What did you use your flashlight for today?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Used my Eagletac P10A to check the lobby I work at for miniature centipedes.

Saw them at work two weeks ago, now they're back. Mainly harmless. But annoying.

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was walking tonight with my significant other in an open area without any light and was using my Zebralight h51fw and Malkoff m61n to light up where we were walking.

ven

Flashaholic
Using a good few lights,sr miniVN for general use around the farm,sr52vn and tk61vn around the fields and long distance . The sr52vn can certainly hold it's own,don't get me wrong,the tk61vn throws further but wow for a compact light the sr52vn is a must thrower for anyone who likes a compact,user friendly thrower. Then the mm15vn is just out of this world, just lights up the field,awesome flood and near daylight . D25c ti used as edc,so useful ,still ample bright enough for most uses and some. Mr groutboy..........took trash out with the srminiVN:p To the end of the field,am easy 150ft and lit way sufficiently with lots of flood.

After using the sr52vn a few times slant it on charge WOW how long?...... :laughing: only down to 4.0v and hours later I got a green light :laughing:

say any it again the miniVN and 52vn make a perfect couple,camping even more so as everything is covered apart from a low low so so d25c helps there .

Used th tk75vn a few times too,such a great light all round.

Any spelling mistakes is due to the iPad,the ship broadband and coastal air with a top of kopparberg :)

(week of sun,sea and........flashlights :laughing: Oh and it's 11pm before it gets dark....:sigh:

Richub

Enlightened
High summer here, the nice warm evenings make people spend a lot of evenings outside to avoid the heat trapped in our houses.
Late last night, suddenly the neighbor was swearing the devil back into hell in the midst of a family party in his garden: He had lost his wedding ring.

He immediately came to me to ask for a flashlight to search for that ring. I impressed him with my new TK35 UE a while back, so he knew I had some powerful lights.
I went to his place with both my TK35's: UE and normal version, TK12, and PD31, and we searched for over an hour for that ring, but it appeared to be lost forever...

Today, his 2 year old niece was playing in their garden, and suddenly she fiercely protected something from her older brother trying to take it away from her: She had just found that ring! :)

4 Adults searching for over an hour with high-end flashlights got beaten by a sweet 2 year old girl, lol. ;)

Last edited:

turkeylord

Enlightened
Microswitch on my cheapo laser pointer died, so I shorted it with a piece of paperclip. Then it needed a switch so I cobbled together a Maratac/Four Sevens body. Looks and runs great on a 10440 & spacer, but alas it's only temporary.

azBxXrG.jpg

PJ

Enlightened
This last week I have been shipping parts for a coworker on vacation. The facilities mangler ( oops... manager) is keeping the lights off in the warehouse because we have 6 skylights and things are kind of slow.
I have been using the Fenix E01 on my keychain to read the part numbers on the boxes. Maybe I'll grab the LedLenser X7r out of my truck and use it tomorrow, if I can figure out how to program the dimming mode.

TweakMDS

Enlightened
A bit of an odd one this time...

We had an intruder in the backyard. My girlfriend was awake at the time, since she's a bit out of her sleeping rythm in the hot summer days. Around 4 am, she heard rustling and someone was climbing over the fence. She used a Tank007 E09 (simple 3 mode AAA light) that's always by the back door. I won't go into too many details, but it was very scary and intimidating for her. Apparently he's been coming into the backyard for about two weeks now.

The man was never able to enter the house but the backdoor was open and he was trying to talk to her. Fortunately she managed to pull the door closed in time and made it to the phone to dial emergency services. At that he ran back away, and climbed back over the fence.

Police made it to our house in lightning speed and were in my backyard within a very impressive TWO MINUTES. Much praise to them for that, made us feel a lot safer that the response is so accurate.
While the police circled the block, I used a Zebralight SC52 to scan all around everywhere, to see if he was still around.
They were using Led lensers T7 or something >_<
Nice warm tint on them though. I guess you have to be a flashaholic to appreciate a flashlight's tint at moments like that.

Unfortunately, the man was nowhere to be found. They did stop someone in the park behind us, but he didn't match the description. Police took statements and told us they had around 3 cars in the area and would keep circling the next few nights.

Terrible stuff, I'm really thinking about how best to approach this. Probably starting off with an IR camera and some motion detectors in the backyard. We live in the Netherlands, so firepower home defense isn't really an option...

Richub

Enlightened
@ TweakMDS: Motion detectors coupled to some construction lights or other bright lights are the way to go here, burglars detest light.

I'm using my good ol' TK45 in my shower again, because the last incandescent bulb I had blew yesterday.
Those CFL's keep shorting out in my damp bathroom, so I'm using normal bulbs there, but they are hard to find nowadays in Europe.

TweakMDS

Enlightened
Thanks, I've been on the lookout for motion detect lights since this morning. They need to be relatively cat-proof (like: don't trigger any time any of my two cats walk by), but upon actual activation create daylight in my backyard.
By the way, it was more of a stalker than a burglar. That's why I'm very concerned about a return visit, he's been there every few days for two weeks and thought she was "lonely".

Any tips on motion sensor lights in the netherlands by the way?

groutboy_1

Enlightened
A bit of an odd one this time...

We had an intruder in the backyard. My girlfriend was awake at the time, since she's a bit out of her sleeping rythm in the hot summer days. Around 4 am, she heard rustling and someone was climbing over the fence. She used a Tank007 E09 (simple 3 mode AAA light) that's always by the back door. I won't go into too many details, but it was very scary and intimidating for her. Apparently he's been coming into the backyard for about two weeks now.

The man was never able to enter the house but the backdoor was open and he was trying to talk to her. Fortunately she managed to pull the door closed in time and made it to the phone to dial emergency services. At that he ran back away, and climbed back over the fence.

Police made it to our house in lightning speed and were in my backyard within a very impressive TWO MINUTES. Much praise to them for that, made us feel a lot safer that the response is so accurate.
While the police circled the block, I used a Zebralight SC52 to scan all around everywhere, to see if he was still around.
They were using Led lensers T7 or something >_<
Nice warm tint on them though. I guess you have to be a flashaholic to appreciate a flashlight's tint at moments like that.

Unfortunately, the man was nowhere to be found. They did stop someone in the park behind us, but he didn't match the description. Police took statements and told us they had around 3 cars in the area and would keep circling the next few nights.

Terrible stuff, I'm really thinking about how best to approach this. Probably starting off with an IR camera and some motion detectors in the backyard. We live in the Netherlands, so firepower home defense isn't really an option...

Lots of lights, e cams....How about pepper spray....Fogged, gel, tight stream, or foam....

TweakMDS

Enlightened
I have a foam fire extinguisher and gonna place that near the door. It'll be useless as a weapon, but maybe somewhat effective against the behavior he's displayed up until now. However, the kitchen knives are nearby and I'd really hope to avoid any kind of situation where either of us have to confront him. In that case we might be the one getting picked up by the police.
Going to look at an IP camera first and probably work at mounting some motion detect lights in the backyard. For the next couple of days the door will probably remain closed.

Police have instructed us on how to make the call next time so they'll immediately rush to the fence in the backyard.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Let's keep on track here. We're talking flashlights. Re other deterrents to home invasion, go ahead and start a thread at the CAFE.

Bill

Last edited:

mks195

Newly Enlightened
To illuminate (on low) my modest Cu/SS/Ti flashlight collection housed in a plexiglass case. The "throwers" are not in the case and are used 'daily/nightly'.lovecpf

... am I becoming a ''flashaholic''? ... :thinking:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Camping with friends over the weekend, I used my 80 mw 532 nm laser to point out stars and constellations, and my 3 watt 445 nm laser to light their cigarettes, and a DEFTX to point out firewood from about 1/2 mile away.

:D

Asura72

Newly Enlightened
Used my Streamlight Microstream to check on the kids. Fairly mundane after some of the stories here.

turkeylord

Enlightened
Camping with friends over the weekend, I used my 80 mw 532 nm laser to point out stars and constellations, and my 3 watt 445 nm laser to light their cigarettes, and a DEFTX to point out firewood from about 1/2 mile away.

:D
lol, I just got back from a week long canoe trip - I had my H600wII & G25C2vn which were more than enough around camp, but I really need to add a thrower to my collection. :D

Latest posts