What are you toting today?

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite thread of all time is on a knife forum "what traditional are you toting today" figured we could sprinkle a little fun in the forum and get one of those started here. We have the what ya carrying thread and it's usually LED. So, if you are tired of the LED life or just wanting some nostalgia. What ya toting today?

I've been using this streamlight 4aa last few nights to go on yard adventures with the girls. Throws a ton!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    500.8 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been using this streamlight 4aa last few nights to go on yard adventures with the girls. Throws a ton!
I have same incand 4AA Streamlight with 4 Eneloop and Potted WA01319-U (4.8V, 1.9A) bulb. Much brighter than stock bulb.
I am using a g2 incan on 3V usb rcr123 batteries on from illumn. I have a good amount of 6v lamps and like to drive them at 6 vs under drive with a 16650.

It's my "letting the dogs out" light. Good throw but not 800 lumens to wake up the family.
Each 3V usb rcr123 batteries holds about 2.5 volt at about 1~1.5 Amp draw so almost same as primary CR123A. So the bulb is infact 5 volts or nominally called 6 Volt bulb.

Last edited:

bignc

Enlightened
Each 3V usb rcr123 batteries holds about 2.5 volt at about 1~1.5 Amp draw so almost same as primary CR123A. So the bulb is infact 5 volts or nominally called 6 Volt bulb.

And drives it harder than a Lithium Ion 16650 at 4.2v hot off the charger…. Which is all I was bringing up- nowhere did I mean to compare with a pair of primary CR123.

Last edited:

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
My favorite thread of all time is on a knife forum "what traditional are you toting today" figured we could sprinkle a little fun in the forum and get one of those started here. We have the what ya carrying thread and it's usually LED. So, if you are tired of the LED life or just wanting some nostalgia. What ya toting today?

I've been quite active on and off over the years in the traditional section of that knife forum. Great place, I always carry a traditional knife or two but not always an incan light. I love incans all the same though. Good idea for a thread.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh man that's nice. My uncle had a red big beam hand lantern years ago. I need to see if it's still at grandmas and salvageable.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
You know she runs 2X6 volt lantern batteries in parallel so you get huge capacity and it's plenty bright to walk around with. Plus it's just cool😁

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast

By the way, they are very easy to upgrade, for the parents I installed 5 mm Yuji diodes with 93-95 CRI...
LOL, I think I got it mixed up, I have the same Streamlight with LEDs

Unfortunately 16650 with E2e end too quickly

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
The E2e is an incandescent. I don't carry it too often but break it out every once in a while for that nice Incan beam. The HDS gets kept on me as well as it's my favorite UI and has a much better runtime. And…
I think this is for incans. Anyways I now have an excuse to carry an incan so I can post about it here. Perhaps a Streamlight or Pila.

I like flashlights!