ThruNite Ti3

gunga

Flashaholic
No problem. It's about the same as most good quality lights. The same driver is available in the ti5 clicky lights. I have the aluminum and ti.

Note, it's possible the TiS is discontinued.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe the TiS has been discontinued from the manufacturer.... but on a search I found it here in NW and CW for under $25:

http://www.illumn.com/thrunite-tis-xp-g2-120-lumens-neutral-white.html

I like the slight more heft stainless has on the smaller lights. It really adds to the quality feel and look and being stainless the threads are the smoothest over aluminum or titanium and the metal will wear the best.

Last edited:

sbslider

Enlightened
[h=1]I bought the Ti3 NW Mini Edc Cree Xp-G2 R5 and just noticed it does not have reverse battery protection. I have never seen (or looked that hard) for a light that does not have this protection. Am I likely to ruin the light if the battery is reversed, or just put a very low impedance across the battery? Wondering if I should cancel this order before it is too late, as I know I will put the battery in backwards occasionally[/h]

LED_Power_Forums

Newly Enlightened
No problems at all. I really do like this light. I have on in cool white and another in neutral white. Not sure which is my favorite.

Yea, I both, but not sure which I prefer.

Try shine the cool white one at the greenery of trees, flowers and grass outside your house and then try the neutral white one on them thereafter, and then come back and tell me which one you prefer.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
- Re: reverse polarity protection; I ignore that feature entirely and default to thinking that any led light that I put the battery in backwards will be destroyed immediately.
I don't need to know about polarity protection, just feel for the raised + when changing in the dark.
I don't have any flat top batteries though.

sbslider

Enlightened
I bought the Ti3 NW Mini Edc Cree Xp-G2 R5 and just noticed it does not have reverse battery protection. I have never seen (or looked that hard) for a light that does not have this protection. Am I likely to ruin the light if the battery is reversed, or just put a very low impedance across the battery? Wondering if I should cancel this order before it is too late, as I know I will put the battery in backwards occasionally
I am figuring Thrunite will tell me one way or the other. Worst case I will put 3 thin dabs of slicone or RTV on the driver board that will prevent the - side of the battery from contacting the driver if I do put the battery in backwards.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Not sure why polarity protection is used as a selling point or criteria. Pay attention and put the battery in correctly.

As far as CW vs NAT, I've not tested outside yet, but I know the NAT shows woods much more nicely.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Amazon website describes the Ti3 as having reverse polarity protection, But the ThruNite website does not mention it.

• When you hold this light, you instantly feel its high-quality Titanium Alloy body with polished finish. Attention to its features---Ultra clear tempered glass lens with anti-reflective coating; Durable resistance and O ring sealed(water-proof) for use in extreme conditions; Reversed polarity protection system prevents damage to the light.
  • ThruNite Ti is equipped with the advanced Cree XP-L V4 LED with a lifespan of 20+years. Multiple modes available: firefly, low, high and strobe(hidden). Its max output can reach 162 lumens with one AAA battery. High Lumen----162 Lumens!
  • This comapct but powerful EDC flashlight has versatile applications as, but NOT limited to, EDC, law enforcement, security, emergency, medical services, camping, duty light and self-defense.
  • Why pay $50-$100 for another EDC flashlight when there is no discernable difference in features? ThruNite Ti, which is half the price, is characterised by its compact and light weight design(70mm*14mm, 16g without battery). The whole body is just the same size of your little finger! Water-proof to IPX-8, easy twisting switch for one-hand operation, 4-modes with memory function, one AAA powered and a FREE tin canister as packaging.
  • So with a 30-day free replacement guarantee and lifetim limited warranty, order now to get a reliable light for emergency at home, self-defense (the hidden strobe makes a good flasher), as a gift for a friend or family member you love. It¡¯s definitely the best Christmas gift in 2014!

John.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ti3 lovers, don't forget that the head will lego with a Tool body. This will give you a Ti3 clicky and you don't have to worry about the head being wobbly and mode skipping.