Thrower - Top of the tree ??

lightforce2

Enlightened
I have a RRT-1 I class it as a good 'urban thrower' however we're talking about hunting (pest control) lights here and I've found a few things about the RRT-1 that make it an inferior light for hunting

1. fully regulated for cr123a (not 18650) which can be expensive as runtimes are usualy quite long when hunting
2. using rechargable cr123a is cheaper but runtimes are way too short
3. inability to modify or purchase an RRT-1 with a warm tint LED, the cool blue tint isnt good for color rendition outdoors
4 Hunting lights should not have strobe, the strobe mode is too easy to engage whilst selecting a dimmer mode to avoid spooking animals when getting closer etc

I find the best lights for night shooting usually require some customisation, with the Dereelights & Tiablos this is easily done

lightforce2

Enlightened
Good one.:crackup:

You have some very good ideas it seems. A remote dimmer can of course be done.

Yes.I am always trying to see if there is a specific need that I could fill. I wonder if the frosted or diffused lenses I created for the DEFT would make it work much better for the situations you run into. I can of course make a setup that had a combo optic for throw with a dimmer and red LEDs for the close up work. Anything can be done it is just a matter of whether there is a market for it.

I once had a Buckpuck & Pot driving a Tiablo, the dimming feature was great however it was mounted externaly on a lead and was a little cumbersome

I think if some customisation was done for the Deft it would make an excellent long range shooting light. I'll have a closer look at the Deft and put some thought into what mods are needed & might be practical to do