Tree House time (pictures)

Patriot

Flashaholic
That treehouse is one of the coolest things I've seen. I don't think I'd ever come down if I even went in it. I'm very jealous but excited to see more pictures and video when possible. Thanks for sharing. :twothumbs

Darell

Flashaholic
OK, BIG mistake here at Darell Central. I just showed the pictures to my daughter. And then reminded her that she actually MET Mr. Data at Ghost Mountain. And now... now only do I need to build her a tree house just like that, she first wants to come visit yours.

When is the house warming party, exactly?

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, BIG mistake here at Darell Central. I just showed the pictures to my daughter. And then reminded her that she actually MET Mr. Data at Ghost Mountain. And now... now only do I need to build her a tree house just like that, she first wants to come visit yours.

If you are ever on the East coast you must stop in. Preferably I hope, with your daughter in tow.

Tell her that we will have the s'mores cooking on the camp fire too! :)

:wave:

Cheers
Dave

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave, I'm a little late to the party here but WOW!!! . That would look good in my back yard. Do you think we could transplant that thing?

Did you ever get the stairs built? Deer season is coming soon and that looks like it would be the ULTIMATE tree stand.

ibcj

Enlightened
This is really amazing ! :thumbsup:

My children and I have been reading a book series called The Magic Treehouse, which may be why they have been asking for me to build them a treehouse. I've been away from CPF for some time, but remembered that Dave had started a thread with the treehouse project, so I decided to check it out for some ideas.

Well, wouldn't you know as soon as I open the thread, in walk my children. "Wow....that is awesome ! Is that like the one that you are going to build us Dad ?"...:crazy:.....:thinking:...."Uh....well....mmm...errr...yes, it sure is beautiful" Thanks for the inspiration Dave. :twothumbs

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Data, you rule. :) That's the coolest tree house I've ever seen, and I can't believe I live ~ 30 minutes away from it. Hehe. Hope that tree survives the drilling and continues to thrive and support your tree house for many decades. :) Going to hook up electric and plumbing? :p

Edwood

Enlightened
Fortunately my daughter is way too young to ever see this amazing treehouse and bug me to build one. Of course, that's because she just turned 1. :D

Data, simply wow. You don't do anything halfway, do you? Looking forward to seeing the rope bridge, gondola, elevator entry way thing.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm hoping to see a suspension bridge from the main house deck to the treehouse deck! And of course, spiral staircase from the treehouse deck to the ground. And a cobblestoned little road from the base of the spiral staircase to the sidewalks for the main house itself, complete with cute little street sign at the intersection. Yellow bricks optional.

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice! I haven't seen this thread in a while. LOVE IT! Last time I looked at the thread, I was in our old house...the new place has some trees that could support such a project....hmmmmmmmm....besides my laziness, lack of attention to detail, knowledge of construction, trees, or woodworking....I'm ready to start!

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the CAD model of the stairs. Notice the 6" square 6061 square aluminum extrusion with 1/2" wall sections. They are joined together with 1/2" SS bolts and hold the 2" oak treads.

treehousestairs.jpg

all but 4 of the sections
IMG_0717.JPG

Illum

Flashaholic

Daryl, being the awesome guy that you are, you should build something more innovative...like... um
http://www.inhabitat.com/2008/07/25/retreat-to-an-ewok-eco-spheres-in-trees/

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Cool Dave! :thumbsup:

I don't doubt that you have done your homework here but I wonder if the alloy of stainless is any consideration in regards to the health of the tree? A number of months back, I implanted a small tree with a relatively large titanium object that passes completely through it and the tree has recovered well by all appearances.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool Dave! :thumbsup:

I don't doubt that you have done your homework here but I wonder if the alloy of stainless is any consideration in regards to the health of the tree? A number of months back, I implanted a small tree with a relatively large titanium object that passes completely through it and the tree has recovered well by all appearances.

Good luck finding information on the best SS alloy for use inside a Tulip Poplar tree. I looked long and hard.

The 304 SS 2" bars I used have caused no stress to the tree that I can observe except for the very slight weeping around the wounds during the first year. I keep a close eye on it.

Now, if you happen to have any extra 2" titanium 6/4 bars laying around . . . :p