Walmart 84 cent lights disappearing...

Ken 222

Newly Enlightened
Thanks! The Energizer E2s are what I have. Didja ever notice you can get 8 of these AA lithium batteries from 4sevens delivered to your door for $6-7 less than Wal-mart's price? How's he do that? The ones I got have 2019 on them so they're not old.
Ken

The little 84 cent lights I swiped from Wal-mart are all spoken for. I will mail the last bunch early next week and I hope the USPS is getting them to you un-crushed.

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ken 222 said:
I finally got to put a SMJLED in one of my 84 cent lights tonight. The best comparison I can come up with is a Dorcy super 1 watt.

Now that is what I like to hear! I had a Dorcy 2xAA plain old 1 watt (Looks just like a Dorcy 1xAAA, only in 2xAA form factor) that was decent on output, but probably less than a super 1 watt version.

Man, between this SMJED I have coming and going into a 2D rayovac industrial and the Streamlight 1xAA I just got, I'm not sure I really need this Nite Ize minimag I have anymore. Maybe I'll keep it around as a handout light.

I need to set up camp by the mailbox. :laughing:

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
*disassembles camp*

The SMJLED came today. Now this little beaut is how you bring a dirt cheap PR based light into its own. The 2D rayovac industrial now produces a decent spot with plenty of spill to spare. Couple that with runtime, and it's gonna be a great blackout light.

For the 5-6 dollar pricetag of these modules, you couldn't beat it with a stick. :thumbsup:

I'll definitely be ordering more in the future, just as soon as I can come into some extra cash once again. My flashaholism is gonna be taking a backseat for a good while as I had to spend a siginficant chunk of change replacing my clothes washer that decided to up and die on me today. :mad::rant::thumbsdow:awman:

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I just did a "proof of concept" mod to one of my 84 cent faceted lights.

Opened it up so a M*gled will fit. Drove a 2 cell ML with 1x123. Nice beam, more floody than throwy.

I plan ultimately to get a 4 cell ML and run 2x123...

I say if you find any at your Walmart, BUY 'EM!!!!

edit> OH BTW! The SMJLED PR was created with this light in mind!!! <edit