That SW01 is F*#kin' Awesome!

aml

Newly Enlightened
violent crime on the rise in sweden.

UPDATED: 08:32, October 29, 2006 Violent crime reports increase in Sweden
3zoom.gif
printResizeButton();
spacer.gif

The number of violent crimes reported in Sweden is rising, while the number of reported thefts is falling, according to new statistics from the Swedish National Council for Crime Prevention, Bra.

Some 905,000 crimes were reported to law enforcement agencies between January and September, Swedish news agency TT reported on Saturday, quoting Bra's preliminary statistics.

The figures represent a fall of 2 percent compared with the same period last year.

Thefts and misappropriations, which account for nearly half of reported crime, fell by 8 percent, the report said.

Over 59,000 violent crimes were reported during the period, 6 percent more than during the same period last year. The number of reported assaults has increased markedly, according to the statistics.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
cratz2 said:
How could you possibly know that?
Christo_pull_hair.gif

I know two people that have been shot outside of wartime and neither were killed. I know four people that presented a handgun and ended what could have been violent... and those are close friends or family. That doesn't count law enforcement or arson detectives.

I'd almost go as far to say it is impossible that more guns are used in domestic killings than to deter 'bad guys'.

I worked at Tampa General Hospital in the emergency room for 1 long year...so I saw it first hand. And your right often they don`t die. But they often end up collecting SSD for the rest of thier lives...on your tax dollar.

Last edited:

aml

Newly Enlightened
Now if we do the math, with Sweden having a population of about 9,000,000 people, we get (PER YEAR)

.009 violent crimes PER person in sweden.

Now lets take texas, with a population of 22,859,968 and 121,091 violent crimes per year (2005) we get:

.005 violent crimes PER person in Texas.

how is it that Sweden is so safe anyway?

Last edited:

aml

Newly Enlightened
Badbeams3 said:
I worked at Tampa General Hospital in the emergency room for 1 long year...so I saw it first hand.

dead home invaders go to the morgue, not the hospital.:sssh:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Badbeams3 said:
I worked at Tampa General Hospital in the emergency room for 1 long year...so I saw it first hand. And your right often they don`t die. But they often end up collecting SSD for the rest of thier lives...on your tax dollar.

I hear ya, BB. My point is that if you work every single shift at every hospital in Tampa, (and closely follow the obits) you may very well see every time a gun is physically used against someone. What you can't possibly see is how often the presentation of a weapon discourages a would-be assault.

I'm in no way saying my outlook is better/smarter than yours, but as with most things in life, it is radically less simple that it looks to one pair of eyes.

luminata

Enlightened
and no need to feel bad for others in this country who have to live with me . the real embarrassment is the lack of spine the international community has in dealing with terrorism in our world today kinda like when we had to bail everyone out in WWII. oh sorry that was along time ago and you all had it under control just fine. we just insisted on crashing the party with our annoying guns and knuckle dragging war mongering soldiers .:laughing:

Meduza

Enlightened
I live in Sweden and does EDC both Flashlight, Knife and Multitool, but not for my defense, just as useful tools, gets used all the time...

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess everyone is bored...this is an endless, no winner topic. Just like abortion. I have seen a dozen threads about guns throughout my years here on CPF. All they do is cause trouble, frustration and hurt feelings. There are other areas of CPF to talk about such things. This area is supposed to be about lights.

Last edited:

NAlamo

Newly Enlightened
*< Cain't wees all jes learn ta git along>* Aiight we all have different views, reasons and culture ...we now return to our regularly scheduled program .

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
woodasptim said:
Think of it like a condom, I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

I don't know dude... Sometimes if you need a condom and don't have one, you can do other things that are still plenty enjoyable.

If you have one and don't need it, you probably aren't going to be having any fun.

nana.gif

FirstMain

Newly Enlightened
Some of my toys when I'm out at night.....

carry.jpg

These keep me warm and safe!

Glock 19

A pair of Microtech HALO III's

A Chris Reeve Large Sebenza

And a Surefire L5

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
luminata said:
and no need to feel bad for others in this country who have to live with me . the real embarrassment is the lack of spine the international community has in dealing with terrorism in our world today kinda like when we had to bail everyone out in WWII. oh sorry that was along time ago and you all had it under control just fine. we just insisted on crashing the party with our annoying guns and knuckle dragging war mongering soldiers .:laughing:

LOL, it really riles me up every time a american says that they saved everybody elses asses in WW2 (I wont even bother to comment the current political situation, it can get TOO heated). Doesnt anybody read history anymore? And I can comment objectively here since the Swedish government were cowards and stayed neutral, so I can't boast any national pride(how could I anyway, my father wasn't even born then). Fact is that the americans decided to join the party very late. And don't say that you did it just to save the rest of the world, you realise you were next after Europe? And to be honest, Russia (been enemies to Sweden longer than America has existed) actually took the biggest impact of Hitlers war machine. Should you thank Russia for bailing YOU out? Seriously, it gets old, the defeat of the Third Reich in WW2 was a freaking group effort, no country could have done it alone. That's why they were allies.
No, I'm just waiting to hear the second cliché about french cowardness.
:whistle:

aml said:
Now if we do the math, with Sweden having a population of about 9,000,000 people, we get (PER YEAR)

.009 violent crimes PER person in sweden.

