 worship threads are 2OO6 and older, so maybe some switched back.

I bought a K2MS a few months ago, it's doesn't really compare to my A2s :(

It sounds like the same light on paper, but really it's considerably dimmer and the huge head makes in impractical to carry. Also it's a great spot, which is good, but the A2 gets me both spot and flood (the white version anyway).

Someday my SOE holster for it will show up, but even at that time I don't see myself being able to carry the K2 nearly as easily or conveniently as my A2.

For me, so far, the A2 series are my favorite lights, everything else is pretty much a toy. I like toys too though!

SASoCom

Newly Enlightened
Don't remember how long ago I bought my A2(#A04735). Its sat on my night stand for years. Red LEDs are perfect for those bumps night,lets you keep your night vision. Best light SF ever made.

LED61

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Kroma and A2 are really two very different lights. With the A2 you can have white throw and white flood. With a stock Kroma you have low and high white, but is it a nice spot, not flood. The colored LEDs produce an excellent flood of light on the Kroma (civilian model).

I have both and EDC neither as I prefer a light with more battery life, hence the U2 is usually on my belt. When conditions merit I do move up and do carry other lights including either or both the A2 and Kroma as needed.

Don't get me wrong. They are both excellent lights. I simply consider them more as specialty lights rather for every day carry. The Kroma actually rests on my nightstand every night.

As an owner of both, agreed 100%. Only I EDC an HDS.

DM51

Flashaholic
I like my A2s...

A2cigars-2.jpg