These are a few of my favorite things

Status
Not open for further replies.

alanagnostic

Enlightened
Let's face it, the police might just have a flat tire and not be able to respond if you call for help so there is really no reason to call 911 if you need help. Everyone should just accept their fate as a subject.

heliyardsale

Newly Enlightened
alanagnostic said:
Let's face it, the police might just have a flat tire and not be able to respond if you call for help so there is really no reason to call 911 if you need help. Everyone should just accept their fate as a subject.

True, true... By the way, I heard a story about a guy in an urban area calling 911 to report a possible break-in, the 911 operator told the guy " sir, the police are really busy on lots of other calls, they will come as soon as they get free". The guy hung up, called back in 3 minutes and told the 911 operator "never miind coming, I just shot and killed the *******". Then he hung up. Within another 4 minutes there where 20 cops lights and sirens blasting screaming into the guys driveway... When the shooter came out to meet them he said, "I thought you guys where too busy to come?"

Pook

Newly Enlightened
I feel i should point out that the Second Amendment, has nothing at all to do with guns being kept for personal defence, hunting or collecting...

"A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

You can't just read part of a sentence and ignore the rest of it...

"And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that the people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Sure it does say "Let them take arms" in there, but we all know these are not the key phrases in this quote.
Frankly if you want to take parts of it out of context and ignore there obvious meanings, you could argue that Jefferson would have thoroly aproved of Kenedy being assasinated, after all he was a patriot. (yes this is just silly but if you ignore the implied meaning of what is being said this is what happens.)

I'm mightily disturbed that you think "One of the most important things that make America great is her Second Amendment. "

Not the freedom of speech, press freedom, abolition of slavery... none of those things even get a look in right ? How about Jazz, Blues, Rock n Roll...

"Among other evils which being unarmed brings you, it causes you to be despised." -- Niccolo Machiavelli

Woodrow Wilson in refference to Machiavelli's "The Prince" had this to say "It recognizes no morality but a sham morality meant for deceit, no honor even among thieves and of a thievish sort, no force but physical force, no intellectual power but cunning, no disgrace but failure, no crime but stupidity."

To us Machiavelli to support your argument is pretty much like shooting your self in the foot...

Piers

Last edited:

Flashlight Enthusiast
vizlor said:
I hope you never have to use those objects, especially not the knife.
When knives no longer qualify as tools something bad is coming from it, btw nice guns guys, keep up the good work. :naughty::goodjob:

Jorge Banner

Newly Enlightened
Pook:

You can feel all you want. The Second Amendment deals with the not infringing of the right of the people to keep and bear arms. I would suggest you take some quiet time to reflect on "right", "keep" and "bear". Might do you good.

The great Founding Fathers of the United States of America, in their wisdom, chose to provide an explanation of something. That doesn't demean the "something", unless you want to twist the rights of the people away from them. "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" is clear enough. "The right" . . . "shall not be infringed" doesn't allow for anything else but the NOT INFRINGING OF THE FRIGGING RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE. Now, what part of "shall not be infringed" is the part you don't understand?

So you are "mightily disturbed". Hey, drink your milk, it may pass. I'm pissed as hell at all the decent people the nazis killed who had no right to keep and bear arms because one of the first things tyrants do is to disarm their victims. If every Jewish and anti-nazi family in Germany had owned a Mauser rifle and twenty rounds of ammunition AND THE WILL TO USE IT, Adolf Hitler would be a little-known footnote to the history of the Weimar Republic. Do you know what was one of the first things the Nazis did? They imposed gun control and said the world would be safer for it. Sounds familiar? Can you spell "Hillary"?

Criminals love gun control--it makes their jobs safer. When the populace is made defenseless it just makes criminals that much more brazen. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

"Democracy is 2 wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner, Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote," Ben Franklin ("Well armed", mind you.)

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed, from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson. How are you going to draw the blood? Begging on your knees while showing your empty hands?

"If you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin. "Sheep" mind you. Sounds familiar? Get a mirror.

If everybody in the Sharon Tate's party had been armed and willing to defend themselves, Charles Manson would be history.

If Ted Kennedy's secretary had had a gun, she would probably be alive, today.

