Transformers Flashoholic 100W/240W incandescent lamp 18650 Flashlight

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw this:
Transformers Flashoholic 100W/240W incandescent lamp 18650 Flashlight at:
http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=2076

I was thinking of purchasing it to get 200Watt bulb, but which one??

My goal is to have a camping light and a fire starter in one::naughty:, maybe a 100W is enough for fire starter:shrug:

Anybody have this light?

Thank you,
bigC

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
As my sister-in-law's school kids used to ask her, "What be the point?" A single 100w/200w lamp is not going to be that useful camping compared to a more traditional LED setup, of which you can get many recommendations here at CPF, and how often are you going to be starting a fire? Once a night? Get a nice little laser - they are a lot more fun to start fires with. Plus, you are dumping a whole lotta heat all the time to no advantage. Granted, you are using 18650s, but how many spares are you planning on taking along, and/or how are you planning on recharging them on site?

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
That light looks so cool,if I hadn't built a 8,000+lumen M@G '633 I would consider that light,still might.

I haven't used that '633 in a while,maybe tomorrow night.

Last edited:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually purchased the 250watt version of this. it definitely starts fires on a dime.

You can even make the 24V carrier longer, which of course I did and put 9x18650 cells. With a 400watt bulb it needless to say starts fires too.

bigC

Jay T

Enlightened
Kind of strange that with all the focus on LEDs that there has been nothing on the incan front for years and then someone in China decides to make the hotwire kit from hell.

Mine is on the way.

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
The light ist great! I have used it at a flashaholics meet.
Only the battery carriers are not perfect. The quality is not up to the highest standards.
The light actually has an AR-coated lens!

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
The light ist great! I have used it at a flashaholics meet.
Only the battery carriers are not perfect. The quality is not up to the highest standards.
The light actually has an AR-coated lens!

The carrier does suck but at least it's a viable option now. I'm building a Mag623 cause of that Trasformer inspiration now

Latest posts