• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Wave of SunDrop and SunDrop XR-U

Lantern32

Enlightened
How much would the battery pack. (1 CR123) cost? I want to attach it to my Malkoff head. If you have any blemished/scratched/dented items, I don't mind- just curious about the cheapest price.

Dknight16

Newly Enlightened
My McGizmo hat trick will be completed on Wednesday afternoon: Sundrop XR-U with new Hive LE & XM-L2 emitter. Joins my Haiku (XP-G2), and Mule (119).

Let there be light.

Trip Miller

Enlightened
Very cool. Definitely a threesome setup that is easy to justify. They all have different applications that compliment each other without overlapping too much. So it is easy to justify the expense once you start really using them. I added a Makai 4th and just put a Dati LED LE in it with a 5000K XP-L Hi Output at around 1200mA and it really has a great throw.
I also was able to add a 2 x 123 with another Haiku with the XM-L reflector and a 6V LE so I can pretty much lego all of it. I also have one or more of each pak.

My base three are the same as your except I have an 083B Nichia in my XR-U.

I will also say that I put the 1 x aa pak on the Haiku XP-G and from a form factor I do not think there is a better universal flashlight made, at least in titanium, and maybe not in any make.

Keep on trucking!

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Email sent Don. Thanks.

Edit: If it's not to late can u please close the jumper on the HIVE. Thanks!

Edit 2: Payment sent, thank you.

Last edited:

puinsai

Enlightened
Rec'd my SunDrop today. :) Mahalos Don.
7537f4c2c1f3607f81fcdf281f511f5a_zps7wwphznx.jpg

SolarMan

Newly Enlightened
"what is the purple thingy?"

That is in case someone intends to do you harm. And then they get a surprise!

Hey McGizmo. Hope all is well my brother.

Eric

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
this is going to sound like a weird question, but if I wanted to swap out the lens for just a flat lens basically turn the sundrop into a mule) does any one know what diameter lens that would take?

archimedes

Flashaholic
this is going to sound like a weird question, but if I wanted to swap out the lens for just a flat lens basically turn the sundrop into a mule) does any one know what diameter lens that would take?
I'm sure you know this, but a Mule bezel does exist

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure you know this, but a Mule bezel does exist
sorry i didnt really want to elaborate too much, but i was wanting to tinker around with swapping out the sundrop optic for a fresnel lens or even trying to find a way to use them together. i figured the whole "turn the sundrop into a mule" would have made it easier to understand that i just needed to know what diameter lens i would need. also wanted to avoid "whats the point" questions... to which the response is because i think it would be cool.

McGizmo

Flashaholic

The plano/convex lens in the SunDrop is 15mm diameter and I would guess a thickness of 1.5 to 2 mm would work fine.

jdboy

Enlightened
I've never owned a McGizmo light so please excuse this question as I'm sure the info if here somewhere. Is the 3S/3V driver compatible with rechargeable batteries or will it only accept CR123's? Thanks for anyone's time that cares to answer this newbie question.

BarryG

Enlightened
The XP-G Haiku that I had accepted both CR123 and 16340's.....
I miss that Haiku :-(

Barry

jdboy

Enlightened
The XP-G Haiku that I had accepted both CR123 and 16340's.....
I miss that Haiku :-(
Barry

Yeah I had gotten the impression a couple of times that you might have regretted selling that one.

I was looking at a Sundrop XRU on another forum and wondered about the battery compatibility with the driver listed.