It is a matter of your sense of life. Screaming skirt grabbers and all the pussyfied wimpoids are so unwilling to stand upright that they want everybody else to crawl, just like them.

They don't mind guns, they don't want people to be able to defend themselves. Since they know they are unwilling to defend their worthless hides, they want the very concept of self-defense to disappear from the world because every strong, independent, lover of freedom is a reproach on their worthless existence.

Those who can't get it up, want everybody else to be eunuchs.

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guns are nice for the honest person for several reasons.

-They're great for protection.
-They're fun to shoot in competitive target shooting.
-They can be used to hunt with if something terrible happens whether it be war related or because of a natural disaster.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
"If guns were illegal only criminals would have guns"...if this thread goes on long enough someone will say crap like this. They always do...folks have to be far sighted enough to realise...that will only be true for a while...has to start somewhere...in a hundred years if mankind is still around I would hope no one would have guns other than police or military...and these would be under lockdown.

Most criminals use stolen guns...guns stolen from folks who think their smart...safer.

But mostly guns kill/wound husbands, wifes, mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles, lovers, freinds in a moment of regretable anger. Now days we call it a snap. Thats what guns or the people that have them around, do most.

Protect you! No! If you want to kill/hurt someone it matters not if they have a gun...just shoot them without any warning. So easy for someone to do who cares not for the law. So easy. Your gun just ensures you will not be given the opertunity to try to talk your way out of it...if they know you have a gun...you won`t even see who pulled the trigger.

Last edited:

cslinger

Enlightened
Protect you! No! If you want to kill/hurt someone it matters not if they have a gun...just shoot them without any warning. So easy for someone to do who cares not for the law. So easy. Your gun just ensures you will not be given the opertunity to try to talk your way out of it...you won`t even see who pulled the trigger.

Wow must be nice to have a simple black and white view on life. Must make things easy for you.(edited to mean that having a black and white view on most anything seems to provide an easy answer on many things. The problem is things are rarely black or white. I did not mean this to be personal flame on you per say, as we all fall into the black or white thing at some point.)

The fact is firearms are tools. Mankind is the "weapon". How mankind uses his tools is what differentiates us from each other. Do you have any idea how many deaths the airplane is responsible for?

Firearms have done a lot of bad in this world. They have also done a lot of good. The person behind the trigger is the deciding factor.

We should strive to stop violence in our society, not strive to stop guns. Violence in society stems from many, many factors not the least of which involve moralty, education, employment levels, family upbringing etc. Like any problem the key is to fix or mitigate the root causes not bandage the symptoms.

Violent criminals will find away. Take away the guns they will use knives, take away knives they will use hammers, take away hammers they will use rocks. Some of the deadliest forms of martial arts and weapons grew out of somebody taking away the "real" weapons.

Punish those who would break laws and or harm others. Do not punish those who potentially could. That is like saying I am going to have to revoke your license because you have Whiskey in your house and a car in your garage and therefore have constructive intent to drive drunk.

Just food for thought.

Last edited:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Badbeams3 said:
"If guns were illegal only criminals would have guns"...if this thread goes on long enough someone will say crap like this. They always do...folks have to be far sighted enough to realise...that will only be true for a while...has to start somewhere...in a hundred years if mankind is still around I would hope no one would have guns other than police or military...and these would be under lockdown.

Most criminals use stolen guns...guns stolen from folks who think their smart...safer.

But mostly guns kill/wound husbands, wifes, mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles, lovers, freinds in a moment of regretable anger. Now days we call it a snap. Thats what guns or the people that have them around, do most.

Protect you! No! If you want to kill/hurt someone it matters not if they have a gun...just shoot them without any warning. So easy for someone to do who cares not for the law. So easy. Your gun just ensures you will not be given the opertunity to try to talk your way out of it...if they know you have a gun...you won`t even see who pulled the trigger.

The insides of your eyelids are tattooed 'breathe' and 'repeat', aren't they?
nana.gif

Here's the thing. Almost 100% of the time, when a country bans legal firearms, they experience a considerable increase in crime. As a country, we think we are most similar to Great Britain, but with wide expanses of land in the west, I think we are probably more similar to Australia. I think this is also one of the reasons that quite often, this becomes a city vs a rural issue. And by rural, I don't mean 5 miles outside the suburbs. I mean from Texas to eastern California and from Montana to Minnesota. More likely than not, law enforcement is 2 hours away.

