To all fenix TK61 owners: How long can you use instant turbo?

kj2

Flashaholic
Does that mean that we can't use the Turbo-mode with a TK61 at all?! :huh2::(

On the box it say's... 4h20m on TURBO-Mode..? :thinking: :grin2:

You can, only some have the troubles of getting it working right. My sample works as it should.

ven

Flashaholic
You have turbo mode no problem patt,the issue is with "some" tk61 lights on the instant turbo where you hold power from off,and turbo comes on till you release.However some you get a few seconds up to 10 seconds.I am not one for holding buttons so if you like turbo just power off in turbo,then press once and instant turbo with no button holding.

Way around if your light is effected is to hold power,then hold mode button,release power keeping mode button pressed instead,not perfect,not saying right just an almost instant turbo if required:D IF and its BIG IF yours is effected with instant turbo,it bothers you,then return it...........simple as that but its guess right now if effected or not.

I am hoping the communication in Fenix is good,the issue/glitch has been addressed for any further production lights.However there will be some already bought and stocked by sellers that could have glitch/fault.

See when it arrives patt:)

RemcoM

Enlightened
Does the light comming from the TK61 still be visible clearly, when someone shines it at me, on a total cloudy day, at sunset, while there is still some daylight?

But under really dark cloudbase?

kj2

Flashaholic
Does the light comming from the TK61 still be visible clearly, when someone shines it at me, on a total cloudy day, at sunset, while there is still some daylight?

To many if,if,if factors. You've to test it, to see it yourself.

ven

Flashaholic

Not sure what your asking:thinking: its a flashlight with 1000lm ,large reflector for throw,it has usable flood.......thats it ,buy one and see:D

Being concentrated into a hot spot, more than the tk75 for example you will have further throw/concentration.....even though less lumens

RemcoM

Enlightened
At some minutes before sunset, the TK61 cab light up the grasfield nearmy home very well (At turbo) pointed at 80 degrees forward (like carheadlights)

While the TK75 at turbo, does this job before sunset much less good (not really visible) only when you swaying it a bit.

Do you all here ,who has the TK61 the same experiences?

Tell something about it.

And my light has a blue tint, at turbo.

ven

Flashaholic
RemcoM your comparing different lights for different uses,the tk60 will be brighter further away due to concentrated hot spot,the tk75 will give more flood light and adequate throw,just not as far as the tk61.

RemcoM

Enlightened
RemcoM your comparing different lights for different uses,the tk60 will be brighter further away due to concentrated hot spot,the tk75 will give more flood light and adequate throw,just not as far as the tk61.

Yes youre right.

But the Fenix TK75, TK61, RC40, and the Olight X6 Marauder with a very impressive 5000 lumens, with monsterthrow of over 700 meters (tested) with ansi standard, are the most beautifull impressive light ive ever had (still have)

But the throw of the TK61 is insane!

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Lumens don't = throw on their own,large deep reflector specific led does.

Try the tk61vn then.....the kcd is almost 4 X the original at 622kcd that's astonishing :D
Tk75vn on a misty night

tk61vn again misty little zoomed in on tree

AbbyY

Newly Enlightened
I am lucky to run instant turbo indefinitely... on my second TK61!

My first TK61 had a bad centered led so I asked my Fenix dealer for a replacement. I noticed an irregularity of corona around led and I didn't like that. TK61 is a thrower and a thrower flashlight depends of how much better led is centered in reflector.

Also, instant turbo was defective meaning the flashlight was turning off after a few seconds (I could live with that but centered led was first goal). I've got a new one and it works flawlessly with exactly same batteries (my dealer tested all TK61 in stock and sent me the best one)! Maybe different flashlight batches.

ven

Flashaholic
Nice 1 AbbyY:) I think it is different batches,i bet you could still get one that wont allow instant turbo due to older stock. Are you going to use extension kits on your tk61? keep pondering about getting a kit,swap with tk75vn body,and then the pattern will match on the tk61vn with the 75 and ext on it.

AbbyY

Newly Enlightened
Thank you ven!

I have 2 extension kits but also TK75 and TK76 flashlights. My Fenix dealer in Romania has no more extension kits in stock so I have to share them between TK61, TK75 and TK76. Nevertheless, another extender is on my wish list and I'll buy it as soon as possible.