What did you use your flashlight for today?

lightsandknives

Enlightened
Used it to see how to attach wires/cables to new TV/surround sound. Mini CR2 works great for holding it in your mouth when you have to!:eek:oo:

scout24

Flashaholic
Used my Sundrop to dig in my safe for some CR2's for a runtime test, used my Creemator to find a "lost" thumbdrive under the seat of a cruiser at work.

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
I took my nephew to the bathroom down a long, dark hallway over here. I asked him if he would rather have me turn on the light or use my Fenix LD20. He picked the flashlight so I happily obliged.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Put my brand new QMini AA Warm through its paces. Glad I decided to try out a warm tint light. Very nice ceiling bouncer.

Geoff

Mr. Shawn

Enlightened
When I was rocking my younger son to sleep this morning for his nap, his bottle kept sliding down my shoulder and out of his mouth because I was playing with my D10 R2 with my right hand. So, I clipped the light to the front of my shirt to create a nice cradle for the bottle, which left my right hand free but unoccupied. Oh well, I'll make sure to have at least two lights the next naptime so I can still play with a light. :D

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fisk-King- good to know! Saves me doing the same with my mizer... Now I just need to make a chart of m lights and their runtimes...

:D

started a runtime test on my Ra Clicky 200cn on the lowest setting (~.09LM) using a AW RCR123. Time was 10:37p.m. It's going to be a few days, I hope;).

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
Earlier tonight I went out on an after dinner walk with my girlfriend. We went around the block to the running track and high school field behind her place. It was pretty late at night so I decided to light up that track and field with my best light, my Fenix TK40. Though it's not a throw light, it worked out great and lit up enough of an area so that we both didn't have a problem with staying out a bit later at night than we normally do.

I'm amazed at how many residents of her neighborhood go out for night strolls without any lights at all.

ASheep

Enlightened
I used my warm white Preon 2 to check whether my gums were bleeding, I had my wisdom teeth cut out yesterday, and I need to check the swelling and stitches regularly. The warm works really well for this!

Roger999

Enlightened
I had my wisdom teeth taken out a few years ago & it was one of my worst experiences ever
I got mine pulled out 10weeks ago, it wasn't bad at all, although you can't help but laugh at yourself in the mirror when you look like a chipmunk, though there was a chip of my teeth stuck on my gum which fell off 2weeks after it lol.

Mr. Shawn

Enlightened
I had my wisdom teeth taken out a few years ago & it was one of my worst experiences ever

I got mine pulled several years ago and opted to stay awake and get the nitrous oxide. I was jamming to tunes the whole time and enjoyed the visit. I love going to the dentist because I see it as being pampered. :D

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did a post trip inspection on my semi/trailer. Whacked all the tires with it to check for flats.

redbike

Newly Enlightened
Used my new SF Backup to look under the back deck of a house we were looking at buying. What I saw looked good; so we bought the house (!) Guess that'll be the end of my flashaholism for a while.

Rexlion

Enlightened
Yesterday I used the Maratac AAA in my pocket to see inside a VCR, trying to remove the stuck tape, and to see in the house as I shut off the lights and walked to the bedroom. Today I used it to find a bolt holding my car's air filter cover down. Both days I used my floody Quark RGB to illuminate some photos better. Tried the P-Rocket with the head off, which works great but didn't have the color temp I wanted.

It sometimes amazes me to realize how much I use a flashlight every day now that I have one in my pocket all the time. I fumbled around a lot in dark places before I came to the LED light! :grin2:

NightKids

Enlightened
Used the lowest setting on my Quark Mini AA warm to serve as a candle without waking my partner up. It's perfect for this task.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Used my new SF Backup to look under the back deck of a house we were looking at buying. What I saw looked good; so we bought the house (!) Guess that'll be the end of my flashaholism for a while.

Wow! One of the best flashlight stories I've ever heard.

You should post that on Surefire's official website. They love collecting all sorts of stories from customers about their Surefire models.

fishhead

Newly Enlightened
Looked for turkey bags in the back of a dark pantry.

With my TK40.

Hey, it was just sitting there on the shelf...