Now lets take texas, with a population of 22,859,968 and 121,091 violent crimes per year (2005) we get:

.005 violent crimes PER person in Texas.

how is it that Sweden is so safe anyway?

Good point. Help me out here, will you? Did I ever say it was safer here than wherever you are? I just said that there is no reason to carry a gun for defense here. So you guys even have less need for a gun than us. Good for you. And just a remark about statistics, you are aware of that you can say almost anything with it. Do you know what counts as violent crime for starters? Why dont you take the murder stats instead(which by incident is more than twice as high in Texas)? That would weed out the lesser violent crimes, like slapping someone(yes, that is a violent crime...). According to Steven D. Levitt in his book Freakonomics, legalization of abortion in the 60s is the main reason crime figures are dropping in USA since the 90s, backed up with numbers, do you believe in that? "Lies, damned lies and statistics"... :whistle:

Really not sure, why we're arguing anymore, I'm just saying that I dont feel the need to carry a gun and I dont want to be called an ignorant sheep who cant defend my loved ones just cause of that. Each to his own? :grouphug:

alanagnostic

Enlightened
I try to never tell anyone how to live their life. I belive for the rest of my life I will own a quality gun, flashlight and knife. I consider all of them tools, nothing more. All of them can help me save my life if I'm in a bad situation. If everyone else around the world chooses to not own a weapon that is there own choice, but I have little sympathy for those who have the opportunity to arm themselves and choose not to. I have taken a different path. It is a path of responsibility (I choose to be responsible for my own safety and liberty). I need ask no one for either of those. I see the rights of citizens in this country being eroded every day now and very few people seem to care. Honestly I think we are swirling down the toilet bowl and it's only a matter of time before we go under. I, for one, will not be going voluntarily to a concentation camp.

Some of my most cherished things: Ruger revolver, Benchmade knife, and many quality flashlights from HDS and Surefire.

Jorge Banner

Newly Enlightened
My Glock 23 is one of my favorite things. And on this subject, let me say this:

Trouble happens. It is stupid to think it doesn't. To think you'll call 911 and solve your trouble is also stupid. If anybody comes he'll come too late. It's not who's right, but who's left. A gun or several, will help you dandily in being the one who's left. It is better to explain yourself to twelve than to be carried by six while your raped family weeps. If you belong to the Korrectnik Defeatocrat species, please, be kind enough to die where I don't have to hear your screams. I intend to defend myself.

One of the most important things that make America great is her Second Amendment. It is the right to keep and bear arms that recognizes that when confronted with evil there is no substitute for Victory. You see, it is not an option. There is no honorable retreat.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to the police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

"They, That give up essential Liberty for Safety, Deserve, Neither Liberty nor Safety". Ben Franklin, circa 1759

"And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that the people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Now, what did Jefferson say to "let them take"? Oh, yeah, arms.

"No slave shall keep any arms whatever,..." - A Bill Concerning Slaves, Virginia Assembly (yeah, a long time ago)

"Among other evils which being unarmed brings you, it causes you to be despised." -- Niccolo Machiavelli

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free." Ronald Reagan -- Annual meeting of the Phoenix Chamber of Commerce, March 30, 1961

Some people are so afraid of guns and self-defense, that they are always willing to be sheep going to the slaughter... and unfortunately wanting the rest of us to be just as helpless.

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.

If Guns cause Crime, then Matches cause Arson.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

I could go on, and on, but don't want this to be too long.

LightScene

Enlightened
Let's face it, hand guns, knives, and flashlights don't provide a whole lot of self defense. One Molotov cocktail thru your front window and you and your family are toast. On the other hand, they are great if you want to mug somebody or go on a crime spree.

heliyardsale

Newly Enlightened
LightScene said:
Let's face it, hand guns, knives, and flashlights don't provide a whole lot of self defense. One Molotov cocktail thru your front window and you and your family are toast. On the other hand, they are great if you want to mug somebody or go on a crime spree.

Totally Not true... If someone throws a Molotov cocktail though our window, on "their" crime spree, I'll shoot, the mother F$%ker in the head with my G19, Use my M1 to find them laying in the front woods, take out my Kershaw, Cut off their scalp, sprint back the the house and smother the fire with the *******s scalp.... :touche:

The rest of you non-gun toting sheepsters can call 911 and wait while your house burns down... enough said... "When the red dot pops the turkey is done"
Heli

Status
Not open for further replies.