Took the kids out for Halloween

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
brought my newly arrived Olight M20 Premium.

It's a nice light and for a noob like me, it's bright. I realize there are much brighter lights out there, but I think I had the brightest light by far of all the people I saw carrying flashlights. I have to admit I felt a little sheepish turning it on because it was so bright. Too many people around to turn on such a bright light for fear of accidentally flashing it in someone's face. I also brought an Olight T15 and used that more as it wasn't as bright.

When I did get a chance to turn it on when others weren't around it was neat to see the throw. So far I've been collecting mainly single AA lights with the exception of a T10, and now the M20 and this new light is much brighter than any AA light I have.

I think for my use, I'm going to stick with mainly single AA lights as they seem to be bright enough for most of my use and the convenience factor of the AA light is nice. If I want brighter, well now I have an M20.

This site is really addictive!
Are you saying that the low mode on the M20 is too bright? Cause I consider the low mode to be very reasonable. :shrug:

Kapak

Newly Enlightened
I got to pass Halloween with the following: Novatac 120P, Lummi Wee (always on keychain), M6 with MN21, Milky U2by2 and Maxa Beam.

Ok maybe the Maxa Beam was overkill, but meh. I got to shine it up when people weren't around as well. Just didn't want people to spontaneously catch on fire. The M6 and the U2by2 did a good showoff as well, but in the end the Maxa Beam "smoked" them. The family was quite impressed. They were impressed by the weight of the Maxa Beam as well. Price tag was undivulged to spare heart attacks on a nice night. On our way back home, streets were almost empty, so I played with it a little more, keeping in mind not to shine it on houses.

As we were about 300 feet from home, I lit back up the light in the sky as I'm still amazed by the beam and the little fog around really made it looked good. Then, I just turned the light off because, well I dunno why I turned it off. This doesn't makes sense from a flashaolic. Anyway, as I turned it off, a police car came from behind and passed by. The officer looked at me and I didn't do a thing and kept on walking (was there with some more adults and kids).

:sigh:Somewhat I wished he stopped and ask about the light so I could show it off. Maybe my soon to come PH50 will make a difference next time.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Somehow, i think the title of this thread oughta' be:

Took the flashlights out for Halloween

:whistle:
_

Vancouverite

Newly Enlightened
Are you saying that the low mode on the M20 is too bright? Cause I consider the low mode to be very reasonable. :shrug:

I guess it would have made sense to use low mode, but I had the T15 for that. I only brought the M20 for the high mode in case I needed a lot of light. It felt funny turning it on in high b/c it was so bright so I mainly just stuck to using the T15 on the second highest mode which I think is around 90 - 100 lumens. That was a good level.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess it would have made sense to use low mode, but I had the T15 for that. I only brought the M20 for the high mode in case I needed a lot of light. It felt funny turning it on in high b/c it was so bright so I mainly just stuck to using the T15 on the second highest mode which I think is around 90 - 100 lumens. That was a good level.
Oh, okay, I see. :candle:

_
hahaha

"I dressed my 6P up like a 9P and my M@g85 went as a 3D." :D

paintballdad

Enlightened

_

OK, so I took my flashlights out for halloween and had my son & his 2 friends tag along :D. Had my T1 clipped to my belt and my P2D Q5 in my hand. The street was fairly well lit but had to light up some of the walkways so the kids can see their way to the front doors of the houses they knocked on. At one of the houses we ended up running into more treak or treaters and their parents. As I lit up the walkway, I heard one of the dad's say 'man that's bright' and I then proceeded to show him the P2D. His next comment was 'man that's tiny', I told him I had another light brighter than my P2D. Took out the T1, set it on turbo and pointed the light down the street. I then heard the following in succession, 'poop that's bright'...smack.....'what was that for?'... the wife proceeded to say 'the kids can hear you!' He asked my where he could get one and how much they cost...told him 4sevens and then the price. Again "poop"....smack...
I mentioned that some nuts in an internet group spend much more than I do on lights....as I proceeded to walk away I realized that he was thinking i'm one of those nuts. Just as well.....i belong to this place.