True cost to run EV like paying $17.33 per gallon if not for $22 billion in government subsidies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrfixitman

Enlightened
Gas bad. Cheap electric to come. Do the math for the next time you need a new car. Math doesn't lie. Your situation may vary. When in doubt...wait. I have been switching everything over for 25 years cause I'm cheap as hell, but want a clean sustainable world. (Did a decade of Veggie diesel cause the electric cars I made were not good for long trips.) Hard to do both, but it is possible. Solar and electric devices means energy security and no pollution. No reliance on the Saudis and Russians or the Middle East. No foreign war.

Image 11.jpg

mrfixitman

Enlightened

I didn't know all the battery supplies were mined and made in the USA. I could have sworn it was in Asia......so there goes your no foreign war idea.
I have one car LFP cobalt free car. My wife insisted on AWD. MNC was mandatory. So she drives the Tesla Y. Full incentives. . Ford and Tesla are using cobalt free in half their cars. Those cars with Chinese batteries lose all or part of their incentives in 2024. https://thenextweb.com/news/the-cobalt-free-electric-vehicle-batteries-are-here

mrfixitman

Enlightened
we may still have all the wars, but at least we will have EV tanks.
The largest excavation trucks are EV. In some cases they load up at top of pile, Regen down and gain enough energy to complete the cycle. Gravity is your friend. It loads at the top, regenerates all the way down, which is where the bulk of the charging comes from. All you need is enough capacity to drive around at the lower off-load site and climb back up the hill empty. The massive loads these things carry, eased down a long incline, is what makes it possible.Jan 16, 2023

https://images.app.goo.gl/UB6DFfU6z77ZacRC6

The largest excavation trucks are EV. In some cases they load up at top of pile, Regen down and gain enough energy to complete the cycle. Gravity is your friend. It loads at the top, regenerates all the way down, which is where the bulk of the charging comes from. All you need is enough capacity to drive around at the lower off-load site and climb back up the hill empty. The massive loads these things carry, eased down a long incline, is what makes it possible.Jan 16, 2023

https://images.app.goo.gl/UB6DFfU6z77ZacRC6
Don't they have diesel motors to turn the generators, like freight trains? 100% regenerative? That's pretty cool if true.

mrfixitman

Enlightened

mrfixitman

Enlightened
Don't they have diesel motors to turn the generators, like freight trains? 100% regenerative? That's pretty cool if true.
Not sure where it gets the first charge. All the energy it needs, after the first charge, is provided by gravity. As long as you have a hill and product, you're in business.

Not sure where it gets the first charge. All the energy it needs, after the first charge, is provided by gravity. As long as you have a hill and product, you're in business.
I watched a few videos of the eDumper. It's awesome! The battery weighs roughly 8 tons. It's only 100% self-charging when the load is at the top of a mountain and the truck is empty when it ascends the mountain. Pretty cool!

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I had sonata hybrid, I could see battery bar going up on some stretches going back to the city from upstate, almost entire drive on 17 eastbound, was in electric mode, barely used any gas,. OTOH going west it was almost always in ice mode. the car did not like going uphill much

mrfixitman

Enlightened
I watched a few videos of the eDumper. It's awesome! The battery weighs roughly 8 tons. It's only 100% self-charging when the load is at the top of a mountain and the truck is empty when it ascends the mountain. Pretty cool!
Exactly, it doesn't break any natural laws. However the energy to make the first ascent comes from the grid or a generator. So not perpetual motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.