What are some single cell battery headlamps

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Besides the zebralight what else is out there?

Thanks

half-watt

Flashlight Enthusiast
good ones mentioned already by prev. Responders/Replies (currently own them all).

there is also the possibility of running some HL's on s 1xLi-ion cell, e.g. Streamlight Argo HP (a 2xCR123A powered HL) on 1x17670.

not to "beat a dead horse", so to speak, but i've found a number of 1 and 2 cell flashlights work well for "hands-free" lighting either clipped to a ballcap brim/visor, or head mounted using a JakStrap (original JS, or JS II). ok, still technically NOT a HL, but nicely functions as one.

Marduke

Flashaholic
If you don't mind bending the rules, a LOD clipped to a hat brim works well as an impromptu headlamp.

Patriot

Flashaholic
The Fenix P1D series also fits inside the Zebralight, rubber lights holders.

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys,

I went with the rayovac 1w headlamp

I am surprised how water resistant the light is.

I really like the Red led, and the white Led has decent throw with the optics included.

I am surprised this light is not more popular

bezel

Newly Enlightened
PT EOS II or any other three AAA headlamps using a single 10440 AAA li-ion protected rechargeable and two dummy cells or otherwise bridging the other two cell slots.

Marduke

Flashaholic
PT EOS II or any other three AAA headlamps using a single 10440 AAA li-ion protected rechargeable and two dummy cells or otherwise bridging the other two cell slots.

I think that defeats the purpose of having a small, 1-cell light. Also, runtime would be only about 1/3 of using AAA's, and there is no protected 10440

Jaygnar

Newly Enlightened
Nice choice. The only bad thing I have heard about that headlamp is the short runtime. Still a great light for the money:)

bezel

Newly Enlightened
I think that defeats the purpose of having a small, 1-cell light. Also, runtime would be only about 1/3 of using AAA's, and there is no protected 10440

Agree somewhat on defeating the purpose - was sorta joking (but not entirely).

My bad on the 10440...there don't seem to be any protected. It then boils down to whether you are knowledgeable enough to safely use unprotected cells and whether the light adequately "communicates" its state of discharge to the user. I don't yet know the answer for the EOS II.