We used to live in a fairly rural area. I carried most of the time. Now we live in an outer city/suburban area and I rarely go to or through 'bad neighborhoods'. I no longer carry. I know that a situation can arise at any time but it is overwhelmingly less likely.

And as far as it taking 100 hundred years for the post-gun-ban America to stabilize, well call me short-sighted. My kids will likely reap the worst of that period and why on God's green earth would I want to intentionally ensure that my kids had to live in a more violent society? To help protect my great-great-grandkids? A noble idea, but no thanks.

Jorge Banner

Newly Enlightened
Badbeams3 said:
Your gun just ensures you will not be given the opertunity to try to talk your way out of it...

Sure. "Please don't hurt me, I love you. Let's all get along. Please don't rape my daughter. That's not polite.".

Sheeple.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
More like...I didn`t do it...I don`t even know her name. Most theives steal when your not home...most rapes happen when alone.

Last edited:

heliyardsale

Newly Enlightened
Badbeams3 said:

Badbeams, you are the biggest brain-washed liberal {censored} I've ever seen post! Dude, please grow some {censored}! I bet you'll be the first person in line for a FEMA debit card when your day comes... Grow up and smell the gun powder... I suppose, if someone rapes your girlfriend or wife, kills your kid, steals your car or LED flashlights (I threw that in for the forum's sake) you'll give them a big hug, say "its OK" and drive them all the way to rehab, drug court, and to their free re-schooling/rehabillatation programming after all is said and done, hell, I'd bet you'll even let them move in with you because you are such a nice and forgiving Sheeple....

Come on, lets throw down {censored}!!
Thank god for survival of the fittest!
Rehabilatation through reencarnation baby!!!

Heli

By the way? Is the Chinese holiday over yet? Hello? Hello????

Last edited by a moderator:

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why don`t you volenteer (??) at your local hospitals emergency room...weekends...night shift. Do it for a year. Then call me names if you still want. Bet you wouldn`t.

cslinger

Enlightened
Badbeams, you are the biggest brain-washed liberal ***** I've ever seen post!

No need to attack BB personally. He or she has every right to their opinion and has every right to try to educate and persuade us as we have every right to try and persuade them.

Sometimes people need to agree to disagree and move on.

I don't agree with BB's position. I do feel that it is a bit simplistic in its approach. Then again I am sure he or she feels the same way about mine.

At any rate no reason call people names. If for no other reason it takes away from the persuasiveness of your argument. We all do this from time to time though.

My four cents now.
Chris

cslinger

Enlightened
Why don`t you volenteer (??) at your local hospitals emergency room...weekends...night shift. Do it for a year. Then call me names if you still want. Bet you wouldn`t.

It is all about perspective. I have worked 911 and emergency communications and from my persepective I have seen firearms do as much good as harm. I have been a part of numerous situations where an innocent victim had to die because they were not prepared to protect themselves and I had to listen to the why can't you help me cries thinking if I was only there I could do something. So my perspective is "clouded" by my experiences just as yours is "clouded" by your experiences. Of course I also dealt with numerous suicides and one thing they taught me was that typically there were only two type of people, those who were going to do it and those who were not. Those who were going to kill themselves would always eventually find a way, whether by gun, hanging, C02 etc. Once again the tool was just a means to an end. I also happen to like to shoot for pleasure.

At any rate violence should always be an absolute last resort, but sometimes it is a necessary last resort.

My six sense now.

Chris

Last edited:

aml

Newly Enlightened
Every day i pray to God
that i will never need to use this gun on my hip
to protect myself, my family, or my loved ones
But in the same breath
I ask Him, that he steady my hand
and harden my heart
if that time ever comes.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know several people that workin hospitals and many more than are either law enforcement or firefighters/arson detectives. I'd say roughly 90% of them encourage sane/civilized people to carry.

Hopefully this thread will calm down before too long. I think the reactions to differing viewpoints probably puts off residents of other contries more than the guns themselves.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Enough...This thread has veered way off course and has become too heated to be worthwhile.

--dan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.