These are a few of my favorite things

Status
Not open for further replies.

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
so who has the missile launcher in here :)

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
"so who has the missile launcher in here"

Sorry I can't post a picture of that....might end up in trouble.:laughing:

NAlamo

Newly Enlightened
DaFABRICATA said:
"so who has the missile launcher in here"

Sorry I can't post a picture of that....might end up in trouble.:laughing:

only if its loaded :sssh:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
For recreational shooting, I do prefer the 1911A1. For carry, I liked the Kahrs for a while, esp love the nice trim size, but I just feel a bit more comfortable with a bit larger handgun. Current choice is a CZ PCR which is basically the CZ P-01 without the accessory rail. Not too big, not too small, VERY comfortable to shoot and basically does everything I want a handgun to do.

NAlamo

Newly Enlightened
Agreed on the bigger gun , I am warming up to my P9 . So danged light I forget I have it on my hip . It's a tough transition from SA pull to the long DAO but at the ranges it would be used at - it works fine . If the Commander would be as light (meaning a new Scandium frame is outta my reach right now ) the Kahr would be history .

luminata

Enlightened
Nalamo I strongly urge you to go to your nearest gov't agency and turn all that stuff in. There is absolutely noreason in this day and age for any one to need things like that. we should be follwing Englands lead and start banning any sharp objects including knives even kithcen knives. we as citizens should be happy to let the gov't watch over us and surley they will protect us in the event of an emergency . and hey you might get what we in Massachusetts get when a firearm is turned in A Target stores Gift card for $200 bucks!!!!!!!!

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, whoever posted something vulgar about 2 or 3 posts back, can you please edit it out?? I can't see the thread now (behind a content filter)

NAlamo

Newly Enlightened
luminata said:
Nalamo I strongly urge you to go to your nearest gov't agency and turn all that stuff in.

There is absolutely noreason in this day and age for any one to need things like that.

we should be follwing Englands lead and start banning any sharp objects including knives even kithcen knives.

we as citizens should be happy to let the gov't watch over us and surley they will protect us in the event of an emergency .

and hey you might get what we in Massachusetts get when a firearm is turned in A Target stores Gift card for $200 bucks!!!!!!!!

...don't need to go there to turn them in - the "Terrorist Act" allows them to come take them ANY time they see fit - wha wha wha do you hear 'copters ? :huh:

...reason ? Because *I can* is the only reason I need .

...and is why there is a sharp jump in crime there as well as other more civilized countries .:whistle:

...the Guv'ment only wants my tax money - should I trust them to protect my familty and I? :mad:

... I no longer do 'trades' .:lolsign:

vizlor

Newly Enlightened
I'm glad I live in sweden, where we don't have any natural disasters or conflicts ever (at least not in ages, or no bigger ones) because I would hate to have to own a gun to depend on. Not bashing you, but this thread reminded me of how lucky I am. I hope you never have to use those objects, especially not the knife.

FirstMain

Newly Enlightened
Definition: Conservative
a Liberal who has been mugged, ***-whipped, and left for dead, but survived.

I'm really glad to hear that peaceful places like Holland , Norway, and even Britain are so safe that ordinary citizens don't need evil handguns and other dangerous objects, and in fact, are forbidden to own them. Don't worry about what the criminal element uses for weaponry. All you have to do is dial the police and your troubles will vanish.

Thank the God of your choice for having leaders and a government that is so much wiser than you, and that will take care of you from birth to death. That way you needn't fear for anything, as long as you queue up when told, to receive your bread, and eventually to march in lockstep into the ovens.

Apparently history has not taught a lesson strong enough to be remembered, even by those who suffered the most from it.

You have my sympathies....

NAlamo

Newly Enlightened
vizlor said:
I would hate to have to own a gun to depend on. Not bashing you, ... I hope you never have to use those objects, especially not the knife.

I have used the knife , and is why I now depend on a gun .

mspeterson

Enlightened
sorry, no missle launcher per say.........

P2200002.jpg

thiswayup

Newly Enlightened
luminata said:
oh man pacifists really drive me nuts. You smugly make comments about someones pride in their equipment and their noble intentions of protecting their loved ones .

The guy wasn't smug and he isn't a pacifist. And a lot of Norwegian's quite regularly have to cope with environmental conditions that would probably make you wet yourself.

To rely on ones gov't for protection makes you a fool.

I suspect that the gentleman wasn't relying on his government but puzzled by the perceived need to be armed to kill one's neighbours, instead of looking on them as friends and allies.

Think if there was a shortage of food/water? When the marauding gangs of criminals and panicking,thirsty,hungry population comes knocking on your door what are you going to do?

You have no idea what a confession of failure that is to say a Finn, a Swede, or a Norwegian. It's weird but comprehensible to a Brit, but to a Scananavian it must seem utterly strange. The guy was very politely trying to understand it better.

(Also quite a few Norwegians hunt and people who use rifles regularly tend to look on pistols as fetish accessories, rather than as serious tools. If you really were expecting to star in your own version of the Omega Man or Escape From New York, you'd be much better off with a rifle or shotgun.)

I am by no means a doomsday survival nut the day it really hit home for me was 9/11. I can remember talking to my sons mother on the phone and the two of us wondering what course of action to take for our infant sons protection if indeed the entire country was under attack .

And everyone knows handguns make great anti-aircraft weapons- if only someone in the WTC had had one! "Make my day, AQ!"

maybe in your countries you have always had some other country or other people to take care of you like children

Actually the Norwegians tend to be tough *******s. Unlike, say, self-esteem challenged Internet Rambo fantasists.

but here in America some of us still beleive in what made my country so great -INDEPENDENCE and SELF RELIANCE .

God: it must be embarassing to share a continent with you.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
FirstMain said:
Definition: Conservative
a Liberal who has been mugged, ***-whipped, and left for dead, but survived.

I'm really glad to hear that peaceful places like Holland , Norway, and even Britain are so safe that ordinary citizens don't need evil handguns and other dangerous objects, and in fact, are forbidden to own them. Don't worry about what the criminal element uses for weaponry. All you have to do is dial the police and your troubles will vanish.

Thank the God of your choice for having leaders and a government that is so much wiser than you, and that will take care of you from birth to death. That way you needn't fear for anything, as long as you queue up when told, to receive your bread, and eventually to march in lockstep into the ovens.

Apparently history has not taught a lesson strong enough to be remembered, even by those who suffered the most from it.

You have my sympathies....

You really dont have to be so condescending. I love guns, but there really is no point of owning one for self defense in Sweden, and to be honest, I would be more concerned about my wellbeing if I knew any idiot could get them (crimials or not). And it's not that hard for a responsible citizen to get a license either, if you really must have one. And when the poop hits the fan scenario that so many are so worried about, I wouldn't worry so much about all the criminals banding to gether and taking over... :rolleyes:
People are usually more helpfull when poop hits the fan(at least in my experience in Sweden).
And please teach me the lesson that I have forgot.
You have my sympathies if you feel so unsafe where you are that you have to look down at the people in countries who don't share your insecureness.

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
guess it was only matter of time before we saw the rocket :xyxgun: :) tell us thats just a collectible and not armed :aaa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts