What Book are You Reading Now?

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
5s8Zh5,
Earlier you asked about Spider Rock.
In 1999 we took a road trip across the US and back. We stopped at Canyon de Chelly, and hiked most of the way down. Once back up top, I saw a sign for "Spider Rock". It was pretty darn hot, so my wife and daughter elected to stay in the motorhome, while my son and I walked 1/4 mile to the lookout to see "Spider Rock."
Either at that time, or the year earlier, one of the 4x4 truck companies (I don't remember which one) was running a commercial with their truck perched on top of it, so we just had to go and take a look.

I don't know if they air-lifted the truck up there, or did it with the magic of television, and cgi, but it was certainly a sight to see. Previously seeing the TV commercial made it a bit more special.
Awesome! Thanks for posting that great story.

:thumbsup:

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
9781538747575.jpg

Makes you think twice about hiking alone...

goodcolors

Newly Enlightened
[h=2]Notes on Blindness: A Journey Through the Dark[/h]its about the experience of someone who has recently lost his vision and is blind... it alwasy gives me the creeps even thinking about being blind and not being able to see things

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
5-E6807-D8-6-B8-E-488-B-BD08-5-C8-E69-F11-A6-C.jpg

The last memoir I read that was this good was Hitch-22. This is a real eye opener into the world of the Seattle/grunge music world that was the 90's. Do yourself a favor and read what (probably for most people) the "other side" is like...

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
ood read - thanks for the recommendation.

Am on book 3 of C.J. Box' Joe Pickett series.

^ put that down for now and am reading Jack Reacher #25. A great read so far. This is Lee Child's last input into the series, and iirc his brother Andrew, who cowrote this with LC, is taking over the series after a few more being written with Lee.

BT7CpoUl.jpg

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i still trully cant read. unless its a few paragraphs anything longer and my mind just wanders. to recentlyi coulndt even watch z long movie. im pretty much a complete idiot

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson - mostly for the pleasure of the absurd-yet-plausible alternative future he lays out.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shadow warrior by David Everett. Don't know why you can't get it in the USA. I guess it has something to do with profiting from crime. Like all gangster non-fiction isn't like that. I read all 441 pages in less than 36 hours. It was sad, amusing, riveting, inspiring and thoughtful. Thanks to one of our forum members I got a copy from down unda.