What did you use your flashlight for today?

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was across the street helping a friend guide her car as she parallel parked. I was 10pm and where I was standing had no street lighting. So I used the spill to light up my hand as I gestured to continue to move back and get her to move as close as possible to the car behind her.

cerbie

Enlightened
To put my car into gear (both to illuminate the shift-lock override mechanism, and move parts of it w/ the bezel).

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Used my SF L1 to light the path to our front door after a particularly long shopping session (gets dark here early in winter), then again to allow me to negotiate the yard on my way to feed the goat & rabbit :thumbsup:

Last edited:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
SF-M2-Incan Along with a garden hose to scare away some cats that were screaching at each other in my yard... ***dam things woke up my son:mad:.

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was shining my 25,000,000 cp Sunforce HID spotlight into the night sky tonight for no particular reason other than to enjoy lighting up the clear night sky with a nice, tight pencil beam.

Spotlights are so much fun! :candle:

Squishy

Newly Enlightened
Used the corona of my NB SST-50 to write notes after tracking an impaired driver across "jurisdictional" lines (in quotes because there really is no jurisdiction for LEO in Ontario, but there are set patrol areas). For Ontarians, it started in OPP Aurora's patrol zone and ended up into York Regional's area. I didn't have my low-level light with me, and only non-flashaholics use the stupid dome light! :fail:

I realised after the fact that, in having to communicate with two separate agencies, I had a hard time keeping track of which dispatcher already had what information. I think dispatcher #1 got "We're going north on HWY [X] north of the [A] exit" but then dispatcher #2 just got "We're now heading east onto [Y] Rd." Good thing the vehicle then made a series of turns in quick succession, allowing the second dispatcher to establish our position while failing to lose me.

It was a... :cool: ...sobering experience.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Scuderia

Newly Enlightened
Used my SR90 to chase off pesky teens playing soccer at the multi storey carpark opposite my apartment at 2am this morning. I forgot it was on high when I turn if off, I nearly blinded myself from the spill bouncing off my window ledge. :stupid:

bc3010

Newly Enlightened
Used my Incendio v3 to trace a cat6 cable through the suspended ceiling.

nbp

Flashaholic
Used Ra Twisty 100 on High to help me remove the exhaust system off my car. :D

Used Ra Twisty 100 on Low to remove chunk of dirt that fell in my eye while removing exhaust system. :shakehead

sappyg

Enlightened
i used a warm tint preon II the show off to friend who knows i have a problem with flashlights.

he seemed impressed but, somehow i don't think he gets it.

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
Used Ra Twisty 100 on High to help me remove the exhaust system off my car. :D

Used Ra Twisty 100 on Low to remove chunk of dirt that fell in my eye while removing exhaust system. :shakehead

Nick,

I'm glad she has found a new home that will use her;).

Nick.

nbp

Flashaholic
Yessir! I'm finding fewer and fewer instances where I don't have either the clicky or the twisty with me. Thanks again for responding to my WTB, I'm really happy with this light. And it's a P4, which made me extra happy! Love that emitter! Thanks again Nick! I'll work with you again anytime. :twothumbs

Nick,

I'm glad she has found a new home that will use her;).

Nick.

gottawearshades

Enlightened
Yesterday I used my U60 with an xp-g to spot and kill a couple of ants (they wouldn't listen to reason) on a pop-corn textured ceiling. I could barely see them with the fixed ceiling light on, but they were easy to spot with the HDS.

This is a great thread.

NightKids

Enlightened
Just turning my Quark Mini 123 on & off at work right now (office environment). For no reason at all but just because I like the feel of the light.