These are a few of my favorite things

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbhn

Newly Enlightened
+1 on the crazy list. We, of course, hope we never have to use them, but sleep peacefully at night knowing we are willing to. And I know my wife does as well and I am sure my daughters will too when they are older enough to know.

Can't fault people from other countries for having different views than us in the good 'ol USA. Those within our borders (naive liberals) I see as fair game.

heliyardsale

Newly Enlightened
Sometimes you feel like a gun, sometimes you don't.... Personally, I'm droolling over the gun posts, I'd post some photos of mine, but, isn't this the LED thread????
Nice guns guys, I support the 2nd also.... Now, when the hell is the Chinese holiday over so I can order a new M3????
HELI

thiswayup

Newly Enlightened
And today's broadcast of Moron Myths of The Internet is:

luminata said:
we should be follwing Englands lead and start banning any sharp objects including knives even kithcen knives.

NAlamo

Newly Enlightened
Hey aml How do you like the XD ? Seem to have a large following in a fairly short production span . When you range practice do you use the Palm Blaze as part of your routine ? What technique are you using ?

aml

Newly Enlightened
NAlamo said:
Hey aml How do you like the XD ? Seem to have a large following in a fairly short production span . When you range practice do you use the Palm Blaze as part of your routine ? What technique are you using ?

the hs2000 has been around since 1999, and the croatian military have been using it for years. Not, its not a vetran, but its not a "new" design either.

And i like it very much.....i am left handed so the ambi mag catch is a real plus.

I havent had the palmblaze for very long, but it has already accompanied me on an all-nighter jackrabbit hunt, and i have to admit, that i have gotten a few odd glances when at the range practicing the Harries technique.:laughing:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Honestly, as a gun-owner, I can honestly say that I have never been in a situation where I even considered using a weapon. But... and here's the big 'but'... in a country where guns are available and legal, to not have one that could possibly be called in to protect your family, it almost seems prudent to have one. I mean, this forum is dedicated to the persuit of having the absolute brightest. furthest-throwing flashlights possible. I think it's pretty obvious that maybe .01% of us will ever need something that can throw like a M1 Hunter or Striker, but it's nice to know that they are available.

And while I certainly can't speak for any other gun-owners that may or may not have posted in this thread, it's not like we eat, sleep and breath guns 24/7. For me, they are just another interest. I like mechanical things... I like the outdoors... I like the challenge of shooting at distance. Plus, guns are one of the concrete things you can buy, keep in your house and almost always appreciate in value as long as you make decent decisions.

aml

Newly Enlightened
vizlor said:
I'm glad I live in sweden, where we don't have any natural disasters or conflicts ever (at least not in ages, or no bigger ones) because I would hate to have to own a gun to depend on. Not bashing you, but this thread reminded me of how lucky I am. I hope you never have to use those objects, especially not the knife.

Well, wouldnt you HATE to own a flashlight to depend on? I dont understand your reasoning. Bad people are much more dangerous than darkness.

I use the knife ALL THE TIME!!!! mostly to open packages that contain a flashlight, or MORE KNIVES!

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
The gun stuff is an old worn out topic at CPF...and ALWAYS ends up going nowhere. We in the USA tend to love our guns...till someone we personally know or ourselves are shot by one. As for myself...an aunt of mine was murdered by a person with a gun...and I was shot 11 years ago by a person with a gun. Took me a year to recover. My girlfreinds, boyfreind from around 30 years ago was killed by a gun in a lovers coral. WAY more people are killed by domestic aurguments involving guns than are saved from a bad guy by a gun...still the concept of "freedom...freedom to own a gun and protect our love one`s" prevailes...like I said...till a kid your arguing with pulls one out and shoots you...spends a month in jail and is forgiven...his record sealed...he`s kid after all. And it cost us...alot of these folks don`t have insurance..we all pay for gun injurys though our taxes. But we are free...as long as we aren`t in the hospital or morg.

Ok, that ought to start an argument..just please...don`t shoot me. Once was enough.

Last edited:

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
aml said:
Well, wouldnt you HATE to own a flashlight to depend on? I dont understand your reasoning. Bad people are much more dangerous than darkness.

I use the knife ALL THE TIME!!!! mostly to open packages that contain a flashlight, or MORE KNIVES!

That's a rather redundant analogy. How often do you use a flashlight and how often do you have to use a gun for self defense?
And no, I dont edc a light either, rarely need em. I EDC a knife though(but not friday/saturday nights, can get too messy then and get you in trouble), very handy. :)

zx7dave

Enlightened
You should watch the news with all the violence happening everyday... Glock, Surefire, and a Benchmade go with me everywhere.

gresgate

Newly Enlightened
Talking about toys?:sssh:

DSC04635.jpg

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
zx7dave said:
You should watch the news with all the violence happening everyday... Glock, Surefire, and a Benchmade go with me everywhere.

And you should turn off the tv and get out some more. It's not as dangerous as it seems.;)

zx7dave

Enlightened
Everyone has a right to thier opinion..I will keep carrying my Glock which is not always comfortable, but is always comforting...

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Badbeams3 said:
WAY more people are killed by domestic aurguments involving guns than are saved from a bad guy by a gun...

How could you possibly know that?
Christo_pull_hair.gif

I know two people that have been shot outside of wartime and neither were killed. I know four people that presented a handgun and ended what could have been violent... and those are close friends or family. That doesn't count law enforcement or arson detectives.

I'd almost go as far to say it is impossible that more guns are used in domestic killings than to deter 'bad guys'.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
zx7dave said:
Everyone has a right to thier opinion..I will keep carrying my Glock which is not always comfortable, but is always comforting...

True enough. I just get fed up about people who call other people or countries sheeps or ignorant just cause they don't carry guns for protection. Fact is that we don't need em here. I enjoy target shooting, but would never in my life feel that I need a gun to feel safe we're I live. I've been in my fair share of fights, but never felt the need for a gun (even when I didn't get the upper hand), that would probably just make the situation worse. So nothing against you, you're remarks were sane and humble.

Last edited:

mspeterson

Enlightened
Here's one of my favorite things, helping me check out the passaround Kroma a while back.....

PA280249.jpg

and yes, he liked it!

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
SOOOO......Any more pics of lights with guns?

Please....Lets all agree to disagree and have some more picture fun!:grin2:

There are going to be to many conflicting views to actually have this come to some kind of conclusion.........AND NOBODY BRING UP RELIGION!!!!:laughing:
Lets keep the worms in the can.

PICS??? ANYONE??:popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.