What Book are You Reading Now?

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mike Bowditch #2 - The Poacher's Son #1 is also great.

10377188.jpg

Last edited:

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finished
Dance Hall of the Dead (Leaphorn & Chee #2), Tony Hillerman 1973 &
The Blessing Way (Leaphorn & Chee #1), Tony Hillerman 1970

Started Listening Woman (Leaphorn & Chee #3), Tony Hillerman 1978.

I read all the Hillerman books about 10 years ago. Great stuff! When I was in New Mexico visiting relatives I even toured some of the locations mentioned in his stories.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
41FiX2XZOrL.jpg

I've always been a WW2 buff but this book has so much first-hand information I was unaware of before. A must read for others with similar interests.

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read all the Hillerman books about 10 years ago. Great stuff! When I was in New Mexico visiting relatives I even toured some of the locations mentioned in his stories.
That would be something. Did you see Spider Rock and Ship Rock? And the four mountains. Finished the series the other week.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
That would be something. Did you see Spider Rock and Ship Rock? And the four mountains. Finished the series the other week.

If I recall I only made it to Ship Rock, Teec Nos Pas and some of the other adjacent spots. Just not enough time...
I had this map with me:
PQEarK8ug88qQ4SqDTFZE_RaPdMyOl_5rlV63Tu3rs3ii3rsJe44YA-5oGrbWCOQghDLzXL20eLnJ_AhtcWg3neO3IDk0qtetFf_
voLhCNr.jpg

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
Folgore 202- That wasn't an article, it was sale listings. I edited it out. Please re-read forum policies and rules. Thanks.

jrgold

Enlightened
Monster Hunters International by Larry Correia, quite a few mentions of Surefires! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
My Night time book is "Anne of Avonlea" (it`s the sequel to Anne of Green Gables). my Daytime book is "Free Play" by Nachmanovitch.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Recently finished up "The Wallace Guidebook: For Emergency care and Survival."

Not bad as a primer. Mainly read it to review on my YouTube channel. My book review playlist gets the least number of views combined. But I cover important topics, so I don't mind.

Poppy

Flashaholic
41FiX2XZOrL.jpg

I've always been a WW2 buff but this book has so much first-hand information I was unaware of before. A must read for others with similar interests.
SCEMan,
Thanks for the recommendation!

I picked this up at the library a couple of days ago, and I am already about 1/3rd through it. I've been thinking that I need to find a good book to read, and I am glad you suggested this one.

This book, like many, lacks maps. It's about 35 years since I read a lot about the War of the Pacific. I need maps to know where these different islands are.

The last book I read was "Survive!" by Les Stroud.
I didn't finish it.
I like his show, and enjoyed the light-hearted videos about surviving the Covid-19. I guess I am over - reading survival manuals.

Poppy

Flashaholic
5s8Zh5,
Earlier you asked about Spider Rock.
In 1999 we took a road trip across the US and back. We stopped at Canyon de Chelly, and hiked most of the way down. Once back up top, I saw a sign for "Spider Rock". It was pretty darn hot, so my wife and daughter elected to stay in the motorhome, while my son and I walked 1/4 mile to the lookout to see "Spider Rock."
Either at that time, or the year earlier, one of the 4x4 truck companies (I don't remember which one) was running a commercial with their truck perched on top of it, so we just had to go and take a look.

It was certainly a sight to see. Previously seeing the TV commercial made it a bit more special. I don't know if they air-lifted the truck up there, or did it with the magic of television, and cgi, but there is no way it could have been driven up there.

Last edited: