This place is trouble.

msmemt

Newly Enlightened
I found this forum when I was looking to upgrade from my D-cell maglite to a surefire or similiar LED flashlight for work (EMS). I must admit, when I first found this website I thought to myself "wow... there's a whole forum dedicated to flashlights :ohgeez:"

First, I bought an Ra Clicky Tactical (170 lumens version) and was blown away at this little light and it's usefulness to my work. I was all set on flashlights. But, I continued coming here out of interest.

Then, I bought an Elektrolumens EDC-MCE. Holy crap :eek:.

Last week I bought a 4Sevens Preon 2 to replace my Ra as a backup light at work (more convient and comfortable in my shirt pocket). It's great.

Now, I just came across Lummi and am considering by the Wee or Raw for my car keys. Or both. I definately got bit by the bright little light bug!

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF!

Hold on to your wallet! Although it seems to be a little too late for that. Trust us, the more you look around, the more you will want to buy. As the saying goes "buy both!"

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened
Better make sure that Lummi is for sale in the marketplace & not a "preorder". From personal experience. The output also drops quite rapidly on those lights. They are fun though.

Yeah, this place is all kinds of trouble but only for the wallet:party:.

You've picked some good stuff already. Welcome.

ama230

Enlightened
I was the same way when i started looking on here. I felt assures as I thought i was the only light nerd out there. Good luck on trying not to spend money, but in all reality we are helping the economy a ton... With this site alone we are doing a better job than our administration so kudos to us...:nana:

Also I have been looking at the preon as well, how do you like it compared the ra clicky?

Also welcome too, as keep an open mind on here as most on here are brand loyal which is not a bad thing but could compromise on what you really want and need.

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hehe! This is one of those 'good' hobbies, but
broke.gif

As I keep telling my wife, I don't drink, don't smoke, don't gamble and don't drive fast cars.

And that one day my flashaholism will pay off in a way nobody can imagine.

Jack Reacher

Newly Enlightened
.....As I keep telling my wife, I don't drink, don't smoke, don't gamble and don't drive fast cars.

Ah yes Jash, but, as we all know...
There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip!

To my partner, this baby was "just" a "torch"...

[hotlinked image deleted - please read Rule 3. - DM51]

There's a vast difference between the telling and the doing in my household. :crackup:

—Cheers, Jack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hehe! This is one of those 'good' hobbies, but
broke.gif

As I keep telling my wife, I don't drink, don't smoke, don't gamble and don't drive fast cars.

And that one day my flashaholism will pay off in a way nobody can imagine.

Many thanks to Jash, for providing me with a new response mantra to my wife's raised eyebrow, when yet another small, mysterious, bubble-wrapped package in a plain wrapper arrives in the mail...
evilgrin07.gif

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
You've made a nice start there, msmemt. Lots of great lights to sample. Just remember they're getting better all the time, so there's no urgency.

Geoff

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF!

Do yourself a favor and just open up your wallet, and say buh buh to your money NOW.

325addict

Enlightened
Welcome in the ever-growing family ;)

The more people I tell about my flashlight-crazyness, the more admit to know the Candlepower forums!!

For me, a trainee started it all... he had an Olight M20 Warrior Premium Q5... and that thing was small and bright! Never saw such a light before... so I dug a little on the internet and found CPF... a forum about flashlights only?? Must be a small forum then.... OOPS!! MISTAKE!!

After I bought a few small LED-flashlights, I more and more came to the conclusion I didn't like that angry blue color of light they tend to give, so I turned to powerful, small incans. These are very pleasing to the eyes, and see much use. Much more than the LED-lights....

My favorite small incans are Surefires, E1E, A2 and C2 or C3. The E1E got the 50 Lumen Lumens Factory 3.6V bulb, the C2 and C3 have either the specially made 8V / 0.5A Lumens Factory drop-in or the P90, I modified the A2 Aviator with real warm-white LEDs that run for 9 hours on 2X IMR 16340s.
Then, the larger incans came... the SF M6 and Fivemega Megalennium... MagChargers... Wolf eyes M300 and Rattlesnakes...
I could survive a weeks' power failure with all these lights :D

Timmo.

chrisWELD

Newly Enlightened

Yep - I've converted my wife. She now has E1E & E1L Surefires, an LF2XT, Fenix LD01, an Inova, and she's stolen my recently arrived Photon Freedom camo :-( She always carries at least 2 lights now - she likes the quote - "One is none"! Plus spare cells...

It's taken a few years though!

And between the two of us it does indeed add up... But I try not to count.

Last edited:

rlorion

Newly Enlightened
You bet this place is trouble...I have already bought an ITP A6 Polestar, Romisen RC-N3 II R4, MG RX-1, TrustFire TR1200 and I have a Quark Mini 123 on the way. Now I found the EagleTac P20C2 MKII:eek:

Mike Kerr

Newly Enlightened
I agree this site is a potential "money pit" . A potentially deep hole that we pour money in. I am lucky so far because, I am so new I can't post or reply or buy anything on the Market Place forums - so for now I'll just read and absorb what knowledge I can soak up.

Regards,

:):):)

msmemt

Newly Enlightened
Also I have been looking at the preon as well, how do you like it compared the ra clicky?

Well, I carry my elekrolumens edc-mce as my primary flashlight at work, and the ra clicky as my back-up. I usually carry it in my shirt pocket, but with the big MOLLE clip it's a big heavy and sags. So, I replaced my ra with the preon2 as my backup at work. That being said, I still prefer my ra clicky in the long run. The UI is user programmable, and it has a very no-nonsense feel to it. The preon2 is a great little light though, especially for the price. The ra is also brighter, cooler, and with a stronger hot spot.

Last edited: